Carry Permit for Pepper Spray on Kauai (Read 3411 times)

changemyoil66

Carry Permit for Pepper Spray on Kauai
« on: June 30, 2017, 08:39:50 AM »
Wow I didn't know that.  Only Kauai you need a carry permit (similar to CCW) to carry OC there.

Called KPD to confirm and 2 officers said "all islands" require this.  I didn't want to argue...

zippz

Re: Carry Permit for Pepper Spray on Kauai
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 08:47:42 AM »
Very interesting

http://qcode.us/codes/kauaicounty/
Sec. 22-15
“Obnoxious substances” means chloracetophenone (CN), o-chlorobenzalmalononitrile(CS), oleo resin capsicum (OC), or any derivative thereof.
(a)    No person shall own or acquire the ownership of an obnoxious substance device, whether usable or unusable, serviceable or unserviceable, either by purchase, gift, inheritance, bequest, or in any other manner, whether procured in the State or imported by mail, express, freight, or otherwise, until the person has first procured from the Chief of Police, a permit to acquire the ownership of an obnoxious substance device.

oldfart

Re: Carry Permit for Pepper Spray on Kauai
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 09:02:55 AM »
So on Kauai you need a permit for chili-peppa water :thumbsup:
What, Me Worry?

punaperson

Re: Carry Permit for Pepper Spray on Kauai
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 09:50:01 AM »
I wonder if I should report the "health food stores" for openly selling all those bulk bags of finely powdered very-high-rated-Scoville-scale cayenne ("active ingredient" capsaicin), or Long's for selling the obviously illegal "Capsaicin" cream?

As for Kauai PD, they lied about virtually every aspect of their issuing and altering and revoking the two CCW licenses they issued in 2006 and 2013, so I wouldn't believe a single word they say about anything.