Police shooting video ***New video on Page 2*** (Read 27471 times)

Rocky

Re: Police shooting video
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2017, 10:25:47 AM »
About 75 feet, difficult shot for most.

Difficult to judge.  You don't want to shoot unless you really have to, but at the same time you want to be the first one to take a shot, not the second.
"unless you really have to" are the key words in both of these vids,.
Now this one I got no problem with getting shot in the back for a lot of reasons..
http://www.guns.com/2017/07/14/dramatic-body-camera-video-shows-columbus-officers-shoot-armed-man/?utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_content=59691e1204d301322088f7ee&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

RSN172

Re: Police shooting video
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2017, 05:01:29 PM »
This is the link to FS recommendation if you are carrying a concealed weapon and pulled over by police.
http://www.ignatius-piazza-front-sight.com/2017/06/22/how-to-get-shot-by-the-police-during-a-routine-traffic-stop/
Happily living in Puna

RSN172

Re: Police shooting video
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2017, 02:31:52 AM »
Hpd should produce a 30 second PSA for TV broadcast.

Nah, no need.  Hawaii doesn't allow non LEO to carry guns so no need worry, right?
Happily living in Puna

eyeeatingfish

Re: Police shooting video
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2017, 03:25:45 PM »
Knowing what he was being stopped for could play a huge difference in whether the shooting was justified but I don't have that info from the video.

I think the shooting could be considered justified at the point the man brought the item in his hands together in what could be described as a shooting stance.

The object didn't look like a firearm but video sometimes makes things look different. The way he was getting out with the black object in his hand seemed odd. It almost looks as if the man had some sort of disability. Looks like a convergence of unfortunate circumstances.

RSN172

Re: Police shooting video
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2017, 07:58:00 AM »
I wonder if Officer Noor will get away with killing the yoga instructor who called 911 to report a crime.
Happily living in Puna

changemyoil66

Re: Police shooting video
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2017, 09:23:10 AM »
I wonder if Officer Noor will get away with killing the yoga instructor who called 911 to report a crime.

Of course he will.  He's an immigrant, black, and victim is white.

I want to know if his instructors at the academy thought he should graduate, or was pushed through due to his race and immigration status.

RSN172

Re: Police shooting video
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2017, 09:58:21 AM »
2 years on the force, 3 complaints and now a fatal shooting.  Just doing his job I guess.
Happily living in Puna

zippz

Re: Police shooting video
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2017, 10:34:41 AM »
2 years on the force, 3 complaints and now a fatal shooting.  Just doing his job I guess.

Number of complaints aren't necessarily a good indicator of the quality of the officer.  There's lots of frivolous complaints and suits filed against officers in hopes of a payout.  Number of suspensions and investigated proven  violations are better.

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Police shooting video
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2017, 11:04:46 AM »
Heard a discussion on the radio yesterday.  Noor was poorly viewed by the other Cops in his unit.  He was "fast tracked" by the Mayor because they wanted to have a Somali-American on the force quickly.  Their city has a huge Somali-American population.

Fast-Tracking apparently meant Noor was "helped" through his training more rapidly than other cadets.  Not that he was a fast learner, but just the opposite.  The other Cops saw him as a risk.

The fact that he was paired with a very young and not-well-seasoned partner was also brought up.  The Cops choose their partners in order of seniority, so the more experienced Cops get first dibs.  All the more senior Cops picked other partners.  Noor's partner basically got stuck with him, being he was "last to choose", like on a school baseball field.

So, bottom line:  Noor was a "token" Somali-American Cop, pushed through training before he was really trained, had a reputation with the unit as a liability, and was partnered with a Cop who had not much more experience than he did.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

zippz

Re: Police shooting video
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2017, 04:46:16 PM »
Here's another video of a shooting in NJ following a 10 mile chase.  Skip to 11:00 on the video.  Things I got out of this is:
1.  Make use of cover.
2.  Guarantee your shots (no misses)
3.  Don't let adrenaline take control of you.



"The fatal wound was a gunshot to the top of the head that was received after Mr. Watson had fallen to the ground," the prosecutor's account said.

Officers involved in the shooting, from the Pleasantville and Atlantic City departments, said they feared Watson "was wearing body armor due to the fact that he appeared to have sustained a number of gunshot wounds, but was able to remain standing," the prosecutor's office said.

An autopsy found PCP, a drug that can cause hallucinations, in Watson's system.

The prosecutor's office said between 64 and 74 shots were fired during a 23-second period. The condition of slugs recovered from Watson's body made it impossible to identify the officer who fired the fatal shot, according to the prosecutor's office.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 06:00:50 PM by zippz »

zippz

Re: Police shooting video ***New video on Page 2***
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2017, 05:00:30 PM »
Watched the video again and I thought he was still alive after he fell and the police were still shooting.  Now that I watched it again looks like he took a headshot then fell and spasmed.

Rocky

Re: Police shooting video ***New video on Page 2***
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2017, 05:46:23 PM »
I lost count of how many rounds hit the ground before the perp did.
First ground shoot hits the snow in towards civies as did numerous rounds after.
Civies directly in line of incoming fire behind perp

I got watch what's behind your target   :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake:
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

oldfart

Re: Police shooting video ***New video on Page 2***
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2017, 07:52:24 PM »
It's a good thing that perp took lessons from the Gangsta Firearms Academy.
Another nominee for the Darwin Award.

Those people on the sidewalk were very lucky.
What, Me Worry?

zippz

Re: Police shooting video ***New video on Page 2***
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2017, 07:24:09 AM »
It's a good thing that perp took lessons from the Gangsta Firearms Academy.

He was holding a cigarette the whole time even while getting shot at on the ground.

oldfart

Re: Police shooting video ***New video on Page 2***
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2017, 07:47:37 AM »
He was holding a cigarette the whole time even while getting shot at on the ground.
...
Cuz he be a badazz mofo :rofl:

But seriously, that sort of thing is how legends are made.
His hood rat bros be watchin that video right now sayin that he one badazz and they wanna go down jus like dat.
What, Me Worry?

drck1000

Re: Police shooting video ***New video on Page 2***
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2017, 08:31:22 AM »
From that Atlantic City one, it all went down in about 5-6 seconds and all from about 10 yards, maybe 15 ish max. 

Yeah, that officer that appears on the left of the dash cam  when the guy came out of the car and I can almost hear the "oh S$%T"!

In the chase just before the guy his another car, the guy waved something out of the window and I heard the officer and dispatch indicate that the guy was brandishing a weapon.  Then the guy throws a couple things out of the window. 

oldfart

Re: Police shooting video
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2017, 10:13:09 AM »
Number of complaints aren't necessarily a good indicator of the quality of the officer.  There's lots of frivolous complaints and suits filed against officers in hopes of a payout.  Number of suspensions and investigated proven  violations are better.
....
If I were Noor's partner I would file a complaint about him discharging his pistol inches from my face.
What, Me Worry?

dirtylickins

  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1619
  • Total likes: 141
  • I carry a gun... Cause carrying a cop is too heavy
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Police shooting video ***New video on Page 2***
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2017, 07:37:24 PM »
The first cop on cam lucky should have took cover... Low and to the left... Lol bystanders very lucky damn deer in headlights then scurrying like rats. First rounds hit right in front of them. I guess the skip the rounds off the ground trick works when perp is on ground.  :popcorn:

zippz

Re: Police shooting video ***New video on Page 2***
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2017, 08:47:37 AM »
Forgot to add that the cops knew he was armed during the chase.  Prior to he didn't pay his restaurant bill and waived a gun around which led to the police chase.  Also he was high on PCP which combined with his bulk allowed him to take a lot of hits before going down.

eyeeatingfish

Re: Police shooting video ***New video on Page 2***
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2017, 10:46:09 PM »
Watched the video again and I thought he was still alive after he fell and the police were still shooting.  Now that I watched it again looks like he took a headshot then fell and spasmed.

If a round severed his spinal cord that would have also caused him to slump over like that. I don't know if the headshot took him down because he did seem to flinch when he was still being hit. Depends where in the head he was hit of course.

I think this was a little excessive. I can see shooting for a whole second or two after the man falls to the ground because it takes a while for the brain to process what just happened and the fear running through their heads was likely so intense that it doesn't help with complicated decision making. But when you are in second 5 and 6 of the shooting it is harder to justify continuing to fire. I was really worried for the people running away in the background. If you ever see a police chase that ends in a crash it would probably be better to hide than watch.

It is hard to judge because even in the video where the man was clearly down, some of the officers might have had compromised views because they were behind cover. What they may have seen or heard could have caused them to believe the individual was still a threat. People sometimes don't realize that dash cam and body cam footage is a great witness but people often forget there is a lot it cannot or doesn't show.

A lot can be learned from the video. Taking cover is the first obvious one, stressing on shot placement is the next on I see.