late to the game... (Read 2691 times)

ren

Deeds Not Words

zippz

Re: late to the game...
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 07:42:50 AM »
No worries, I'm sure there will be a fair settlement. :crazy:

The craziness has spread to the islands from the mainland.

oldfart

Re: late to the game...
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 08:21:48 AM »
Being of native Hawaiian ancestry, I have to say I am embarrassed by these so-called activists.
I suspect most people of Hawaiian ancestry feel the same way.
The federal government realized a long time ago that the mountain is a special place which is why they made it into a National Park.
The feds take much better care of the area than some wacky activists ever could.
What, Me Worry?

ren

Re: late to the game...
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 08:47:02 AM »
Being of native Hawaiian ancestry, I have to say I am embarrassed by these so-called activists.
I suspect most people of Hawaiian ancestry feel the same way.
The federal government realized a long time ago that the mountain is a special place which is why they made it into a National Park.
The feds take much better care of the area than some wacky activists ever could.

I remember 4th grade mandatory Hawaiian history taught us that Hawaiians embraced astrology and on an unrelated topic modern tools such as firearms.
There are more serious issues to protest besides this telescope. No one protested the rail while discovery projects dug up iwi.
I'm guessing there a hidden checkbook these activists are trying to tap.
Deeds Not Words

RSN172

Re: late to the game...
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 09:58:38 PM »
Start running them over and I'm sure they will move.  These activists make me sick.  Just like those that protested against H3.  I would bet everything I own that those who protested against H3 are happily using it now.  Just like a friend I have out in Laie.  He told me years ago that the dumb Hawaiians, and he is half Hawaiian, who was protesting against a 7-11 being built in Kaaawa are always patronizing the store.  I know one guy on Oahu who told me he was offered a free trip to Hilo if he would go and be part of the group protesting up Mauna Kea.  So he took the offer.  He said he didn't care one way or the other but wanted a free trip to the Big Island.
Happily living in Puna

London808

Re: late to the game...
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2017, 03:07:17 PM »
Wheres the video from before they took him down ?
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016