Announcing some changes to General Discussion (Read 7268 times)

Jl808

Announcing some changes to General Discussion
« on: April 19, 2016, 05:09:34 PM »
We will be cleaning up General Discussion  to make it a bit easier to find things. 

Political Discussions
- if you noticed, there is a new section called Political Discussions.
- this is where all "political" talk will reside so the other sections remain clear of politics.
- political talk tends to get heated so we have this section for that kind of discussions.
- feel free to voice your political opinions here but please keep discussions civil.  And no getting butt-hurt.

General Discussion
- this is the busiest section on the site; we will be cleaning this to keep topics here firearm-related.
- people looking for gun-related discussions should expect to find firearm-related topics here

Legislative and Activism
- legislative/bills and call-to-action related topics will reside here.
- this is different from Political Discussion as topics here will be actionable Pro-2a stuff that should not divide us as a firearm community. 
- if you see something new posted here, please read and take action right away as they are likely time sensitive (sending testimonies, etc).
- while this section is not as popular, we hope that by consolidating actionable topics here, they will be easier to find.

Off-Topic
- this will be a general purpose section for all other topics that do not fit the other sections above.

All other sections will remain as is.
I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

mrgaf

Re: Announcing some changes to General Discussion
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 02:47:39 PM »
I must be blind... can't find the political discussion section. Has it been put p yet? thanks!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

MuffinMan

Re: Announcing some changes to General Discussion
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 03:35:36 PM »
I must be blind... can't find the political discussion section. Has it been put up yet? thanks!

I found it.  You'll probably need glasses  :wave:
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 03:42:12 PM by MuffinMan »

Jl808

Re: Announcing some changes to General Discussion
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 05:10:45 PM »
I must be blind... can't find the political discussion section. Has it been put p yet? thanks!


Haha it's under General Topics -> Political Discussions.
I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Inspector

Re: Announcing some changes to General Discussion
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 05:56:22 PM »

Haha it's under General Topics -> Political Discussions.
Haha No it is not for me either! Seriously. It's not there.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

robtmc

Re: Announcing some changes to General Discussion
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 06:07:03 PM »
We will be cleaning up General Discussion  to make it a bit easier to find things. 

Political Discussions
- if you noticed, there is a new section called Political Discussions.
- this is where all "political" talk will reside so the other sections remain clear of politics.
Too much to hope that a certain member that seems to be here just for the love of arguing might be restricted there?

God knows he/she/it does not contribute any information on any other subject, just endless arguments.

Keep the meaningless post count way down on threads of interest to the core of 2AHawaii members.

new guy

Re: Announcing some changes to General Discussion
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2016, 06:13:23 PM »
.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 12:06:30 AM by new guy »
Your mindset is your primary weapon. - Jeff Cooper

mrgaf

Re: Announcing some changes to General Discussion
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2016, 09:50:22 PM »
Looked again and still not there. oh well....no big deal.... thanks!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

Jl808

Re: Announcing some changes to General Discussion
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2016, 07:25:36 AM »
I sent 2ahawaii a pm to check.
I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Jl808

Re: Announcing some changes to General Discussion
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2016, 07:19:27 PM »
Ok, it should be visible now.
I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

eyeeatingfish

Re: Announcing some changes to General Discussion
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2016, 12:13:56 AM »
Ok, it should be visible now.

Not seeing it. Nevermind, found it.

Jl808

Re: Announcing some changes to General Discussion
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2016, 10:07:35 AM »
Sorry about all the topic redirection posts. I'll move the topics without having the redirection posts so it doesn't clog up the boards.
I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Rocky

Re: Announcing some changes to General Discussion
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2016, 02:49:33 PM »
Too much to hope that a certain member that seems to be here just for the love of arguing might be restricted there?

God knows he/she/it does not contribute any information on any other subject, just endless arguments.

Keep the meaningless post count way down on threads of interest to the core of 2AHawaii members.

How about a page for BS ranting?  ::) 
:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt