I wonder if that sword was registered and if he is in rapback... (Read 2401 times)

ren

Deeds Not Words

changemyoil66

Re: I wonder if that sword was registered and if he is in rapback...
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 09:38:37 PM »
Swords are not illegal, more of an add on charge if used in a crime. "Or other deadly weapon".



Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

punaperson

Re: I wonder if that sword was registered and if he is in rapback...
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 07:24:05 AM »
Swords are not illegal
Try walking around downtown with one for a couple of hours, or walk into the police department or a federal building to confirm your hypothesis...

changemyoil66

Re: I wonder if that sword was registered and if he is in rapback...
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 08:57:20 AM »
Try walking around downtown with one for a couple of hours, or walk into the police department or a federal building to confirm your hypothesis...

Not illegal, but a lot of cops don't know that and might arrest me.  There is an "urban ninja" guy who walks down one of our busy streets daily with a Samurai sword on his back and no cops stop him.  He's been doing that for years.

I've spoken to many cops over the years and majority said if you carry a knife, the blade has to be under 2.5 inches.  Not true, no where in the HRS does it state length about knifes.  All it states is butterfly, swtichblade, or other inertia operated knife.   

Would I carry a sword just to prove a point...no.  But I do carry a knife and have an email from askHPD saying there is no law about knife length.