Anyone into BPCR single shot rifles? (Read 2952 times)

rfd

Anyone into BPCR single shot rifles?
« on: January 14, 2017, 08:30:26 AM »
Besides my love of flintlock muzzleloading long rifles, I also have a passion for those BPCR rifles of the late 19th century - Remington rolling blocks and Sharps falling blocks.  I've had MANY of each flavor, all in the .45-70 cartridge that I load for both lubed and paper patched bullets, all loaded with Swiss 1-1/2F black powder and my cast bullets.












Molon Labe ~ NRA Life Member ~ NRA RSO ~ TMA

mrgaf

Re: Anyone into BPCR single shot rifles?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 01:43:11 PM »
Besides my love of flintlock muzzleloading long rifles, I also have a passion for those BPCR rifles of the late 19th century - Remington rolling blocks and Sharps falling blocks.  I've had MANY of each flavor, all in the .45-70 cartridge that I load for both lubed and paper patched bullets, all loaded with Swiss 1-1/2F black powder and my cast bullets.












Used to be into BPCR. Had a Quigley Sharps From Cherry's in 45-110. Definitely demanded attention when I lit er off. Used to load my own... 450gr pill,110gr 2ff BP Goex, paper patch, large Fed match primer. Wished I still had it... loads of fun! :shaka:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

oldfart

Re: Anyone into BPCR single shot rifles?
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 02:33:02 PM »
Wow
What, Me Worry?

Inspector

Re: Anyone into BPCR single shot rifles?
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 06:34:58 PM »
I love rolling blocks, high walls, low walls and any falling block single shot including modern guns. The Ruger Number 1 comes to mind. But unfortunately, they are a little too high priced for me. But most of my friends own quite a few different models of rolling blocks and falling blocks and I get to shoot their guns so I at least get the experience without the price of admission.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!