Weekends - how early to get a spot at silhouette and rifle (Read 3089 times)

tim808

Weekends - how early to get a spot at silhouette and rifle
« on: January 03, 2017, 12:24:25 PM »
At what time should I get to silhouette to get a table spot on sat/sun?

Similar time if going to the rifle range?

Planning to bring my kids to the silhouette range

zippz

Re: Weekends - how early to get a spot at silhouette and rifle
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 12:42:41 PM »
Afternoon's are slower than mornings for both.  It's also a little better when there is a big football game on TV.

stangzilla

Re: Weekends - how early to get a spot at silhouette and rifle
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 12:47:29 PM »
lately silhouette side isn't that crowded, but since they've been closed last couple weeks it might be more crowded than usual this week.
I just checked my crystal ball, and that's what it said.  :shaka:

tim808

Re: Weekends - how early to get a spot at silhouette and rifle
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 01:03:46 PM »
I was thinking of getting there at 6:00 am to get 2 adjacent spots

I was planning to bring my animal shaped gongs to put them at 50 yards

I thought my dawn patrol days were behind me........

stangzilla

Re: Weekends - how early to get a spot at silhouette and rifle
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 01:54:25 PM »
0600 is pretty early

zippz

Re: Weekends - how early to get a spot at silhouette and rifle
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 02:17:02 PM »
7:30 is early enough for the silhouette range.

tim808

Re: Weekends - how early to get a spot at silhouette and rifle
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 04:30:09 PM »
Thanks!!

When I used to help at the hra funshoots it seemed like silhouette would start filling up early

I assumed it was retirees getting there early to drink coffee and talk story....I didn't know it was because of the crowd

stangzilla

Re: Weekends - how early to get a spot at silhouette and rifle
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2017, 04:49:42 PM »
i'll probably be there Saturday morning early  :shaka:

tim808

Re: Weekends - how early to get a spot at silhouette and rifle
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2017, 05:42:08 PM »
Shucks....I generally work Saturdays.  I probably will go on Sunday if my daughter isn't working