MCX KBay firearms section (Read 10724 times)

mrgaf

MCX KBay firearms section
« on: May 21, 2017, 05:40:02 PM »
Went to the "firearms" section in the MCX today. While they don't have much stock yet they do have fantastic prices, all tax free, for active duty and retired military. They actually have a nice selection of Glocks and, from listening to some of the folks in there at the time, are about $100-$125 cheaper, not counting the tax break. For instance a S&W Victory for $369 out the door and, if memory serves me correctly they have an M686 4" for $689 out the door. SWEET! As well as other S&W revolvers, pistols, etc. all for exceptional prices,  much cheaper than the LGS's. They also have a limited amount of ammo and AR's but they said they are expecting some very large shipments of guns and ammo in the next few weeks. They also have a lot of Pelican rifle and pistol cases as well. They also have a limited amount of ammo and AR's but they said they are expecting some very large shipments of guns and ammo in the next few weeks and have a nice amount of Pelican rifle and pistol cases as well.  Nice thing is what profit they make goes rite back to the MWR and such. :shaka: :thumbsup: :geekdanc:
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 06:00:53 PM by mrgaf »
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

ren

Re: MCX KBay firearms section
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 05:43:36 PM »
if it wasn't for RapBack  :grrr:
Deeds Not Words

drck1000

Re: MCX KBay firearms section
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 09:51:28 AM »
I had heard about that place a while back, but it was just in the super early phases then.  Good to hear that they are up and running. 

So are all sales only open to active and retired military?  Or just better pricing.  Have been looking for another good local source for Pelican cases. 

My project at MCBH is winding down, but I just may have to swing out there to check this place out. 

mrgaf

Re: MCX KBay firearms section
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 01:00:06 PM »
I had heard about that place a while back, but it was just in the super early phases then.  Good to hear that they are up and running. 

So are all sales only open to active and retired military?  Or just better pricing.  Have been looking for another good local source for Pelican cases. 

My project at MCBH is winding down, but I just may have to swing out there to check this place out.

Hmmmmm good question...Know you have to show your military or retired ID when checking out in the MCX so I think it's the same. No one checking ID's at the front door of the exchange so you could probably go on in and take a look but not sure about purchasing. When you go in head back to the electronics section, the entrance will be towards the back. Has a sign over the door that says "firearms".
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

zippz

Re: MCX KBay firearms section
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 01:18:32 PM »
Exchange purchases are restricted to military, dependants, and a couple other categories of people.  DOD workers can't purchase things there.  I believe  the Exchange workers themselves cannot make purchases either unless one of those categories.  Other people can look inside as a guest, or if on base no one checks for ID at the door.

Flapp_Jackson

Re: MCX KBay firearms section
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 01:30:16 PM »
Exchange purchases are restricted to military, dependants, and a couple other categories of people.  DOD workers can't purchase things there.  I believe  the Exchange workers themselves cannot make purchases either unless one of those categories.  Other people can look inside as a guest, or if on base no one checks for ID at the door.

I just received a letter about 2 months ago I would soon be able to purchase from the AAFES BX/PX online website / catalog even though I am not retired.  I'm former Air Force with 9 years active duty.

Something tells me certain categories of products won't be offered outside of the stores.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

drck1000

Re: MCX KBay firearms section
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2017, 01:49:03 PM »
Hmmmmm good question...Know you have to show your military or retired ID when checking out in the MCX so I think it's the same. No one checking ID's at the front door of the exchange so you could probably go on in and take a look but not sure about purchasing. When you go in head back to the electronics section, the entrance will be towards the back. Has a sign over the door that says "firearms".
Ok.  Sounds like typical set up for the Navy Exchange.  I actually can't even go in to look to browse there.  I know they have excellent sales on stuff like appliances.  I have good friends that are in the guard and they can get me on if I wanted to buy anything, but I'd hate to bother them just to check it out.  One of them is a gun nut too, so I think he'd be down to check it out.  Might be worth checking it out for stuff like ammo and accessories.   

The reason why I asked was that another buddy used to work on base (used to be stationed there when he was active duty) told me about that place way back when.  I didn't think that it would ever happen and sort of forgot about it until your OP.  I recall back then he was trying to get a job at this place and the word/speculation was it would be, or was looking to be, available for other DoD personnel. 

I know that when I am on base with orders, I usually have privileges to the exchanges.  I only get formal orders when I travel, like to Guam or outside Hawaii. 

mrgaf

Re: MCX KBay firearms section
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2017, 05:12:57 PM »
Ok.  Sounds like typical set up for the Navy Exchange.  I actually can't even go in to look to browse there.  I know they have excellent sales on stuff like appliances.  I have good friends that are in the guard and they can get me on if I wanted to buy anything, but I'd hate to bother them just to check it out.  One of them is a gun nut too, so I think he'd be down to check it out.  Might be worth checking it out for stuff like ammo and accessories.   

The reason why I asked was that another buddy used to work on base (used to be stationed there when he was active duty) told me about that place way back when.  I didn't think that it would ever happen and sort of forgot about it until your OP.  I recall back then he was trying to get a job at this place and the word/speculation was it would be, or was looking to be, available for other DoD personnel. 

I know that when I am on base with orders, I usually have privileges to the exchanges.  I only get formal orders when I travel, like to Guam or outside Hawaii.
10-4. Heck at least you can see what they got and one of your buds can buy for you. Heck, if you need to, lemme know and I'll get it for ya..... :thumbsup:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

robtmc

Re: MCX KBay firearms section
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2017, 08:41:34 PM »
10-4. Heck at least you can see what they got and one of your buds can buy for you. Heck, if you need to, lemme know and I'll get it for ya..... :thumbsup:
Don't that come close to being a strawman purchase?

Well, hell, Holder and Obutthole got away with it...............

mrgaf

Re: MCX KBay firearms section
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2017, 08:44:21 PM »
Don't that come close to being a strawman purchase?

Well, hell, Holder and Obutthole got away with it...............

Come on.... he said he was interested in pelican cases not firearms. Damn!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

London808

Re: MCX KBay firearms section
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2017, 09:09:46 PM »
Exchange purchases are restricted to military, dependants, and a couple other categories of people.  DOD workers can't purchase things there.  I believe  the Exchange workers themselves cannot make purchases either unless one of those categories.  Other people can look inside as a guest, or if on base no one checks for ID at the door.

Some DOD employees can shop at the exchanges, just have to look at your ID (or CAC) card, if it says exchange or limited exchange you can shop at any exchange,

"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

macsak

Re: MCX KBay firearms section
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2017, 09:13:03 PM »
Don't that come close to being a strawman purchase?

no one on this forum does anything illegal...

mrgaf

Re: MCX KBay firearms section
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2017, 09:13:43 PM »
Some DOD employees can shop at the exchanges, just have to look at your ID (or CAC) card, if it says exchange or limited exchange you can shop at any exchange,
interesting....wonder why. Will have to research the criteria for that privilege. I did know some had limited exchange for gas and mini mart...
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 09:20:44 PM by mrgaf »
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

mrgaf

Re: MCX KBay firearms section
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2017, 09:14:55 PM »
no one on this forum does anything illegal...

Exactly......
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

drck1000

Re: MCX KBay firearms section
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2017, 09:33:17 PM »
Come on.... he said he was interested in pelican cases not firearms. Damn!
And ammo.  :thumbsup:

I think most mini marts are open to CAC card holders. I know the one next to my office and where I go on Ford Island are for all CAC card holders. The main exchange is different though, at least not for me.

Heavies

Re: MCX KBay firearms section
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2017, 04:13:57 AM »
I depends pn post policy in regards to DoD CAC card purchases. Usually it's restricted to fast food type items or drinks. If one is on TAD on orders one may have more PX privilege..  needs to say so on the orders, and orders must be presented at checkout.

drck1000

Re: MCX KBay firearms section
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2017, 06:47:20 AM »
I depends pn post policy in regards to DoD CAC card purchases. Usually it's restricted to fast food type items or drinks. If one is on TAD on orders one may have more PX privilege..  needs to say so on the orders, and orders must be presented at checkout.
Oops, yeah.  I believe that's the case for the mini marts that I can go to here and I think even when I was traveling.  That's all that I would be shopping for in mini marts though, food.   ;D

I know the travel order forms that we get changed recently.  I haven't gone to a place where I needed formal orders for a while though.  I do recall that consultants working on .gov contracts used to get privileges to exchange/PX/etc, but not anymore.  At least for contracts that I work on.  Something about our contracting folks deemed it a "not necessary benefit", but that's all second hand information and not sure about the truth of the matter.  Sucks though as the exchange/PX was an excellent place to shop when you had a long trip, especially overseas. 

London808

Re: MCX KBay firearms section
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2017, 07:12:43 AM »
I think you guys are confusing exchange privileges with commissary,  Only active and retired can shop at the commissary.

Plenty of people can shop at the exchange stores that can't shop at commissary.

I am a civilian DOD employee for NEXCOM, and the only 2 restrictions on my purchases is no uniform and no commissary.

"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

drck1000

Re: MCX KBay firearms section
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2017, 07:25:34 AM »
I think you guys are confusing exchange privileges with commissary,  Only active and retired can shop at the commissary.

Plenty of people can shop at the exchange stores that can't shop at commissary.

I am a civilian DOD employee for NEXCOM, and the only 2 restrictions on my purchases is no uniform and no commissary.
I don't think I can purchase anything at either.  It's been a while since I've tried locally though.  Other than the food court and those kiosks on the first floor, I've never bought anything at the NEX at Pearl.  There's a tent outside with dive gear that I wanted to check out and they said I can't even go in there to look around. 

changemyoil66

Re: MCX KBay firearms section
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2017, 08:33:56 AM »
The real info is how to get on post at Kbay.  You need to have a vendor or someone call the guard tower saying that you're coming in.  You can't just show up and show reg, drivers license, safety check, and insurance like you can at Schofield.

I go on post every few months and the vendor calls them every time I come.