Problems with my wife's iPhone 5s (Read 5273 times)

Inspector

Problems with my wife's iPhone 5s
« on: May 09, 2017, 06:22:19 AM »
I bought an iPhone 5s for my wife cuz I figure it was going to work no matter what. I don't know if she managed to screw this thing up or if it has a hardware issue.

About a month ago it started rebooting on its own with a screen of vertical lines and the apple and it wouldn't stop. So I took out the SIM and did a hard reboot. It started working like this so I turned it off, put back the SIM and then turned it back on. It worked fine until last night. I tried last night to do an update and a restore using my Windoze computer and iTunes and it wouldn't work cuz the iPhone turned off before I was able to complete the download of the new ios and I couldn't turn it back on. Now I am at work early trying to get this going before I start work. I am downloading the new ios and the phone is turning on and off. How can I update the ios if it keeps turning off? The iTunes software then says it cannot communicate with the phone. Also, I can no longer do a hard reset by holding the power button and the button on the bottom at the same time.

Any suggestions before I bring it back to Verizon?
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

drck1000

Re: Problems with my wife's iPhone 5s
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 07:37:41 AM »
Get an iPhone 7. . .

 :rofl:

Seriously though, I often wondered if the software in older generation phones render them less effective.  I changed from the 5s to 7 maybe 6 months ago.  I recall when the 7 came out, the updates made things my 5s increasingly more, say, difficult. 

ren

Re: Problems with my wife's iPhone 5s
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 07:52:15 AM »
They still make those? Thats like a Sega Genesis.
Deeds Not Words

Rocky

Re: Problems with my wife's iPhone 5s
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 08:10:06 AM »
TO REBOOT, TAKE OUT BATTERY, WAIT AND REPLACE  :geekdanc:

 :wave:
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

oldfart

Re: Problems with my wife's iPhone 5s
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2017, 08:20:14 AM »
TO REBOOT, TAKE OUT BATTERY, WAIT AND REPLACE  :geekdanc:

 :wave:
=============
alternate method...

INSERT MAGAZINE, RELEASE SLIDE, SQUEEZE TRIGGER, BUY ANDROID :rofl:
What, Me Worry?

Inspector

Re: Problems with my wife's iPhone 5s
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2017, 08:33:35 AM »
=============
alternate method...

INSERT MAGAZINE, RELEASE SLIDE, SQUEEZE TRIGGER, BUY ANDROID :rofl:
If we need to buy a new one this 5s will become target fodder this Sunday.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

oldfart

Re: Problems with my wife's iPhone 5s
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2017, 08:38:22 AM »
If we need to buy a new one this 5s will become target fodder this Sunday.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
=============
btw
I do have an old broken laptop that would make a great prop for a funny video, if you know what I mean.
What, Me Worry?

drck1000

Re: Problems with my wife's iPhone 5s
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2017, 08:38:37 AM »
=============
alternate method...

INSERT MAGAZINE, RELEASE SLIDE, SQUEEZE TRIGGER, BUY ANDROID :rofl:
It's Inspector. . . more like

Open cylinder, insert .357 Mag LSWHP, close cylinder, squeeze trigger, squeeze trigger again (assuming first shot missed  ;D ), buy iPhone 7. . .  :thumbsup:

 :rofl:

Inspector

Re: Problems with my wife's iPhone 5s
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2017, 08:42:57 AM »
It's Inspector. . . more like

Open cylinder, insert .357 Mag LSWHP, close cylinder, squeeze trigger, squeeze trigger again (assuming first shot missed  ;D ), buy iPhone 7. . .  :thumbsup:

 :rofl:
You know me too well.  :oops: :oops: :oops:
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

Inspector

Re: Problems with my wife's iPhone 5s
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2017, 08:44:10 AM »
=============
btw
I do have an old broken laptop that would make a great prop for a funny video, if you know what I mean.
If you are in charge of the video, I'll volunteer my services and weapons and ammo.  :shake: :shake: :shake:
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

rklapp

Re: Problems with my wife's iPhone 5s
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2017, 12:09:49 PM »
Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
https://ronsreloading.wordpress.com/

Inspector

Re: Problems with my wife's iPhone 5s
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2017, 12:13:22 PM »

Yeah, one of my favorite movies and one of the best scenes. Thanks for laugh!!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

rklapp

Re: Problems with my wife's iPhone 5s
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2017, 12:20:44 PM »
Yeah, one of my favorite movies and one of the best scenes. Thanks for laugh!!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
What the eff is a PC Load Error?!?
Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
https://ronsreloading.wordpress.com/

Inspector

Re: Problems with my wife's iPhone 5s
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2017, 12:39:56 PM »
What the eff is a PC Load Error?!?
If you ever figure it out, let me know. I think that knowledge might be worth millions!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!