House Report on Fast and Furious... Sessions, DOJ appear to let Holder slide... (Read 4824 times)

punaperson

I'm truly disappointed to see no (apparent) action from Sessions/DOJ on holding Holder (only Attorney General ever to be held in contempt of Congress for his refusal to provide documents/evidence re Fast and Furious) and the BATFE brass accountable via criminal prosecution for their collusion and fraud in lying about what they all conspired to do... and totally got away with under ObaMAO.  >:( 263 pages documenting wrongdoing and nothing happens to those people?! Fuck me...

I just reread BATFE agent/whistleblower John Dodson's The Unarmed Truth. He was right in the middle of the whole thing in the Phoenix office, knew what they were doing was wrong, kept asking questions until he got forced to the periphery and finally contacted the media and politicians in the position to get to the truth and hold people accountable (for the deaths of Border Patrol agent Brian Terry and probably hundreds of people in Mexico)... and... SEVEN YEARS LATER... crickets.  >:(

https://oversight.house.gov/report/committee-releases-fast-furious-report-obstruction-congress-department-justice/

COMMITTEE RELEASES FAST & FURIOUS REPORT: OBSTRUCTION OF CONGRESS BY THE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE

DOJ viewed the Terry family as a public relations nuisance and failed to provide the family with answers regarding Brian’s murder.

The Justice Department’s internal probe was largely a sham, and it prioritized politics and spin over public safety.

DOJ demonstrated a complete disregard for proper congressional oversight.

The downloadable full .pdf report is here:  https://oversight.house.gov/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/FINAL_REPORT_2017.pdf

drck1000

Hmm. I'll definitely be reading that report as well as look into that book. Have long been wondering whatever happened with that case. Swept under the rug, while we were distracted by racially charged stuff that was probably going on and the previous administration stoking the fires of racial division.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

punaperson

Hmm. I'll definitely be reading that report as well as look into that book. Have long been wondering whatever happened with that case. Swept under the rug, while we were distracted by racially charged stuff that was probably going on and the previous administration stoking the fires of racial division.
Be prepared for excessive blood pressure elevation if you read Dodson's book. I can't tell you how many times (even the second time I read it) I said out loud  :wtf: when reading about some event or series of events he describes where he himself said/thought  :wtf:.

drck1000

Be prepared for excessive blood pressure elevation if you read Dodson's book. I can't tell you how many times (even the second time I read it) I said out loud  :wtf: when reading about some event or series of events he describes where he himself said/thought  :wtf:.
Cool. My BP is usually pretty good. Luckily I inherited low BP from my grandmother.

I'll check if it's on Kindle.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

punaperson

David Codrea shares my disgust...

Without Personal Consequences, Oversight Fast and Furious Report Brings No One Closer to Justice

https://www.oathkeepers.org/without-personal-consequences-oversight-fast-furious-report-brings-no-one-closer-justice/

Bottom line: If the upshot of all this is words, finger-pointing, political gamesmanship, media placement and no results, this report will be representative of nothing so much as a line from Macbeth:

It is a tale

Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,

Signifying nothing.


Prove me wrong, Oversight Committee. I beg you.

robtmc

Not knowledgeable on Japanese art, but this seems much like Kabuki theater, which is what the fake theatrics of the Uniparty have been called for years. 

Lots of yammering, no action, like women (no offense) that like hearing themselves talk.

this report will be representative of nothing so much as a line from Macbeth:

It is a tale

Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,

Signifying nothing.


Prove me wrong, Oversight Committee. I beg you.

Bunker

Isn't amazing just what the democrats can get away with and here Trump has multiple investigations ongoing and they want to impeach him for unsubstantiated allegations by a bunch of unanimous, unnamed sources. They say there was no intent with Hillary, who was/is a seasoned politician who knows all the rules, and knows damn well all the things she was doing were criminal, and even if Trump did or said some stupid thing prior to be sworn in, he probably wouldn't have knew any better at the time.

drck1000

"YES, there was a cover-up, and it’s WORSE than we thought…"

http://www.allenbwest.com/michaelcantrell/yes-cover-worse-thought