Dr Seuss, Firearms Enthusiast (Read 5900 times)

Tom_G

Dr Seuss, Firearms Enthusiast
« on: February 18, 2017, 06:27:22 PM »
The rules are most simple. A group such as this
Should have little problem in completing the mish.
A couple of couplets, a short page at most
A continuing thread that runs post to post.
Remember, be brief! You're not writing a book,
Just a piece of the puzzle. How long? We'll soon look!
But if Ted were a shooter, just what sort of prose
Might he have written between long-range lead throws?
By way of example, if I don't offend,
I'll offer two stanzas that I have just penned.

F is for firearm,
Kept shiny and clean.
Ten holes through the x-ring
Are certainly keen.

Cover your ears,
And respect the loud BOOM!
Lest you find yourself deaf
'Ere you enter the tomb.
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

Rocky

Re: Dr Seuss, Firearms Enthusiast
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 09:51:51 AM »
The rules are most simple. A group such as this
Should have little problem in completing the mish.
A couple of couplets, a short page at most
A continuing thread that runs post to post.
Remember, be brief! You're not writing a book,
Just a piece of the puzzle. How long? We'll soon look!
But if Ted were a shooter, just what sort of prose
Might he have written between long-range lead throws?
By way of example, if I don't offend,
I'll offer two stanzas that I have just penned.

F is for firearm,
Kept shiny and clean.
Ten holes through the x-ring
Are certainly keen.

Cover your ears,
And respect the loud BOOM!
Lest you find yourself deaf
'Ere you enter the tomb.
wrap your hands 'round
 the polymer grip
you've stippled it nicely
so  your fingers  won't slip

Firearm raised,
right up to your face
you focus on front sight
till in the right place


“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

Heavies

Re: Dr Seuss, Firearms Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 11:50:01 AM »
wrap your hands 'round
 the polymer grip
you've stippled it nicely
so  your fingers  won't slip

Firearm raised,
right up to your face
you focus on front sight
till in the right place



Polymer grip? Maybe for those who are hip.
Wood and steel, that's how I feel!

I do own a few, an' I know they shoot true.
Oil rubbed and waxed, and barrels are blue.

passivekinetic

Re: Dr Seuss, Firearms Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 12:30:47 PM »
Only point where you shoot
And don't point at your foot

All guns are loaded
Even if you think they're unloaded

Keep your finger off the trigger
Unless the bad guy is near

Then before it goes boom
He might just run out the room

(Excerpted from the out of print Dr. Seuss book "Locks, Clocks and Glocks")
"The sheep fear sheepdogs, because they fail to see the wolves."
- Anonymous

Rocky

Re: Dr Seuss, Firearms Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 01:41:03 PM »
  :love:
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

Rocky

Re: Dr Seuss, Firearms Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 01:41:56 PM »
Polymer grip? Maybe for those who are hip.
Wood and steel, that's how I feel!

I do own a few, an' I know they shoot true.
Oil rubbed and waxed, and barrels are blue.
No matter the make,no matter the model
wood, steel or polymer, whatever  you coddle.


Be sure of your target and what is behind it.
if the bullet goes thru someone might mind it
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

aieahound

Re: Dr Seuss, Firearms Enthusiast
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 02:19:11 PM »
Shooting offhand, without a rest,
Angle of pie plate is my very best.

But I don't mind, I still have a blast
And know on to my daughter, this enjoyment was passed.

London808

Re: Dr Seuss, Firearms Enthusiast
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2017, 05:01:34 PM »
Beans, beans, good for ya heart
The more ya eat the more ya fart
The more ya fart the more ya eat
The more ya sit on the toilet seat!
I LIKE GUNS
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

Jl808

Re: Dr Seuss, Firearms Enthusiast
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2017, 07:57:42 PM »
One gun
Two gun
Red gun
Blue gun

Black gun
Blue gun
Old gun
New gun

This one has a little star
This one has a little car
Say!  What a lot
of guns there are!

Yes, some are red.  Some are blue.
Some are old. And some are new

Some are sad
And some are glad.
And some are very, very bad.

Why are they
sad, and glad and bad?
I do not know.
Go ask your dad.

One, two, three, four
Five, six, seven
Eight, nine, ten,
KK has eleven!

Eleven!
This is something new
I wish I had
Eleven too!

I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

whynow?

Re: Dr Seuss, Firearms Enthusiast
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2017, 09:39:50 PM »
Safety first, as they say,
So a AD won't ruin your day.
Keep that finger off the trigger and muzzle directed in a safe place,
To keep the RSO outta your face.
Eyes and ears, don't ask why,
So in the end, you're not THAT GUY.

Not a poet as you can see which is why I don't eat green eggs and ham, and drink tea.

stangzilla

Re: Dr Seuss, Firearms Enthusiast
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2017, 06:52:38 AM »
the cat in the hat says revolvers are best
once you shoot one you'll forget all the rest
either single or double action doesn't matter to me
cops and cowboys use them the appeal is easy to see
no 9mm polymer pistol for this guy
if you don't know the answer don't ask me why
if you have a bunch of rats in the hats bothering you
get yourself a revolver chambered in .22
either starts with a 4 or ends in a magnum is what I shoot
finger off the trigger or you might blast your steel toe boot
LSWC is what I reload
when its in .44mag I go into Dirty Harry mode
for breakfast green eggs and ham is not what I eat
breakfast of champions is 240 grains LSWC that can't be beat
remember shoot safely and always have fun
and always practice the basic safety rules and you'll never accidently shoot anyone.   

TooFewPews

Re: Dr Seuss, Firearms Enthusiast
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2017, 08:13:31 AM »
We’re all here,
For the very same thing:
To punch holes in paper
And to make gongs ring

We all started the same
With maybe one or two
But now we all crave
To buy our next pew

Some like them short
Some like them tall
But the ones that go bang
Are the favorites of All

Some dress them up pretty
and make them Tacticool
But we all know
The pew is just a tool

A tool with a purpose
And for the task at hand
To put food on the table
Or defend your fellow man

Or to give you a giggle
Or to help you compete
When dynamically shooting
Or for trap, clays, or skeet

Or to make tiny groups
On paper from afar
Or that carnival game
Where you shoot out the star

But not everyone laughs
And not everyone has fun
Those silly people
Are afraid of the gun

They try to control
And take them away
“Pews do bad things!”
As they constantly say

But pews by themselves
Aren’t really that bad
They’re only a problem
When the shooter is mad

Sorry for the rant
I don’t mean to digress
And the politics aside
Pews are still the best!

Tom_G

Re: Dr Seuss, Firearms Enthusiast
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2017, 01:52:39 PM »
Walnut and steel,
Low profile peep sights,
A well-oiled bolt action,
Some of my delights.

Revolvers are solid,
Wood grips are cool.
There is little doubt
I run old school.

Holsters are leather.
This goes also for slings!
Nylon, Kydex, and plastic
Are reprehensible things.

Keep your GAP and your forty
And cartridges new.
If it ain't lived a century,
It should be eschewed.

The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.