I Just Don't Know What To Think About This... (Read 3918 times)

Inspector

SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

ren

Re: I Just Don't Know What To Think About This...
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 07:05:58 AM »
they're positioning themselves for price gouging
Deeds Not Words

Inspector

Re: I Just Don't Know What To Think About This...
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 07:07:44 AM »
they're positioning themselves for price gouging
That was my thought. But their public statement and this action is setting themselves up for failure IMHO.

Either way, they fail.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

drck1000

Re: I Just Don't Know What To Think About This...
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 07:31:09 AM »
 :(

I know that Academy is (or at least it was) one of the go-to places for ammo and guns for a number of good friends that live in Texas.  I posted this article in another forum for them. 

I refuse to buy from CTD, so I rarely browse their site.  But if you want to check on potential for price gouging, check there first.   >:(

eyeeatingfish

Re: I Just Don't Know What To Think About This...
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 03:27:29 PM »
I think they are rolling the dice and thinking that not pulling the guns will cost them more financially.

Flapp_Jackson

Re: I Just Don't Know What To Think About This...
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 06:38:14 PM »
I think they are rolling the dice and thinking that not pulling the guns will cost them more financially.

Why do you think that?  Do you think they decided to not sell these military style rifles to the public to avoid lawsuits?  Boycotts?
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

eyeeatingfish

Re: I Just Don't Know What To Think About This...
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2016, 10:00:27 PM »
Why do you think that?  Do you think they decided to not sell these military style rifles to the public to avoid lawsuits?  Boycotts?

Lawsuits no, Boycotts possibly.

Bad publicity can have a big impact on a companies bottom line.

Flapp_Jackson

Re: I Just Don't Know What To Think About This...
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2016, 12:34:34 AM »
Lawsuits no, Boycotts possibly.

Bad publicity can have a big impact on a companies bottom line.

That was a trick question.  And, yes, you failed!  I wanted to see if you even read the article posted before coming up with your opinion.  I guess now we know!

The stores are not pulling the items from their inventory.  The rifles are still being sold in stores.  They are only removing military style rifles (MSRs) from store displays and advertising out of respect and sensitivity to the public's reaction to the Orlando shooting.

The letter image at the bottom of the article even details how the employees are to place trigger locks on the guns while stored and being shown to customers, but removed when the rifle is sold.

Hope that helps your buzz tonight!  :P
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw