Susan Rice suggests race, gender bias linked to 'unmasking' backlash (Read 6208 times)

drck1000

Quote
Susan Rice, the Obama national security adviser under fire over her alleged involvement in the “unmasking” of Trump associates during the 2016 presidential election, suggested in a fresh interview that race and gender might be playing a role in the scrutiny she’s faced.

In an interview with journalist Michael Tomasky for New York Magazine, Rice reportedly questioned the criticism she’s faced dating back to the Benghazi controversy.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/28/susan-rice-suggests-race-gender-bias-linked-to-unmasking-backlash.html

This caught my attention due to deeper digging into Benghazi, which I still wonder how it was so quickly seemingly swept under the rug.  People died, including an ambassador. 

It also caught my eye about Rice playing the dual victim card of being a woman and minority.

Bunker

Re: Susan Rice suggests race, gender bias linked to 'unmasking' backlash
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 05:22:30 PM »
The democrats and/or liberals always play the victim when they get caught for anything. That's their playbook.

punaperson

Re: Susan Rice suggests race, gender bias linked to 'unmasking' backlash
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 05:43:11 PM »
 
It also caught my eye about Rice playing the dual victim card of being a woman and minority.
What other reason could there be for her "persecution"? Just like Michael Brown and Treyvon Martin, she dintdonuffin'.

Inspector

Re: Susan Rice suggests race, gender bias linked to 'unmasking' backlash
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 06:25:44 AM »
What other reason could there be for her "persecution"? Just like Michael Brown and Treyvon Martin, she dintdonuffin'.
When backed into a corner a rat will do anything to keep from getting eaten prosecuted. Playing the race card still works with those uninformed leftists/democrats/progressives/socialists.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

drck1000

Re: Susan Rice suggests race, gender bias linked to 'unmasking' backlash
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 07:30:55 AM »
What other reason could there be for her "persecution"? Just like Michael Brown and Treyvon Martin, she dintdonuffin'.
Yeah

Just the whole fight for equality crap on many angles bug me when any play the victim.  Women's rights, black rights, whatever.  Yeah, I get that many groups have been oppressed, mistreated, etc.  This woman is obviously no victim, but plays right into the emotional angle that seems to really capture the hearts and minds of the weak minded liberal. 

drck1000

Re: Susan Rice suggests race, gender bias linked to 'unmasking' backlash
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 07:31:22 AM »
When backed into a corner a rat will do anything to keep from getting eaten prosecuted. Playing the race card still works with those uninformed leftists/democrats/progressives/socialists.
Justice is blind.  Or maybe she shouldn't have served. 

Inspector

Re: Susan Rice suggests race, gender bias linked to 'unmasking' backlash
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2017, 07:36:35 AM »
Justice is blind.  Or maybe she shouldn't have served.
Justice is supposed to be blind. But the leftists/democrats/progressives/socialists have rewritten the way justice is interpreted and handed out. And race has a big hand in that if you have a left leaning judge.  >:( >:( >:(
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

drck1000

Re: Susan Rice suggests race, gender bias linked to 'unmasking' backlash
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2017, 07:43:08 AM »
Justice is supposed to be blind. But the leftists/democrats/progressives/socialists have rewritten the way justice is interpreted and handed out. And race has a big hand in that if you have a left leaning judge.  >:( >:( >:(
Yeah, I meant Justice is supposed to be blind.  I'm an idealist (at heart).  I still try to remember intent of what laws, constitution, etc was when they were written.  Not the twisted versions that many have become. 

Inspector

Re: Susan Rice suggests race, gender bias linked to 'unmasking' backlash
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2017, 08:02:59 AM »
Yeah, I meant Justice is supposed to be blind.  I'm an idealist (at heart).  I still try to remember intent of what laws, constitution, etc was when they were written.  Not the twisted versions that many have become.
Sorry, I am being a little extra sarcastic this morning (even with caffeination  :P) because I have a late afternoon meeting that I run every Thursday and nobody let's me know that they are cancelling until a minute before or sometimes 15 minutes after we are supposed to start. The worst offenders don't even let me know, period. And never apologize. I really can't stand the lack of respect around here. The worst part is every minute I wait to leave to go home keeps me on the H1 an extra 2-5 minutes. So waiting 15 minutes for everyone to show up means if they don't I usually spend at least an extra half hour going home just because I had to wait to find out the meeting is cancelled. I've tried asking them to let me know and they all say they will but in reality they continue to just do what they want. It gets frustrating at times.

When the meeting takes place I get off late afternoon and I go hang out with the usual suspects and have dinner and get on the H1 around 6:30pm or so. And I get home in about 30 minutes or so. I'd rather get home later and not fight traffic than fight traffic and get home only a little sooner.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

drck1000

Re: Susan Rice suggests race, gender bias linked to 'unmasking' backlash
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2017, 08:07:11 AM »
Sorry, I am being a little extra sarcastic this morning (even with caffeination  :P) because I have a late afternoon meeting that I run every Thursday and nobody let's me know that they are cancelling until a minute before or sometimes 15 minutes after we are supposed to start. The worst offenders don't even let me know, period. And never apologize. I really can't stand the lack of respect around here. The worst part is every minute I wait to leave to go home keeps me on the H1 an extra 2-5 minutes. So waiting 15 minutes for everyone to show up means if they don't I usually spend at least an extra half hour going home just because I had to wait to find out the meeting is cancelled. I've tried asking them to let me know and they all say they will but in reality they continue to just do what they want. It gets frustrating at times.

When the meeting takes place I get off late afternoon and I go hang out with the usual suspects and have dinner and get on the H1 around 6:30pm or so. And I get home in about 30 minutes or so. I'd rather get home later and not fight traffic than fight traffic and get home only a little sooner.
Quit yer whining woman!

Kidding.  Haha.  Yeah, I knew you were being sarcastic and frankly realistic.  And I hear ya about people being late.  I HATE being late and even worse in a work setting.  There were studies on how much $$$ people are wasting being late for meetings by even 5 minutes as you multiply that as wasted time for the entire group. 

Go enjoy a dark Columbian!   ;D

Inspector

Re: Susan Rice suggests race, gender bias linked to 'unmasking' backlash
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2017, 08:27:00 AM »
Go enjoy a dark Columbian!   ;D
How did you know my taste in women?  ;) ;) ;)
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

drck1000

Re: Susan Rice suggests race, gender bias linked to 'unmasking' backlash
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2017, 08:42:02 AM »
How did you know my taste in women?  ;) ;) ;)
Who said anything about a woman. . .  :o

 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Enjoy your coffee  ;D

punaperson

Re: Susan Rice suggests race, gender bias linked to 'unmasking' backlash
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2017, 10:11:03 AM »
Not to get too far off topic, but on the fact-based reality side of things...

Did Susan Rice Commit A Crime? It's Starting To Look That Way

http://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/did-susan-rice-commit-a-crime-its-starting-to-look-that-way/

ObamaGate: In a TV appearance, Susan Rice remains adamant that the Obama administration didn't spy on the incoming Trump administration. Really? A growing body of evidence suggests just the opposite, and that a crime was likely committed.

"The allegation is that somehow, Obama administration officials utilized intelligence for political purposes," Rice told MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell. "That's absolutely false. ... There was no such collection or surveillance on Trump Tower or Trump individuals, it is important to understand, directed by the White House or targeted at Trump individuals."

As denials go that's pretty categorical, but it falls apart on even superficial scrutiny.

Let's start with the wording. As we've noted before, this is clever, lawyerly evasion, not truth-telling. She's right, in one sense: They designed this intel operation so that "Trump individuals" wouldn't be targets, but "incidental" to gathering information about foreigners.
* * * * *
Yet Rice, who has lied repeatedly in public before — Benghazi is a clear example of this — now suggests that it was all done out of a desire to find out about Russian meddling in our election. It would be legal, if true.

But, in fact, the unmasking of intelligence involving Trump people appears to be part of a campaign by the Obama administration that started late last year to delegitimize Trump and to render his presidency null and void. Why else would this information be so widely distributed? This is political espionage, using the U.S. intelligence apparatus to do the spying on someone who had just won the presidency.

Sorry, but this looks like a crime. At bare minimum, it is an abuse of power, which Wikipedia defines as "the commission of an unlawful act, done in an official capacity, which affects the performance of official duties." That pretty much sums it up.

The only question now is did President Obama know that unlawful acts against his political foe were being committed in his name? And did he actually approve them? If so, Obama, the former University of Chicago lecturer in constitutional law, may soon find out that even a president isn't above the law, but is subject to it just as the rest of us are.

Only a congressional investigation can get to the bottom of this, just as during Watergate. Let's get going.

Etc.

Inspector

Re: Susan Rice suggests race, gender bias linked to 'unmasking' backlash
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2017, 11:14:56 AM »
Who said anything about a woman. . .  :o

 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Enjoy your coffee  ;D
Sorry, didn't know you swing the other way...  :P :P :P
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!