Linked Events

  • National Hunting and Fishing Day: September 17, 2016 - September 18, 2016

DLNR Hunting and Fishing Day Sep 17-18, 2016 (Read 4020 times)

zippz

DLNR Hunting and Fishing Day Sep 17-18, 2016
« on: September 09, 2016, 11:55:49 AM »

« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 01:39:42 PM by 2aHawaii »

oldfart

Re: DLNR Hunting and Fishing Day Sep 17-18, 2016
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 11:47:29 PM »
Will be there Sunday with either HHAA or LIFE.
What, Me Worry?

zippz

Re: DLNR Hunting and Fishing Day Sep 17-18, 2016
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 09:30:34 AM »
Me and my Aussie friend shot the blunderbuss with help from the Hawaii Historic Arms Assoc.  Something I always wanted to do and it was very cool.  Though I wouldn't want to get one because it's too much work to load :D.


Rocky

Re: DLNR Hunting and Fishing Day Sep 17-18, 2016
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 09:44:56 AM »
   3 years ago, saw food truck almost full. ;)
Last year, half full. :(
This year could still see the inside  back of truck. :'(
 
   Darn shame the local news channels did not cover or promote prior this event  (again) .
Wonder what they have against feeding the hungry ?  :wacko:
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

zippz

Re: DLNR Hunting and Fishing Day Sep 17-18, 2016
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2016, 09:49:21 AM »
This was my first time at this event, and I thought it looked a bit empty compared to the HRA shooting sports fair when I went on Sunday morning.  Someone told me it picked up later in the afternoon.

The problem was marketing.  I heard off hand when the event was going to be, but I couldn't find any flyers (even on the DLNR website) on it until a week before.  They should've had the flyers posted everywhere a month or two before the event.

oldfart

Re: DLNR Hunting and Fishing Day Sep 17-18, 2016
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2016, 10:09:17 AM »
This was my first time at this event, and I thought it looked a bit empty compared to the HRA shooting sports fair when I went on Sunday morning.  Someone told me it picked up later in the afternoon.

The problem was marketing.  I heard off hand when the event was going to be, but I couldn't find any flyers (even on the DLNR website) on it until a week before.  They should've had the flyers posted everywhere a month or two before the event.
...
It's the politics of a state-run agency. :(
What, Me Worry?