MPA MPAR Bolt 556 PISTOL (Read 7099 times)

suka

MPA MPAR Bolt 556 PISTOL
« on: July 06, 2016, 05:43:39 PM »
Can you get these from MPA.

I had email Eric and Brandon from MPA,  but I don't have a FFL in Hawaii.


T.  from (Pittsburgh FFL).




From: Eric Hendricks <eric@masterpiecearms.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2016 2:51 PM
To: ling0821 hotmail.com
Cc: Brandon N
Subject: Re: bolt action pistol
 
Thank you for taking the time to contact us. I do not handle the MPAR side, so I have copied Brandon Newman to this email. He should be able to answer all of your questions.
 
Thank you,
 
Eric Hendricks
MPA BA Customer Service
(706) 783-5091 ext 208
eric@masterpiecearms.com
 

OGC

Re: MPA MPAR Bolt 556 PISTOL
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 07:11:55 PM »
Right now they show two left at $799.

suka

Re: MPA MPAR Bolt 556 PISTOL
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 08:07:06 PM »
Can you get these or is your FFL on file with them?


OGC

Re: MPA MPAR Bolt 556 PISTOL
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 10:23:12 AM »
Can you get these or is your FFL on file with them?

We have to buy them.  But that would be your price, I added $60 to dealer cost for profit.

suka

Re: MPA MPAR Bolt 556 PISTOL
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 11:42:02 AM »
OK order one:


MPAR556-P Gen II Pistol

Black

OGC

Re: MPA MPAR Bolt 556 PISTOL
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 04:37:53 PM »
OK order one:


MPAR556-P Gen II Pistol

Black

Order placed, how do you want to pay for it?  We generally don't do special orders that are not prepaid.
Will you be getting permit in HI or do you need us to ship it to other FFL out of state?
Let me know and I can put cart together for you inc tax if in HI or shipping if out of state.
email me the info and Ill get you setup
staff@ogctactical.com

OGC

Re: MPA MPAR Bolt 556 PISTOL
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2016, 04:41:20 PM »
Order placed, how do you want to pay for it?  We generally don't do special orders that are not prepaid.
Will you be getting permit in HI or do you need us to ship it to other FFL out of state?
Let me know and I can put cart together for you inc tax if in HI or shipping if out of state.
email me the info and Ill get you setup
staff@ogctactical.com

you know this is a semi-auto right?  as such it will qualify as assault pistol in HI...

suka

Re: MPA MPAR Bolt 556 PISTOL
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2016, 10:41:18 PM »
THEY NEED TO CONFIGURE IT INTO THE BOLT ACTION PISTOL AND TURN OFF THE GAS.




The MPAR556-II features an adjustable gas piston system that allows the end user to shut off the gas completely, rendering operation a staight pull back bolt operation by definition.

On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 10:51 AM, Eric Hendricks <eric@masterpiecearms.com> wrote:
Thank you for taking the time to contact us. I do not handle the MPAR side, so I have copied Brandon Newman to this email. He should be able to answer all of your questions.

 

Thank you,

suka

Re: MPA MPAR Bolt 556 PISTOL
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2016, 10:46:24 PM »
Order placed, how do you want to pay for it?  We generally don't do special orders that are not prepaid.
Will you be getting permit in HI or do you need us to ship it to other FFL out of state?
Let me know and I can put cart together for you inc tax if in HI or shipping if out of state.
email me the info and Ill get you setup
staff@ogctactical.com
I CAN DO CASH

OGC

Re: MPA MPAR Bolt 556 PISTOL
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2016, 10:50:50 PM »
There's no configuration, it's an adjustable gas block piston just like the LWRCs.  Multiple positions where one of them is off.  Removing the op rod won't pass muster as being non semi auto, we've been through this one before with HPD, the gun would have to not be readily convertible to semi-auto, like removing the op tod and welding or pinning the gas block closed, something from a liability standpoint we're not prepared to do as a company...

Turning off the gas system is for hunting restriction purposes, not to pass Hawaii restrictions.  I think we both need to take a pass on this one, I'll cancel the order if I can catch it before it ships.

THEY NEED TO CONFIGURE IT INTO THE BOLT ACTION PISTOL AND TURN OFF THE GAS.




The MPAR556-II features an adjustable gas piston system that allows the end user to shut off the gas completely, rendering operation a staight pull back bolt operation by definition.

On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 10:51 AM, Eric Hendricks <eric@masterpiecearms.com> wrote:
Thank you for taking the time to contact us. I do not handle the MPAR side, so I have copied Brandon Newman to this email. He should be able to answer all of your questions.

 

Thank you,

OGC

Re: MPA MPAR Bolt 556 PISTOL
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2016, 10:56:23 PM »
If you find a shop willing to do the mod, let them know bill hicks still has one left for $709 plus $29 shipping dealer cost..

Or if you can convince MPA to permanently mod one, I'll take care of your FFL transfer for free ;)

suka

Re: MPA MPAR Bolt 556 PISTOL
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2016, 08:35:27 AM »
Talked to Brandon at MPA.

He could ship a  semi 16" barreled pistol or 11" bolt action pistol.

OGC

Re: MPA MPAR Bolt 556 PISTOL
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2016, 11:03:03 AM »
Talked to Brandon at MPA.

He could ship a  semi 16" barreled pistol or 11" bolt action pistol.

The long barreled pistol would fail on weight, length, mag not in grip and OAL..
Not prepared to fight using Hawaii definition of pistol is barrel under 16'

I'd do the bolt pistol cuz it's immediately immune as its not semi auto.

If you go to ogctactical.com and fill out the FFL checkout it emails you a download link to our FFL.
This transfer is free.