Meetup.com: Hawaii Guys and Gals with Guns (Read 10525 times)

zippz

Meetup.com: Hawaii Guys and Gals with Guns
« on: June 09, 2016, 06:31:02 PM »
I put together a meetup.com group called Hawaii Guys and Gals with Guns. Anyone can join this group, including those that don't own firearms with an emphasis on women and youths.  The purpose of this group is to have shooters from the general public get involved with firearm activities whether it's learning about guns, trying find classes, joining clubs, competitions, hunting, etc.  It's also to help people that want to get involved, but are intimidated or don't know where to start which is especially important for those taking the handgun class or purchasing their first firearm.  Usually they go to the range once or twice then lock their guns away forever.  We want to keep them involved.

I recommend changing your username to just your first name on the site.

http://www.meetup.com/HawaiiGGG

Upcoming events:
June 16 - Range 15 Movie in Kapolei (combined with 2ahawaii)
June 18 - HRA Shooting Sports Fair
June 26 - KHSC Silhouette Shoot
July 23 - KHSC Silhouette Shoot
TBD - Long Gun Course for Newbies
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 03:07:11 PM by zippz »

zippz

Re: Meetup.com HIGGG
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 06:57:30 PM »
Goals of the site is to get more people involved, and give them a path to follow.  Also to get more women and youth involved.  This can help clubs increase membership and give more business to businesses.

oldfart

Re: Meetup.com HIGGG
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 08:06:47 PM »
Sounds like a good idea
What, Me Worry?

zippz

Re: Meetup.com HIGGG
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2016, 03:02:28 PM »
Got a few members on board already and the site is going live to the public tomorrow.

I do need a couple of experts in hunting and precision rifle that can help answer questions, mentor shooters, and lead some events in the future.  I lack in experience in those fields.

First set of events are:
Range 15 movie
Shooting Sports Fair
Silhouette range shoot

Teichi

Re: Meetup.com HIGGG
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2016, 04:55:33 PM »
I nominate Robble1 as the rat hunting expert.
https://2ahawaii.com/index.php?topic=16013.0

Heavies

Re: Meetup.com HIGGG
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2016, 07:38:07 PM »
Joined.

Although I am no expert, I could coach F-class.  Not on the match day though.  I want to boost my standing on the next match.  Haven't had many matches and "sharp shooter" ain't cutting it.   Lol

macsak

Re: Meetup.com HIGGG
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2016, 07:57:59 PM »
Joined.

Although I am no expert, I could coach F-class.  Not on the match day though.  I want to boost my standing on the next match.  Haven't had many matches and "sharp shooter" ain't cutting it.   Lol

ok, i signed up
you guys can guess what my screen name is

zippz, you forgot to add ear pro to the silly side shoot

zippz

Re: Meetup.com HIGGG
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2016, 12:11:17 PM »
Thanks mak.  Group is now live to the public on www.meetup.com/HawaiiGGG

MuffinMan

Re: Meetup.com HIGGG
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2016, 09:12:47 PM »
ok, i signed up
you guys can guess what my screen name is


Gungho ?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 08:39:42 AM by MuffinMan »

Inspector

Re: Meetup.com HIGGG
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2016, 06:38:24 AM »
Don't I get a prize for signing up? Or is that another website I hang out on?  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

zippz

Re: Meetup.com HIGGG
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2016, 12:33:17 PM »
Don't I get a prize for signing up? Or is that another website I hang out on?  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It's an event website, where events are posted and people hangoug as a group to meet new people.  Not really for hanging out on the website.  I guess you could but it would be lonely.  For this group, it's mainly about getting more participation from non-shooters(especially women and youths) and those that got a gun but don't shoot, mentorship, and get others to try a variety of shooting events.  Most of the events will be in participating in activities put on by other clubs.

I have prizes to give out.  Congratulations you won!  You get to have the title of "event organizer!"

« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 12:43:29 PM by zippz »

zippz

Re: Meetup.com HIGGG
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2016, 12:42:24 PM »
I posted events up.  Simple stuff so far to get new people in.

June 16 - Range 15 Movie in Kapolei (combined with 2ahawaii)
June 18 - HRA Shooting Sports Fair
June 26 - KHSC Silhouette Shoot
July 23 - KHSC Silhouette Shoot
TBD - Long Gun Course for Newbies

Coming up I'll try workout arrangements for a Skeet/Trap day, MPPL 101 course (& maybe a handgun course to prep for that), Puuloa rifle day.  Also maybe see if I can workout a deal for a X-Ring range day.

Inspector

Re: Meetup.com HIGGG
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2016, 12:45:26 PM »
It's an event website, where events are posted and people hangoug as a group to meet new people.  Not really for hanging out on the website.  I guess you could but it would be lonely.  For this group, it's mainly about getting more participation from non-shooters(especially women and youths) and those that got a gun but don't shoot, mentorship, and get others to try a variety of shooting events.  Most of the events will be in participating in activities put on by other clubs.

I have prizes to give out.  Congratulations you won!  You get to have the title of "event organizer!"
Yeah! I'm an Event Organizer! Yeah!

I'm like Obama! Yeah! Wait......

What can I do?
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

Rocky

Re: Meetup.com HIGGG
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2016, 04:05:49 PM »
It's an event website, where events are posted and people hangoug as a group to meet new people.  Not really for hanging out on the website.  I guess you could but it would be lonely.  For this group, it's mainly about getting more participation from non-shooters(especially women and youths) and those that got a gun but don't shoot, mentorship, and get others to try a variety of shooting events.  Most of the events will be in participating in activities put on by other clubs.

I have prizes to give out.  Congratulations you won!  You get to have the title of "event organizer!"

 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

Inspector

Re: Meetup.com HIGGG
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2016, 06:06:35 PM »
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I had an old boss that always told me I am not allowed to have an opinion unless he asks for one or I am volunteering to lead the group. I don't mind being an event organizer. I may not be very good at it since I have never done it before.  :shake: :shake: :shake:

My wife is my social secretary.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

GlockNewb

Re: Meetup.com: Hawaii Guys and Gals with Guns
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2016, 06:56:40 PM »
Joined!
"Fast is slow, slow is smooth, smooth is fast."

zippz

Re: Meetup.com: Hawaii Guys and Gals with Guns
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2016, 12:37:34 AM »
Had a good day at the KHSC Silhouette range yesterday.  We got some good practice in shooting rimfire rifles and pistols, along with macsaks H&Ks.  For some it was their first time firing a rifle and second time firing pistols.  Everyone went home happy.  At the end we shot the Inspectors rimfire challenge (was real windy I swear).  Thanks to macsak and teichi for helping out.



Next month I'll have a pistol prep class on holsters and reloads skills prior to the HDF pistol day for those that haven't done this before.  Also an intro to long guns for beginners who are thinking about buying a long gun or those that never got any training on them.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 01:19:32 AM by zippz »

powder monkey

Re: Meetup.com: Hawaii Guys and Gals with Guns
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2016, 01:13:21 AM »
 :shaka:
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 07:07:47 AM by powder monkey »

zippz

Re: Meetup.com: Hawaii Guys and Gals with Guns
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2016, 01:20:22 AM »
Doh, thought I brought it down.  Thanks.