Young Guns Air Rifles (Read 6135 times)

Zaytsev2013

Young Guns Air Rifles
« on: February 24, 2016, 01:12:52 PM »
Stopped by Young Guns today and noticed they have a tripled their selection of air rifles!  Appeared to be just as many if not more than long guns.
"The arrival of the Nazi sniper set us a new task. We had to find him, study habits and methods, and patiently await the moment for one, and only one, well-aimed shot"

stangzilla

Re: Young Guns Air Rifles
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 01:22:07 PM »
nice selection

I wish there was someone on island that does airgun repair.

mauiblue

Re: Young Guns Air Rifles
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 06:37:12 PM »
nice selection

I wish there was someone on island that does airgun repair.
Yeah, me too. I had a FX Cyclone years ago which developed a leak. I had to send it to the mainland and the repair cost was big bucks. :-(

zippz

Re: Young Guns Air Rifles
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 06:51:10 PM »
One of these days I'm going to pickup a Benjamin Marauder, attach a night vision scope to it, then hunt nutria in the swamps.

ren

Re: Young Guns Air Rifles
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 07:00:19 PM »
Great selection. Great service. Friendly in my experiences.  I saw a Hatsan there. There are a bit pricey on some things. I paid $12.99 to fill my gun not a tank just the PCP gun so that I could troubleshoot whether it was my pump or gun that was bad. BTW, sorry I haven't got back to some of you about my Benji Disco, but I found out my pump was bad and my neighbors want the chickens culled. They are wrecking havoc on their and my parents' gardens or whats left. Strange things are going on with my parents garden. Visited them this morning and a feral cat was sitting in the hydroponics tub and the Oscars were looking at it WTF?! Just sitting there like the Chesire cat in Alice In Wonderland. It was lethargic and most likely has feline AIDS. There were 3 of them so far.
Anyways.
YGs price on a carbon tank with adaptor and 10 free fills is a pretty good deal at $400. If I remember it is rated at 4k PSI - great for a Marauder. They won't fill any other tanks - just the ones they sell for liability.
Found out my Disco can push pellets at about 900~950 fps which is a tad bit slower than a 22 LR at stand vel.
This is where I got mine http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0018LETH0/?tag=2ahawaii-20
If that Disco at Young Guns is on sale at $369 WITH pump that's a great deal - go get it! :thumbsup: Keep in mind it is as loud as a .22 rimfire.

As far as repairs, I found some great help on the internet. Fixed my Benji pump for about $15 for new seals, some springs from City Mill and about two hours which included reading and watching videos about it. Doesn't take much. Be careful about using motor oil or any other FLAMMABLE lube around your PCP gun and pump!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 07:08:19 PM by ren »
Deeds Not Words

Hanabata

Re: Young Guns Air Rifles
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2016, 08:32:43 AM »
Be careful about using motor oil or any other FLAMMABLE lube around your PCP gun and pump!

^^
Good tip right there.  Don't use petroleum based lubricants that may be exposed to the high-pressure side of your PCP. It becomes volatile and can combust under the high pressure. For those o-rings, use a pure silicone grease (like diver's grease).  And if servicing your own PCP, be sure to de-gas the gun before getting into the pressure components (tube/bottle, regulator , etc).
Good fun plinking airguns!   :shaka: