Trump isn't exactly winning support from the military right now. (Read 8571 times)

eyeeatingfish

Aside from his comments about Sen. Mccain and that muslim soldier who died in combat, now Trump's missing the draft is being called into question.

Trump said that avoiding STDs while dating was his personal Vietnam. Such sacrifice!
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/donald-trump-avoided-draft-with-a-heel-problem-but-the-details-are-murky/ar-BBv7Sq7?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

Also recently at a Mike Pence rally in Nevada, a military mom was booed for asking Pence about Trump's disrespect of soldiers.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/military-mom-booed-at-mike-pence-rally-in-nevada/ar-BBv7wYc?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

Making fun of liberals isn't going to offend his voter base but the things he is saying about some service members is playing with fire.

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Trump isn't exactly winning support from the military right now.
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 03:02:21 AM »
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

eyeeatingfish

Re: Trump isn't exactly winning support from the military right now.
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 04:46:47 AM »
I don't think we will see that number rise. I think Trump was caught with his foot in his mouth on this issue and refusing to address it is going to hurt him. But that is just my prediction, who knows which way the numbers will go. It is often said that military vote tends to lean strongly towards republicans. I haven't found consistent studies to back that up yet but if true then Trump only getting 54% would seem like bad news for him.

I don't mean this thread as an attack on Trump either, I just think Trump is making some poor strategic decisions right now.

robtmc

Re: Trump isn't exactly winning support from the military right now.
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 08:26:31 AM »
The irony: someone that has never served in the military lectures a candidate and pontificates on his relationship with the military.  :wtf:

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Trump isn't exactly winning support from the military right now.
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 09:37:33 AM »
The irony: someone that has never served in the military lectures a candidate and pontificates on his relationship with the military.  :wtf:

But, he Googled it, and the top 8 answers are always correct!

CNN
ABC
CBS
NBC
MSNBC
Snopes
Media Matters
DailyKOS


The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

drck1000

Re: Trump isn't exactly winning support from the military right now.
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2016, 10:23:42 AM »
They were talking about this on NPR this morning as I was driving, but they aren't exactly known for their neutral slant on things.  I didn't listen to the whole bit as it came on as I got to where I was going, but something about a female Trump supporter brought up the "perceived" Trump disrespect for members of the military.  A Trump spokesperson was countering those perceptions when I shut off the car.  I'll have to see if I can go back and find that bit online.   

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Trump isn't exactly winning support from the military right now.
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2016, 10:58:15 AM »
They were talking about this on NPR this morning as I was driving, but they aren't exactly known for their neutral slant on things.  I didn't listen to the whole bit as it came on as I got to where I was going, but something about a female Trump supporter brought up the "perceived" Trump disrespect for members of the military.  A Trump spokesperson was countering those perceptions when I shut off the car.  I'll have to see if I can go back and find that bit online.   

It would take a YUUUUGE amount of disrespect on Trump's part to offset Hillary's willful mishandling of classified material, the cover ups and lies, the horrible VA issues (she was a Senator, too), and stories of how she treated the military members she came into contact with during the last 40 years.

She gives lip service to the military, but like all good Liberals, the military should only be allowed to kill Socialism's enemies.  The rest of the time they must do humanitarian aid for the countries the UN decides need it.

I've not seen a competent Democrat acting as Commander in Chief since Kennedy.  Plenty of examples under Carter, Clinton and Obama where our military has been misused and the promise to have their backs ignored.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

eyeeatingfish

Re: Trump isn't exactly winning support from the military right now.
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2016, 11:52:28 AM »
The irony: someone that has never served in the military lectures a candidate and pontificates on his relationship with the military.  :wtf:

So non military members cannot say anything about the military? Your logic is foolish anyway other you would never be able to comment on anything outside of your own profession. I have seen you post multiple times in police related threads. Are you a police officer?

Besides, I am not speaking as an offended party.

If you have input based on your own personal experiences feel free to share, otherwise Troll another thread please.

 :stopjack:
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 12:06:00 PM by eyeeatingfish »

macsak

Re: Trump isn't exactly winning support from the military right now.
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2016, 12:12:14 PM »
Are you a police officer?

he doesn't have to answer that if you won't

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Trump isn't exactly winning support from the military right now.
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2016, 12:18:40 PM »
So non military members cannot say anything about the military? Your logic is foolish anyway other you would never be able to comment on anything outside of your own profession. I have seen you post multiple times in police related threads. Are you a police officer?

Besides, I am not speaking as an offended party.

If you have input based on your own personal experiences feel free to share, otherwise Troll another thread please.

 :stopjack:

He never said that, Mr. Strawman.  He said it is ironic that someone with no military experience lectures a CANDIDATE and PONTIFICATES on THAT PERSON'S RELATIONSHIP with the military.

Now, if you really WANT to say ANYTHING ABOUT THE MILITARY, that's a totally different topic.   :stopjack: :stopjack: :stopjack: :stopjack: :stopjack: :stopjack: :stopjack: :stopjack: :stopjack: :stopjack: :stopjack: :stopjack:
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Heavies

Re: Trump isn't exactly winning support from the military right now.
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2016, 01:51:22 PM »
Points made. Keep it cool.

eyeeatingfish

Re: Trump isn't exactly winning support from the military right now.
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2016, 03:05:57 PM »
He never said that, Mr. Strawman.  He said it is ironic that someone with no military experience lectures a CANDIDATE and PONTIFICATES on THAT PERSON'S RELATIONSHIP with the military.

Now, if you really WANT to say ANYTHING ABOUT THE MILITARY, that's a totally different topic.   


I am not lecturing a candidate or pontificating. I am starting a discussion on Trumps comments. Read my original statement again. I didn't go on an anti Trump rant, I reported controversial statements that Trump has made. The only opinion that I gave was that he was making a poor decisions in terms of political strategy.

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Trump isn't exactly winning support from the military right now.
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2016, 04:38:10 PM »

I am not lecturing a candidate or pontificating. I am starting a discussion on Trumps comments. Read my original statement again. I didn't go on an anti Trump rant, I reported controversial statements that Trump has made. The only opinion that I gave was that he was making a poor decisions in terms of political strategy.

No, you are not doing that:

Quote
Aside from his comments about Sen. Mccain and that muslim soldier who died in combat, now Trump's missing the draft is being called into question.

You prefaced the OP with exactly  the opposite of starting a discussion on Trumps comments.

Maybe YOU should read your own OP again.   :crazy:

... and then you got butt hurt because someone implied how ironic it is someone like you (no military service) would make a statement characterizing Trump's support from the military as "isn't exactly winning," particularly when the Military Times has evidence to the contrary.

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

robtmc

Re: Trump isn't exactly winning support from the military right now.
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2016, 07:33:23 PM »
... and then you got butt hurt because someone implied how ironic it is someone like you (no military service) would make a statement characterizing Trump's support from the military as "isn't exactly winning," particularly when the Military Times has evidence to the contrary.
You get it Flapp.....

Contrary to the resident HPD troll's assertion, I have never voiced an opinion on cops' experience., profession, or opinions, only the reason for the OP's presence here and who he works for.

Of course, he continues to obfuscate and evade the direct question, for which we all make the obvious conclusions.  I will continue to poke and prod for the truth from him until it comes out or he goes away.

Everyone here knows by now to take care what they post with him here.

whynow?

Re: Trump isn't exactly winning support from the military right now.
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2016, 08:51:26 PM »
News coming out that Khan is a lawyer who makes $$$ from muslim immigration.  Took down his law firm, site kmkhanlaw.com.   Now he wants out of the limelight since the light is shining at him too.   He probably does mourn his son but he chose to politicize a soldier's death.  As usual there is always more than meets the eye with Clinton backers.  It depends what is, is.   Or if you saw it with your own eyes, you're probably wrong if THEY say so.

eyeeatingfish

Re: Trump isn't exactly winning support from the military right now.
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2016, 07:55:19 AM »
You get it Flapp.....

Contrary to the resident HPD troll's assertion, I have never voiced an opinion on cops' experience., profession, or opinions, only the reason for the OP's presence here and who he works for.

Of course, he continues to obfuscate and evade the direct question, for which we all make the obvious conclusions.  I will continue to poke and prod for the truth from him until it comes out or he goes away.

Everyone here knows by now to take care what they post with him here.

A quick review of your post history shows you posted multiple times in police related threads about police. To be clear, I am not saying you cannot comment about police issues, or any other issues that you don't have personal experience with. Only showing that you post on topics about professions with which you don't have first hand experience, yet you are still able to form valid statements and opinions.

And I have not evaded the question, I plainly stated that I decline to mention my profession. Make whatever conclusions you want, I don't care. But stop derailing the thread.  Otherwise don't troll. If I came out and said I was a cop or was not a cop would change nothing in this discussion. If you have an opinion on Trump's comments, or his political strategy offer then for polite discussion. I would be genuinely interested in what you think about Trumps history of comments related to the military.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 08:06:24 AM by eyeeatingfish »

eyeeatingfish

Re: Trump isn't exactly winning support from the military right now.
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2016, 08:02:23 AM »
No, you are not doing that:

You prefaced the OP with exactly  the opposite of starting a discussion on Trumps comments.

Maybe YOU should read your own OP again.   :crazy:

... and then you got butt hurt because someone implied how ironic it is someone like you (no military service) would make a statement characterizing Trump's support from the military as "isn't exactly winning," particularly when the Military Times has evidence to the contrary.

That is exactly what I was doing. You are straight up lying. Don't be a liar. Your comments are full of red herrings and strawmans. You are disingenuous in the way you characterize my arguments.

I never got "butt hurt," I argued the logic against his comment. One does not need to have served in the military to question whether Trump is making smart statements about the military or veterans. If I had spoken as if I knew what it was like to be a veteran then yes it would be ironic. But I didn't so it isn't. Maybe you need to loo up the definition of ironic.

 :stopcock:
So, if you cannot be cordial, please leave. If you have an opinion one way or another about Trump's comments and the military then offer them. If not then it is obvious you are trolling.

eyeeatingfish

Re: Trump isn't exactly winning support from the military right now.
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2016, 08:15:12 AM »
News coming out that Khan is a lawyer who makes $$$ from muslim immigration.  Took down his law firm, site kmkhanlaw.com.   Now he wants out of the limelight since the light is shining at him too.   He probably does mourn his son but he chose to politicize a soldier's death.  As usual there is always more than meets the eye with Clinton backers.  It depends what is, is.   Or if you saw it with your own eyes, you're probably wrong if THEY say so.

It wouldn't surprise me if there is a shady past but either way, it seems they baited Trump and Trump fell for it big time.

Do you think the parents of Benghazi victims are politicizing their soldiers death when they speak out publicly against Clinton? I can see the Khan family actually having a sincere point against Trump. Sure, his business as an immigration lawyer is a conflict of interest but I can see how the father of a muslim soldier who lost his life fighting for the USA would be offended by Trump's saying immigration should be banned for muslims.

Jl808

Re: Trump isn't exactly winning support from the military right now.
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2016, 11:16:46 AM »
Back to topic. Any more comments about commenting on other professions and I will delete posts.
I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.