At what point will cops say F*ck it (Read 3757 times)

changemyoil66

At what point will cops say F*ck it
« on: August 21, 2017, 10:09:59 AM »
As I watch the Antifa, BLM, etc...violent protesters, I wonder at what point will the riot police go Leroy Jenkins on them?

I see them getting stuff thrown at them, now urine which is hazmat.  I've also seem them watch Trump supporters get attacked 5 feet in front of them and they do nothing.

I do blame the brass for not allowing them to go in from the beginning to maintain order because they are afraid of bad PR.  They are letting violent protesters get away with many things and it's only escalating. It will only be a matter of time before riot cops get killed.

Or will an OCP situation happen and they strike.

Inspector

Re: At what point will cops say F*ck it
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 12:24:56 PM »
As I watch the Antifa, BLM, etc...violent protesters, I wonder at what point will the riot police go Leroy Jenkins on them?

I see them getting stuff thrown at them, now urine which is hazmat.  I've also seem them watch Trump supporters get attacked 5 feet in front of them and they do nothing.

I do blame the brass for not allowing them to go in from the beginning to maintain order because they are afraid of bad PR.  They are letting violent protesters get away with many things and it's only escalating. It will only be a matter of time before riot cops get killed.

Or will an OCP situation happen and they strike.
I have thought a lot about what you brought up before you did bring it up. Obviously I can't read minds nor predict the future. But I believe that cops are basically going to do what they are ordered to do. If they are ordered to stay back, they will. If they are told to protect and prevent, they will. I think there will be the occasional cop who is not happy doing what he is ordered to do and will leave one police force for another. I don't know about the rest of the country but in CA each large city has their own force and smaller cities utilize the county or next door force. So there is a myriad of different forces to choose from. Not like it is here. JMHO
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

drck1000

Re: At what point will cops say F*ck it
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 12:38:19 PM »
Like anything, it depends on the individual and what the person is put through.  One of my best friends is a cop and I've become close with a number of his fellow officers (partner, former partner, FTO, etc).  I will say that this group is pretty diverse, but at least the ones that I've gotten to know well, I don't see them "getting all nuts".  That said, everyone has a breaking point. 

What I always find entertaining is when they use fire hoses to disperse groups.  I'd like to see that technique used more often.  A waste of water, but entertaining.   ;D

eyeeatingfish

Re: At what point will cops say F*ck it
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 06:06:21 PM »
I don't think you would see any mass action from cops such as a refusal to follow an order at a protest but I think you would see actions of individual officers in individual situations change. Officers may become more stand off, not willing to take action or arrest. They may avoid areas or suspects of a certain group.

I would guess that the only mass action you would see would be in the form of statements or suits from police unions.

macsak

Re: At what point will cops say F*ck it
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 07:20:48 PM »
I don't think you would see any mass action from cops such as a refusal to follow an order at a protest but I think you would see actions of individual officers in individual situations change. Officers may become more stand off, not willing to take action or arrest. They may avoid areas or suspects of a certain group.

I would guess that the only mass action you would see would be in the form of statements or suits from police unions.

WWEEFD?

drck1000

Re: At what point will cops say F*ck it
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 07:41:31 PM »
WWEEFD?
WBYCEIYDBO? 
:D


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ren

Re: At what point will cops say F*ck it
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2017, 07:51:34 PM »
Deeds Not Words