What would you pay ??? (Read 9652 times)

London808

What would you pay ???
« on: September 10, 2016, 07:23:30 PM »
What would you be willing to pay for a share in a shooting range, say an out door 50yd dirt burn range.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 08:14:47 PM by London808 »
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

dustoff003

Re: What would you pay ???
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 07:42:18 PM »
$XXXX.XX


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heavies

Re: What would you pay ???
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2016, 08:00:15 PM »
What kind of investment we looking at...  ;) 

I would if the price was within in my reach.

WTF?Shane

Re: What would you pay ???
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2016, 09:06:40 PM »
Tree fiddy

eyeeatingfish

Re: What would you pay ???
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2016, 09:22:12 PM »
Depends on the location.

zippz

Re: What would you pay ???
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2016, 06:03:06 PM »
I can help with the range requirements if needed, I've researched range design.

If it's leased land, you have to consider environmental and cleanup factors when the range is closed.  Lead cleanup is going to be expensive and you don't want to be stuck with the bill.

whynow?

Re: What would you pay ???
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2016, 09:32:32 PM »
If reasonable with a big shared base than yeah.  Probably the insurance would be a killer.

omnigun

Re: What would you pay ???
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2016, 10:18:49 AM »
XXX.XX sorta broke atm.  Also depends on location. Best case would be central. Also on the rules. If there are mag limits and anti rapid shooting.

Heavies

Re: What would you pay ???
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2016, 12:27:19 PM »
What would the legalities look like? I am intrigued.

eyeeatingfish

Re: What would you pay ???
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2016, 01:07:26 PM »
There is a guy in Kahaluu or Kaaawa area somewhere who built his own private back yard range. If I can find the article it might have his name and you could contact him to ask about how he went about it, legality wise.

zippz

Re: What would you pay ???
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2016, 02:04:25 PM »
I would need more details to come up with a price.  How many years do we have the range for?  What is the availability?  Are we going to just be members or co-owners?

If it was available 7 days a week (or close) and within a 30 minute drive, there would be a premium over a membership for an indoor range since you can do more and shoot your own ammo.  I'm guessing at most $650 per year.  For lifetime use, about $10,000.  Mine the copper and lead and recycle the brass to pay for the range upkeep.  I'd pay a bit more if I can use it to teach classes.

Don't put me down though as I don't have the money now.

oldfart

Re: What would you pay ???
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2016, 04:39:19 PM »
I was ready to drop around 1g per year for the xring range, but I can't do anything useful there.
I live really close to xring so it would be worth it.
What, Me Worry?

Heavies

Re: What would you pay ???
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2016, 04:41:07 PM »
I was ready to drop around 1g per year for the xring range, but I can't do anything useful there.
I live really close to xring so it would be worth it.
+1 on that

London808

Re: What would you pay ???
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2016, 05:37:16 PM »
Right now im looking into legality, As with anything remotly fun, People pass stupid laws to stop it. Basically im looking at purchasing some land to use as a private range, Finding it cheap enough in the right area is the hardest part. But then their is also the legal issues of shooting on your own property. Why their is no laws forbiding it their is regaring ranges. But im not sure if those apply only to commercial ranges or if they apply to private ranges.

my idea was this. Find a piece of land that would be suitable safe to build a dirt berm range on. Get together as a group, form a non profit club. Buy the land and use it for members only (getting around the public shooting range laws.) Have a buy in + minimal annual fee (to cover insurance and property tax). You can shoot whenever you want, Invite 1-2 guests to shoot. (their would be a fee to cover additional insurance ect....).

The biggest hurdle right now is legality or a private range.
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

bass monkey

Re: What would you pay ???
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2016, 05:54:06 PM »
Keep us all up to date on this.  I'm extremely interested in the process on something like this, because this has been a dream of mines as will

zippz

Re: What would you pay ???
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2016, 06:20:11 PM »
Sounds like a good plan.  I never got into the laws and zoning for ranges, but I'd assume it's easier if you own your own land.  I guess it's going to be a non-profit organization so not sure how zoning affects that.  Laws you would be concerned with is noise and keeping the bullets on the range and environmental.

I have a NRA range source book if you want to borrow.

All_rice

Re: What would you pay ???
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2016, 07:23:15 PM »
There is a guy in Kahaluu or Kaaawa area somewhere who built his own private back yard range. If I can find the article it might have his name and you could contact him to ask about how he went about it, legality wise.

IIRC he could legally shoot on his land because of the way the land is zoned.  HPD was called numerous times by the neighbors, but nothing could be done.  The owner even let the Hawaii Army National Guard shoot there.  After all the news attention, he hasn't been so open with the range.

Also doesn't Butch Helemano use private land to conduct his courses out on the north shore? May wanna contact him.

I'd pay a premium to be a part of this, and I know others that would also.
Land of the free, because of the Brave!

armsinc

Re: What would you pay ???
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2016, 07:26:08 PM »
ArmsInc Hawaii

armsinc

Re: What would you pay ???
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2016, 07:26:58 PM »
I was ready to drop around 1g per year for the xring range, but I can't do anything useful there.
I live really close to xring so it would be worth it.
+2
ArmsInc Hawaii

armsinc

Re: What would you pay ???
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2016, 07:27:34 PM »
I am interested let us know.
ArmsInc Hawaii