What the heck did I just buy? (Read 3531 times)

2aHawaii

  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3629
  • Total likes: 67
  • Sheepdog
  • Referrals: 17
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
What the heck did I just buy?
« on: November 13, 2011, 02:48:54 PM »
This is my new HD shotgun  :D

[attachment deleted by admin]
I am not a lawyer.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - United States Constitution Amendment 2 & Hawaii State Constitution Article 1 Section 17

Buying from Amazon? Click through here

Kingkeoni

Re: What the heck did I just buy?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 03:45:02 PM »
Nice.

You can never have too many pump shotguns.

You'll need them to arm others during the zombie apocalypse.  ;)
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

antoinebugleboy

Re: What the heck did I just buy?
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 05:53:42 PM »
This is my new HD shotgun  :D

I've been thinking about getting a shotgun as well, but I don't know enough about them to make a good decision. The prices seem to vary so wildly. What's the real difference between a $150 and a $1200 12-gauge? With good care and maintenance, is the $150 going to last, and will it be reliable, or is it going to fall apart in a few years? A few months?
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch. - Heinlein

I swear by my life, and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Rand

What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Hitchens

bass monkey

Re: What the heck did I just buy?
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 06:02:49 PM »
Ive been looking at the Mavrick short barrel for home defense.  Great gun and a good price as well.

2aHawaii

  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3629
  • Total likes: 67
  • Sheepdog
  • Referrals: 17
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
Re: What the heck did I just buy?
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 04:16:46 AM »
In my mind, you can never go wrong with a Remington 870, Mossberg 500, or Mossberg 590. There is a whole range of models with different features and they are the most customizable shotguns on the market. I think the Mossberg Mavrick is supposed to be decent as well, just on the cheaper end.
I am not a lawyer.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - United States Constitution Amendment 2 & Hawaii State Constitution Article 1 Section 17

Buying from Amazon? Click through here

antoinebugleboy

Re: What the heck did I just buy?
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 08:31:04 AM »
Thanks!  :thumbsup:
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch. - Heinlein

I swear by my life, and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Rand

What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Hitchens