HRA Annual Meeting Aug 28 (Read 5988 times)

zippz

HRA Annual Meeting Aug 28
« on: August 01, 2016, 05:04:51 PM »
Hawaii Rifle Association is hosting their annual meeting on August 28th at Koko Head Shooting Complex.  Well kinda annual since they haven't had one for a while.  They will provide you with a free lunch (if RSVP by August 1st) and will have competitions throughout the day.  You must be a HRA member to attend.  Signup for memberships and RSVP at www.hawaiirifleassociation.org.

Following is the agenda for the day’s events:

8 a.m.          Set Up and Shooting
9:30 a.m.     Shooting Competition
11:30 a.m.   Lunch (Provided, For Members Only)
12:30 p.m.   Annual Meeting
1:30 p.m.     Shooting Competition
3 p.m.          Take Down and Clean Up
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 10:40:28 AM by zippz »

zippz

Re: HRA Annual Meeting Aug 28
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 10:50:32 PM »
Reminder for tomorrow.

Jl808

Re: HRA Annual Meeting Aug 28
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 11:23:20 AM »
Anyone else at the meeting?
I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

MuffinMan

Re: HRA Annual Meeting Aug 28
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 06:52:45 AM »
Anyone else at the meeting?

Nice to meet you and put a face to the name/handle.

Jl808

Re: HRA Annual Meeting Aug 28
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2016, 07:06:48 AM »
Same here, MuffinMan.

And also thanks for the yummy mochi muffin. I finally got to try it. :)
I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

zippz

Re: HRA Annual Meeting Aug 28
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2016, 07:52:25 AM »
I wasn't able to make it.  Can you give us some cliff notes on what happened there.

Jl808

Re: HRA Annual Meeting Aug 28
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2016, 08:35:26 AM »
Regular fun shoot plus friendly shooting competition in the morning.

As for the annual meeting:

1. Report and thank yous on a successful shooting sports fair.

2. Re-election of officers

3. Legislative report
    - this year was really bad for us Maj Robinson + Espero's rapback, despite lobbying against it.
    - HRA members need to testify ASAP when notified.  We need thousands not hundreds of testimonies.
    - Join HRA or at the very least, vote for pro-2a legislators.
    - Members need to vote AND encourage others to vote for pro-2a legislators
    - Slom was at the meeting. He is under attack this November and needs Hawaii Kai voters to show up.

4. Kevin Mulkern was there showing the plans and getting petitions for the shooting range improvements.

5. DLNR Hunting and Fishing Day in September
I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

stangzilla

Re: HRA Annual Meeting Aug 28
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2016, 09:09:34 AM »
what was the plans for the range improvements?
any plans for longer distance on rifle?

zippz

Re: HRA Annual Meeting Aug 28
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2016, 09:34:32 AM »
what was the plans for the range improvements?
any plans for longer distance on rifle?

We're trying to get a master plan funded for a range design. For Koko Head, I think 200 yards or so is about the max that can be safely done at a reasonable cost.

Got 1,000 signatures for the petition, but we'll need 5,000 maybe more to get anything accomplished.  Problem is people aren't signing it and people aren't stepping up to the plate to help out.

stangzilla

Re: HRA Annual Meeting Aug 28
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2016, 09:57:36 AM »
We're trying to get a master plan funded for a range design. For Koko Head, I think 200 yards or so is about the max that can be safely done at a reasonable cost.

Got 1,000 signatures for the petition, but we'll need 5,000 maybe more to get anything accomplished.  Problem is people aren't signing it and people aren't stepping up to the plate to help out.

I already signed the petition, and HRA member.  I would've came out to the meeting this past weekend but I had a birthday party to go to.
I'd like to do more to help.