AR platform picture thread (Read 5973 times)

stangzilla

AR platform picture thread
« on: March 14, 2016, 07:38:45 AM »
mods can merge this thread if its a repeat, couldn't find one in a search


Post your AR's
builds, purchase, entry level, whatever you got

this is my first AR I picked up a few months ago
Core 15 scout, your basic AR, with a 1-6x24 scope


Heavies

Re: AR platform picture thread
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 10:16:06 AM »

stangzilla

Re: AR platform picture thread
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 03:38:21 PM »
twins


suka

Re: AR platform picture thread
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 05:57:06 AM »
Double Tax $200 each

drck1000

Re: AR platform picture thread
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2016, 09:32:27 AM »



What kind of takedown pins are those?  They seem to be projecting about 1/4" or so out.  Never seen anything like that. 

Heavies

Re: AR platform picture thread
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2016, 10:27:21 AM »
What kind of takedown pins are those?  They seem to be projecting about 1/4" or so out.  Never seen anything like that. 
Those are V Seven Weapons extended ultra light take down pins. 

http://www.vsevenweaponsystems.com/collections/lower-parts/products/ar-15-extended-pin-set

stangzilla

Re: AR platform picture thread
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 08:38:15 AM »
Spikes lower, PSA lower build kit (later changed out the pistol grip and stock for magpul), ALG ACT trigger, PSA 5.56 upper with 13" keymod handrail, optic is primary arms 4-14x44 ACSS FFP






ren

Re: AR platform picture thread
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2017, 09:13:24 AM »
oh no. You bridged the gap!
Deeds Not Words

drck1000

Re: AR platform picture thread
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2017, 09:21:01 AM »
Spikes lower, PSA lower build kit (later changed out the pistol grip and stock for magpul), ALG ACT trigger, PSA 5.56 upper with 13" keymod handrail, optic is primary arms 4-14x44 ACSS FFP

:thumbsup:

Let me know what you think of the ALG trigger.  I have been thinking about trying one of their triggers for a while.  I was going to start with the QMS, but that was more about cost and sticking close to GI/milspec triggers. 

stangzilla

Re: AR platform picture thread
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2017, 11:56:00 AM »
:thumbsup:

Let me know what you think of the ALG trigger.  I have been thinking about trying one of their triggers for a while.  I was going to start with the QMS, but that was more about cost and sticking close to GI/milspec triggers.

I've had the rifle for over a year and a half now, just got around to posting this now. 
I really like the trigger.  its almost the same trigger pull as milspec in terms of pounds, although I haven't tested it.  but it is smoother. it may be a pound lighter, or that may be just my perception bc its smoother.
I didn't really want a super light trigger, and I wanted it to be reliable.  so this trigger fit the bill for me.  and its not too expensive.

I have another build on the way and I ordered this trigger which appears to be the same, but its even cheaper:
http://www.tomstactical.com/Toms-Tactical-AR-15-Enhanced-Nickel-Teflon-Trigger-Group_p_169.html
I even ordered a second one bc it was cheap. 
you can never build too many AR's   :thumbsup:

stangzilla

Re: AR platform picture thread
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2017, 09:56:23 PM »
Ruger AR556 stripped lower, milspec lower parts kit, Toms Tactical enhanced nickel Teflon trigger group, kaw valley precision 4.3 oz buffer, chrome silicone JP enterprise buffer spring, ambi CH, PSA 18" SS barrel upper with 15" keymod handguard chambered in .223 Wylde, magpul k2 pistol grip, Luth-ar mba4 modular buttstock.