hawaii ranks 48th in freedom ( and 50th in gun rights) (Read 10777 times)

macsak

Flapp_Jackson

Re: hawaii ranks 48th in freedom ( and 50th in gun rights)
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 07:40:18 PM »
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

mrgaf

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

ren

Re: hawaii ranks 48th in freedom ( and 50th in gun rights)
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 10:05:25 PM »
that's what happens when less than a 1/3 of its population votes
the population's message is that govt. can do whateva dey like!
Deeds Not Words

Garuda

Re: hawaii ranks 48th in freedom ( and 50th in gun rights)
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 06:46:57 AM »
that's what happens when less than a 1/3 of its population votes
the population's message is that govt. can do whateva dey like!

That, and the fact that most people don't know their rights are being trampled and they don't give a rip.

Garuda

Re: hawaii ranks 48th in freedom ( and 50th in gun rights)
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 06:51:00 AM »
Thanks for sharing Mac.  I was wondering when this site would be updated. Good to know that some of the western states are up there, especially Idaho and Wyoming. Washington and Oregon would still be a major improvement relative to here. 

Which states will outdo each other when it comes to going full retard? :rofl:

Big All

  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 112
  • Total likes: 16
  • Liberalism is a Mental Disorder!
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: hawaii ranks 48th in freedom ( and 50th in gun rights)
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 06:57:54 AM »
I hate Hillary.

ren

Re: hawaii ranks 48th in freedom ( and 50th in gun rights)
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2016, 08:02:56 AM »
That, and the fact that most people don't know their rights are being trampled and they don't give a rip.

Granted that we rely on govt. subsidies, I guess that people are OK with their rights being limited as long as govt. keeps them fed.

gnom gnom
Deeds Not Words

RSN172

Re: hawaii ranks 48th in freedom ( and 50th in gun rights)
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2016, 09:31:42 PM »
And ignorant people say, "Lucky you live Hawaii."
Happily living in Puna

Jl808

Re: hawaii ranks 48th in freedom ( and 50th in gun rights)
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2016, 09:05:42 AM »
And ignorant people say, "Lucky you live Hawaii."

Call me ignorant, then.   :thumbsup:

I've lived in other places and even with all it's warts and all, I do feel lucky to be living in Hawaii.... kinda.   :-[
I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

FBI

Re: hawaii ranks 48th in freedom ( and 50th in gun rights)
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2016, 12:33:34 PM »
Call me ignorant, then.   :thumbsup:

I've lived in other places and even with all it's warts and all, I do feel lucky to be living in Hawaii.... kinda.   :-[

I have a rule,
Never live more than 50 miles from an ocean.
This is due to a winter spent working the flight line
in North Dakota.
Hawaii was not my choice, I wanted to go to Alaska,
but Wife said otherwise.
Hawaii is ruled by Tyrants.
Japanese, Chinese, and Filipinos don't have any concept
of personal rights.   I was raised to oppose government,
you guys were raised to worship government.
That is why you hate Haoles.  We are free.
you are slaves.
I love the land of Hawaii, but despise the people,
I have to live with.

aieahound

Re: hawaii ranks 48th in freedom ( and 50th in gun rights)
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2016, 01:03:00 PM »
Sounds like you're not free.

You just chose a different tyrant. ( Your Wife.   :rofl: )

eyeeatingfish

Re: hawaii ranks 48th in freedom ( and 50th in gun rights)
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2016, 04:25:58 PM »
I wonder how accurate this is. For example travel freedom we were ranked 50th. They said this included things like seat belt laws and helmet laws, but we don't even have helmet laws for motorcycles and bikes for adults. Seems a little political but they do have valid points.

Garuda

Re: hawaii ranks 48th in freedom ( and 50th in gun rights)
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2016, 08:27:59 PM »
I have a rule,
Never live more than 50 miles from an ocean.
This is due to a winter spent working the flight line
in North Dakota.
Hawaii was not my choice, I wanted to go to Alaska,
but Wife said otherwise.
Hawaii is ruled by Tyrants.
Japanese, Chinese, and Filipinos don't have any concept
of personal rights.   I was raised to oppose government,
you guys were raised to worship government.
That is why you hate Haoles.  We are free.
you are slaves.
I love the land of Hawaii, but despise the people,
I have to live with.



Sounds like you're not free.

You just chose a different tyrant. ( Your Wife.   :rofl: )

So much truth in the first quote.... And so much truth in the second quote.  LMFAO

Jl808

hawaii ranks 48th in freedom ( and 50th in gun rights)
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2016, 09:44:45 PM »
Japanese, Chinese, and Filipinos don't have any concept
of personal rights.   I was raised to oppose government,
you guys were raised to worship government.
Interesting statement. There's truth in this.

That is why you hate Haoles.  We are free.
you are slaves.

On the contrary, I am grateful to haoles. And to other non-haoles, too.

I love the land of Hawaii, but despise the people, I have to live with.

That is a tough attitude to live by, FBI. 

An old saying by a Haole poet: "No man is an island."  We all grow old and frail one day and need people.  It is a responsibility of the current generation to raise / train the next one to become strong and upright.
I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

FBI

Re: hawaii ranks 48th in freedom ( and 50th in gun rights)
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2016, 09:05:27 AM »
Sounds like you're not free.

You just chose a different tyrant. ( Your Wife.   :rofl: )
It is really different. than that.
When I change jobs, we alternate who chooses of where to go.
I choose the next location.

aieahound

Re: hawaii ranks 48th in freedom ( and 50th in gun rights)
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2016, 09:11:47 AM »
I was just kiddin' around FBI.
Enjoy your time in Hawaii.

I don't know how Hawaii would rank 50th in gun rights.
We should be at least 48th, ahead of Commiefornia and Massachusetts, and probably even New York.

Heavies

Re: hawaii ranks 48th in freedom ( and 50th in gun rights)
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2016, 06:24:20 PM »
I was just kiddin' around FBI.
Enjoy your time in Hawaii.

I don't know how Hawaii would rank 50th in gun rights.
We should be at least 48th, ahead of Commiefornia and Massachusetts, and probably even New York.

I think it would be that Hawaii the ONLY state the issue exactly ZERO CCW permits to it's law abiding subjectscitizens.

Big All

  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 112
  • Total likes: 16
  • Liberalism is a Mental Disorder!
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: hawaii ranks 48th in freedom ( and 50th in gun rights)
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2016, 06:12:38 AM »
I love the land of Hawaii, but despise the people,
I have to live with.
I agree pretty much with the previous part of your statement. But I am sorry you feel this way about the people you "have to live with". I LOVE the people I have to live with. Yes, some are not so easy to live with. But for the most part I love the people who live here. Nicest, kindest, sweetest, naive and mis-guided at times, but wonderful people. I wouldn't want to live any where else.
I hate Hillary.

Garuda

Re: hawaii ranks 48th in freedom ( and 50th in gun rights)
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2016, 11:04:03 AM »
I agree pretty much with the previous part of your statement. But I am sorry you feel this way about the people you "have to live with". I LOVE the people I have to live with. Yes, some are not so easy to live with. But for the most part I love the people who live here. Nicest, kindest, sweetest, naive and mis-guided at times, but wonderful people. I wouldn't want to live any where else.

Aloha is alive in well in other states in the US. I was pleasantly taken aback by how welcoming and helpful people are in OR.  I was in Portland and cannon beach area. I'd say there was more aloha there than here.