Kung Fu Movies (Read 15734 times)

drck1000

Kung Fu Movies
« on: July 19, 2016, 11:28:46 AM »
How many of you used to watch Kung Fu Theater when you were younger (or even if you were older  ;D )

I loved those shows and I have many on DVD.  In fact, I've recently been getting back into them.  They have a bunch available on Amazon Prime, but most are in Chinese. . .  :(

A few of my all time favorites:





macsak

Re: Kung Fu Movies
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 11:48:53 AM »
the 36th chamber of shaolin!

Jl808

Re: Kung Fu Movies
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 01:06:46 PM »
Drunken Master


Not super old but....

Hero


Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon







I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Q

Re: Kung Fu Movies
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 01:21:40 PM »
I have too many chop socky movies to list

WTF?Shane

Re: Kung Fu Movies
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 09:17:07 PM »
Yes

All_rice

Re: Kung Fu Movies
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 10:44:57 PM »
5 deadly venoms
Land of the free, because of the Brave!

eyeeatingfish

Re: Kung Fu Movies
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2016, 01:35:26 AM »
Best Kung Fu movie Ever

drck1000

Re: Kung Fu Movies
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2016, 07:07:01 AM »
5 deadly venoms
Crippled Avengers is one of my all-time favorites from that series. 

Inspector

Re: Kung Fu Movies
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2016, 10:48:53 AM »
Did you see this thread Banana Clip started a few years ago?

https://2ahawaii.com/index.php?topic=2581.msg23306#msg23306
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

drck1000

Re: Kung Fu Movies
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2016, 11:28:51 AM »
Did you see this thread Banana Clip started a few years ago?

https://2ahawaii.com/index.php?topic=2581.msg23306#msg23306
No.  Was just looking for something other than politics, race, etc. 

Chinese Hercules and skeletons in the closet.  Sounds like a great topic!   ;D

Inspector

Re: Kung Fu Movies
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2016, 11:49:55 AM »
Chinese Hercules and skeletons in the closet.  Sounds like a great topic!   ;D
I'll tell you something else about the movie Chinese Hercules. The big guy only said one or two lines but did so throughout the entire movie. The best line was something like "Kill 'em and dump 'em". The movie was subtitled though and not voice over. The last time he said his line the subtitle came up "F@ck 'em and dump 'em". It doesn't take much to entertain a couple of drunk off our ass high school teenagers. The rest of the night we would walk to the snack shop and back yelling "F@ck 'em and dump 'em!!!" I am sure we offended plenty of people that night.

And I can't believe how much shit we ate that night. I guess we did more than just drink.  :wacko: I can still remember seeing puddles of grease inside the curled up pieces of pepperoni on that pizza. And I remember thinking how good it was going to taste. Now I think how much it is going to keep me awake all night with heartburn. BTW, the next day it took us over an hour to get all that grease off the inside of his windshield.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Drive-in movies were a blast!!!

P.S. The skeletons are going to stay hidden. Unless I have a couple of beers. Then I might tell you a story or two......
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

stangzilla

Re: Kung Fu Movies
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2016, 12:14:38 PM »
It's not old and not Kung fu. It's may thai..... Ong Bak!
It's badass!

NoScade

Re: Kung Fu Movies
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2016, 12:16:52 PM »
the 36th chamber of shaolin!

Yes Master killer!!!

stangzilla

Re: Kung Fu Movies
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2016, 01:13:09 PM »
or any Tony Jaa movie.  I think this if from the TomYum Goong.
great editing, or lack of editing.  great stunts.  a lot like Jackie Chan movies in the stunt department and very little editing.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 03:58:30 PM by stangzilla »

stangzilla

Re: Kung Fu Movies
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2016, 03:30:19 PM »

Jl808

Re: Kung Fu Movies
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2016, 03:42:09 PM »
or any Tony Jaa movie.  I think this if from the Protector.
great editing, or lack of editing.  great stunts.  a lot like Jackie Chan movies in the stunt department and very little editing.



Wow hope they didn't have to do multiple takes on that one.
I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

stangzilla

Re: Kung Fu Movies
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2016, 03:47:31 PM »
ok, not even martial arts, but looks like a good one!


stangzilla

Re: Kung Fu Movies
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2016, 04:19:21 PM »
remember Golden Harvest theater downtown?


classic line from any Kung Fu movie (golden harvest or shaw bros):
(must use the classic English dubbed voice):  "so, you think you know kung fu, eh?"

eyeeatingfish

Re: Kung Fu Movies
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2016, 12:00:35 AM »
or any Tony Jaa movie.  I think this if from the TomYum Goong.
great editing, or lack of editing.  great stunts.  a lot like Jackie Chan movies in the stunt department and very little editing.



That is impressive. Fight scenes are difficult to choreograph in any length. Something this long must've been extremely difficult.

It is possible that they slipped in some breaks and that it wasn't one continuous shot but still there were long scenes for sure.

GlockNewb

Re: Kung Fu Movies
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2016, 07:53:21 AM »
Jackie Chan is definitely the master of editing fight scene choreo...so many subtle techniques that you do5 notice if they're not there.

"Fast is slow, slow is smooth, smooth is fast."