Quotes from my kid...... (Read 14178 times)

London808

Quotes from my kid......
« on: August 13, 2016, 05:05:17 PM »
So It amazes me how much my child (currently 7 going on 17) picks up from me when were doing stuff together and when im teaching her how life really is, (you have to un-program all that progressive bullshit they learn at school) So here are a couple of quotes from her and im sure there will be more to follow,

My wifes auntie was at the house and notices im carrying a gun on my belt, She asks why, Being the smart as that i am i say "Ninjas". She tells me i should not do it its dangerous. At which point my 7 yearold looks up from her ipad and chimes in, No its not Guns arent dangerous People are dangerous. and then goes back to watching Netflixs.   

When at the store Buying tooth brushes she comes back with 2 for her, My wife asks her which one shes choosing, She tells my wife "both because two is one and one is none".

My wife finds one of those pre-made tuna and crackers boxes in my daughters backpack and takes it out, My daughter sees her and tells her " No i need that im saving it just in case" When my wife asked her in case what she tells my wife " Stuff happens". We live 3 blocks from my daughters school.

When walking on the house roof to pick mangoes with me, I ask her what she should do if she starts to slip (I wanted her to say drop everything and hold on) Her answer was " Dont tell mom"

One of my friends was over my house and i was teaching her basic firearms safety (she has never shot before) before we go to the range, So im running her through it in my living room when my daughter comes into the room and say " Hey finger of the trigger"

Thanks for reading, I will share more as they happen.

"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

Eric808

Re: Quotes from my kid......
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 08:11:50 AM »
 :worship: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :shake: :shake: :shake:

oldfart

Re: Quotes from my kid......
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 08:49:43 AM »
That is the most awesome post I've read in a long time.
What, Me Worry?

London808

Re: Quotes from my kid......
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 08:55:11 AM »
Explaining to my daughter about what to do if asked about guns at school ( for you parents out there know that your kids school ask questions about if there parents own guns and if they know where they are).
Now my daughter knows to answer this type of question with I dont know and that she should tell me or mom as soon as she gets home from school, but its always nice to re-enforce this every few months, repetition is the key to learning.  So anyway I asked her why we have guns in the house and her answer was classic, "In case of bad people" so I asked her why and her explanation is "Because bad people cant run faster then a bullet".
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

London808

Re: Quotes from my kid......
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2016, 08:59:53 AM »
That is the most awesome post I've read in a long time.

Shes amazing, she says some of the most profound things i have ever heard. Its crazy how much stuff she picks up from me (my wife is not one of us) without realizing it. Its also hard trying to teach her stuff becasue of how the school system is, I can only imagine what would happen if she went to school and says something like. Me and Daddy were on the roof picking mangoes or Daddy paid me money to load his ammo and such. Im sure with how liberal Hawaiis school system is we would get a visit from CPS.
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

London808

Re: Quotes from my kid......
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2016, 09:01:50 AM »
That roof she is on is the equivalent of being 3 stroies up, Not a drop of fear in her.

"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

Eric808

Re: Quotes from my kid......
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2016, 10:35:30 AM »
(Big) Daddy's little girl (Hit Girl, KickAss reference).
I agree with OldFart, these are awesome quotes.  Keep them coming.  They bring a smile and that warm feeling inside.

PeaShooter

Re: Quotes from my kid......
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2016, 11:17:39 AM »
Wish there were a way to keep all that political crap from being "taught" at schools...especially public schools where we are supposed to have freedom of speech and thought.

By the way is that a mango tree? EDIT: Nevermind, read topic post again, it is. But hey, while on the subject, if I start to slip down the roof, is dropping down always the way to go? I'm usually the fruit-picker of my household but no one ever taught me anything and I wouldn't say I'm particularly good at it. I pick mangoes and avocados. We also have a huge breadfruit tree but we don't pick or eat it.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 11:28:45 AM by PeaShooter »

London808

Re: Quotes from my kid......
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2016, 01:23:07 PM »
Wish there were a way to keep all that political crap from being "taught" at schools...especially public schools where we are supposed to have freedom of speech and thought.

By the way is that a mango tree? EDIT: Nevermind, read topic post again, it is. But hey, while on the subject, if I start to slip down the roof, is dropping down always the way to go? I'm usually the fruit-picker of my household but no one ever taught me anything and I wouldn't say I'm particularly good at it. I pick mangoes and avocados. We also have a huge breadfruit tree but we don't pick or eat it.

Its a metal tile roof, By laying down on it it creates more surface area, increasing friction hopefully stopping her from falling. The most she would fall from where shes allowe dis about 8ft onto the patio below, I wont let her on the main roof yet (the sloped part behind her in the photo) becasue its a 20 ft drop straight down.

Its not even political crap they are teaching its socialism, Every one gets a trophy, every one is equal bullshit.
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

eyeeatingfish

Re: Quotes from my kid......
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2016, 02:38:09 PM »
Wish there were a way to keep all that political crap from being "taught" at schools...especially public schools where we are supposed to have freedom of speech and thought.

By the way is that a mango tree? EDIT: Nevermind, read topic post again, it is. But hey, while on the subject, if I start to slip down the roof, is dropping down always the way to go? I'm usually the fruit-picker of my household but no one ever taught me anything and I wouldn't say I'm particularly good at it. I pick mangoes and avocados. We also have a huge breadfruit tree but we don't pick or eat it.

I fully intend to give my children the knowledge to stand up and say something if the teacher tries to politicize them.

London808

Re: Quotes from my kid......
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2016, 04:56:58 PM »
I fully intend to give my children the knowledge to stand up and say something if the teacher tries to politicize them.

Then your kid will get suspended or expelled, Get ready to home school.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 06:34:02 PM by London808 »
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

Ryno

Re: Quotes from my kid......
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2016, 05:55:12 PM »
Wish there were a way to keep all that political crap from being "taught" at schools...especially public schools where we are supposed to have freedom of speech and thought.

By the way is that a mango tree? EDIT: Nevermind, read topic post again, it is. But hey, while on the subject, if I start to slip down the roof, is dropping down always the way to go? I'm usually the fruit-picker of my household but no one ever taught me anything and I wouldn't say I'm particularly good at it. I pick mangoes and avocados. We also have a huge breadfruit tree but we don't pick or eat it.
Whoa! You need some help picking up those breadfruit off your tree? Breadfruit is ono! aloha

London808

Re: Quotes from my kid......
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2016, 06:34:30 PM »
Whoa! You need some help picking up those breadfruit off your tree? Breadfruit is ono! aloha

I've never tried it
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

PeaShooter

Re: Quotes from my kid......
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2016, 09:07:03 PM »
Home school is fine but when you get expelled from college for disagreeing with your professors' beliefs, there's no alternative plus you waste all your tuition. That should be against the law but courts are siding with the schools.

I've always intended to try breadfruit but every time someone prepares some for me, I'm not hungry. We have lots of people coming by every year who want to pick breadfruit. We had bad experiences so aren't too fond of letting people pick. But people kept coming to steal, so now we let a few people pick for $1 or $1.50 a breadfruit. I think our tree makes over 300 breadfruits every year.

Garuda

Re: Quotes from my kid......
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2016, 08:42:33 PM »
 :worship: bravo sir.

This kind of stuff lifts my spirits.

I hope I can instill the same in my children. 

London808

Re: Quotes from my kid......
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2016, 08:51:45 PM »
Yesterday we got 18 Quail eggs, took 7 to my daughters school along with an incubator (last year we did ducks, the year before chickens) Set it up in the class and explain to the kids that in 16-18 days they will hatch and we can see the chicks and watch them grow. the teacher asks what are you going to do with so many quails. Before i even have a chance to answer my kid says " Keep the females for eggs" and of course the teacher says " What about the males to which my daughters respond is "Keep them till their big and then eat them, if they dont lay eggs their a drain on resources".

The teacher was kind of shocked but they all know how i am and that im trying to teach my kid whats right. When we had the pig at my house (its name was bacon bits) My daughter was the first one to eat it. She literary stood by the fire waiting to get the first try. She knows that when our ducks and chickens slow down laying eggs we will eat them to and get younger ones that will lay for us.

"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

oldfart

Re: Quotes from my kid......
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2016, 09:35:42 PM »
Awesome :worship:
What, Me Worry?

Eric808

Re: Quotes from my kid......
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2016, 02:21:27 PM »
 :worship:  Awesome, keep'um coming.  I look for these everyday.

eyeeatingfish

Re: Quotes from my kid......
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2016, 03:09:42 PM »
Then your kid will get suspended or expelled, Get ready to home school.

We'll see. Could always do it in more subtle ways. When they have current event reports they can report on articles where people with guns stop bad guys. Thats what I did in high school. Unfortunately I wasn't as well informed back then to defend my position very well.

PeaShooter

Re: Quotes from my kid......
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2016, 04:40:45 PM »
haha bacon bits!

how big is your yard that you can raise animals for food?