Trump (Read 7266 times)

dafrtknocker

FBI

edster48

Re: Trump
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2016, 06:27:46 AM »
I think his meaning is being confused with the traditional cry of the democrats and socialists of their being "the workers party".

We have to remember that the media works very hard to twist everything that is said by anyone, especially Trump, to fit their agenda.

What I think he means by that comment is that the GOP will finally come to represent the values of the people that believe in America, the Constitution, and Freedom rather than their own interests and those of the "donor class" that they have been foisting upon us.

In short, us. Isn't that what we want? Isn't that what everyone bitches about incessantly? That we aren't being represented by the people we elect?

Am I mistaken, or has anyone else noticed that the establishment pukes that we put in congress have done nothing, NOTHING, to stop the policies and outright unconstitutional and illegal acts of the Obama administration?

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. It's time to change what we're doing to reflect that.

As far as the transgender bathroom "issue" all he has proposed is that we follow the Constitution and leave that decision up to the states. The fact that he doesn't agree with NC's decision is irrelevant, he correctly states that this isn't something the federal government should be involved in, regardless of how he feels about it.

I guess it's been so long since we've seen a presidential candidate propose actually following the Constitution we've forgotten what it looks like.
Always be yourself.
Unless you can be a pirate.
Then always be a pirate.

Sodie

Re: Trump
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 09:32:24 PM »
The part I can't figure out is that every time I've talked to anyone who either supports Trump or is undecided but may lean Trump is that they almost constantly say "what I think he means by that is..." or "what he should have said was..."

Well, if that's what he means or what he should have said, why didn't he say that in the first place?  Why does he say outrageous stuff that there's no way he can deliver?  For example, he said he can pay off the entire $19T national debt in 8 years.  Impossible?  Well, I hate to say that anything is impossible, but... to do so, as a minimum, he would need to cut spending and/or raise revenues to such an extent that INSTEAD of running $500B-$1T deficits through 2024 (as projected by the CBO), we would have SURPLUSES of $2.375T per year.  He also said he didn't think he'd need any tax increases to do this, because "Our [trade] deals are so bad."  ???

So, while impossible is maybe not the right word, I'm not going to hold my breath.  That leaves me to wonder, does he not know that there's no way he could deliver, or does he really believe he could do the virtually impossible? 

In other words, is he a liar or a moron?

Inspector

Re: Trump
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2016, 06:10:06 AM »
The part I can't figure out is that every time I've talked to anyone who either supports Trump or is undecided but may lean Trump is that they almost constantly say "what I think he means by that is..." or "what he should have said was..."

Well, if that's what he means or what he should have said, why didn't he say that in the first place?  Why does he say outrageous stuff that there's no way he can deliver?  For example, he said he can pay off the entire $19T national debt in 8 years.  Impossible?  Well, I hate to say that anything is impossible, but... to do so, as a minimum, he would need to cut spending and/or raise revenues to such an extent that INSTEAD of running $500B-$1T deficits through 2024 (as projected by the CBO), we would have SURPLUSES of $2.375T per year.  He also said he didn't think he'd need any tax increases to do this, because "Our [trade] deals are so bad."  ???

So, while impossible is maybe not the right word, I'm not going to hold my breath.  That leaves me to wonder, does he not know that there's no way he could deliver, or does he really believe he could do the virtually impossible? 

In other words, is he a liar or a moron?
I don't think he is a liar or a moron. I think he is NOT a politician. He just blurts out things that are on his mind instead of being concise and think about what he is going to say before he says things. This is the biggest thing I have against Trump. We really need a real politician when dealing with the rest of the world. You can be a cowboy with the U.S. citizens, but you need to watch what you say and how you say it when dealing with your enemies and friends alike. JMHO
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

edster48

Re: Trump
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2016, 01:49:10 PM »
I don't think he is a liar or a moron. I think he is NOT a politician. He just blurts out things that are on his mind instead of being concise and think about what he is going to say before he says things. This is the biggest thing I have against Trump. We really need a real politician when dealing with the rest of the world. You can be a cowboy with the U.S. citizens, but you need to watch what you say and how you say it when dealing with your enemies and friends alike. JMHO

I agree that most of the reason he ends up being misunderstood is because he's not a politician. He doesn't run things through his "team" to have it polished and sanitized before they put it on a teleprompter for him.

I completely disagree that we have any "need" for a politician when dealing with foreign governments, or any other reason for that matter.

Politicians and politics are what got us into this mess in the first place. They will all lie, cheat, and steal from anyone, anywhere, anytime in order to get into office and stay there. We need to get them out of our government.
Always be yourself.
Unless you can be a pirate.
Then always be a pirate.

PeaShooter

Re: Trump
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 08:26:54 AM »
Completely agree with edster48. I hope that Trump will win in the end, through the support of all the other Americans who are tired of being controlled by "politically correct" hypocrites.

As for him being undecided on the bathroom issue, I respect people who have the thoughtfulness to say they are undecided on things. To me that shows integrity, even if you disagree with their position.

Most people are inconsistent with their beliefs if you really get down to analyzing them. People including Trump have blamed gun massacres on mentally ill individuals. But if you believe in the existence of mental illness (I do not), then you are accepting the validity of the mental health professions, which in turn supports the idea that one can believe and demand that others accept that they are a gender different from what they are physically born. (Or rather, it will as soon as the mental health people decide transgender is not a mental illness anymore, like they did for gay/lesbian a couple decades ago).

eyeeatingfish

Re: Trump
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2016, 07:29:33 PM »
I don't think he is a liar or a moron.

I agree that he is not stupid but a liar seems to fit. Unless he just suffers amnesia and forgets the things he said when he is denying he said those things.

edster48

Re: Trump
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2016, 07:54:52 PM »
I agree that he is not stupid but a liar seems to fit. Unless he just suffers amnesia and forgets the things he said when he is denying he said those things.

Compared to who? Obama? Hillary? Please...
Always be yourself.
Unless you can be a pirate.
Then always be a pirate.

Inspector

Re: Trump
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2016, 07:59:30 PM »
I agree that he is not stupid but a liar seems to fit. Unless he just suffers amnesia and forgets the things he said when he is denying he said those things.
I see your trolling again. Things getting boring around your house?  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

eyeeatingfish

Re: Trump
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2016, 10:12:02 PM »
I see your trolling again. Things getting boring around your house?  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The wife and kids are gone. It is either this or pleasure myself.

Inspector

Re: Trump
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2016, 06:31:26 AM »
The wife and kids are gone. It is either this or pleasure myself.
You mean you can't do both? I really thought better of you!!!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

PeaShooter

Re: Trump
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2016, 06:54:06 AM »
All politicians are liars.

eyeeatingfish

Re: Trump
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2016, 12:05:42 PM »
You mean you can't do both? I really thought better of you!!!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The keys get sticky. :thumbsup:

Inspector

SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

eyeeatingfish

Re: Trump
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2016, 10:49:08 AM »
Compared to who? Obama? Hillary? Please...

Not comparing. Just because someone else is more of a liar doesn't make him not a liar.