Libertarian party event (Read 3643 times)

zippz

Libertarian party event
« on: October 10, 2017, 08:42:07 PM »
The Libertarian Party of Hawaii is hosting a informal event this friday.  I'm not too familiar with them and their positions, I know they believe in the 2nd amendment, small government, and smoking weed.  And they never win elections.  Guess I'll find out soon.


As posted on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/events/134673650490287
Let's meet up at Lola's Bar & Grill at 1108 Keeaumoku St. Honolulu, HI 96814 on Friday, Oct 13th at 7pm. Meet in the back room. Call Joe Kent at 808-987-7322 if lost.  We'll talk about bitcoin, airbnb, uber/lyft, and the shared economy, and whatever else is on your mind.  Looking forward to meeting up with you, and talking story!

Heavies

Re: Libertarian party event
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 06:05:51 AM »
As views go, Libertarian is closer to the constitution than any other party IMHO.  I'd agree with most of the party values.  Only thing that I don't really like is the softer approach on national defense. (Mostly mind our own business.)  Which is fine most times, but sometimes a more proactive stance is necessary to prevent aggression, again IMHO.

Inspector

Re: Libertarian party event
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 06:45:54 AM »
The Libertarian Party of Hawaii is hosting a informal event this friday.  I'm not too familiar with them and their positions, I know they believe in the 2nd amendment, small government, and smoking weed.  And they never win elections.  Guess I'll find out soon.


As posted on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/events/134673650490287
Let's meet up at Lola's Bar & Grill at 1108 Keeaumoku St. Honolulu, HI 96814 on Friday, Oct 13th at 7pm. Meet in the back room. Call Joe Kent at 808-987-7322 if lost.  We'll talk about bitcoin, airbnb, uber/lyft, and the shared economy, and whatever else is on your mind.  Looking forward to meeting up with you, and talking story!
I am/have been a registered Libertarian for a long time. I am currently a registered Independent and would be a registered Libertarian and give the party my full support, if it were not for the fact that for the most part I feel they are not necessarily that interested in getting anyone elected. Just as an example, with the midterm elections coming up in about a year they should be concentrating on developing a statedgy for getting someone elected or at a minimum getting some candidates out to get the word out about what Libertarians are all about. But instead they want to get together and "talk about bitcoin, airbnb, uber/lyft, and the shared economy, and whatever else is on your mind."

I gave up on the Democrat Party, the Republican Party and then the Libertarian Party. There is no party that really represents my interests and thoughts. Though the Libertarians come the closest. If they were more organized and can rid themselves of all the infighting that goes on within the party I think if they can get the word out they might make some inroads into our government system. I would support that. I just cannot get behind do nothings....
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

rklapp

Re: Libertarian party event
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 07:50:27 AM »
Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
https://ronsreloading.wordpress.com/

gotnuance

Re: Libertarian party event
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 08:47:31 AM »
As views go, Libertarian is closer to the constitution than any other party IMHO.  I'd agree with most of the party values.  Only thing that I don't really like is the softer approach on national defense. (Mostly mind our own business.)  Which is fine most times, but sometimes a more proactive stance is necessary to prevent aggression, again IMHO.
+1

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

gotnuance

Re: Libertarian party event
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 08:49:50 AM »
As views go, Libertarian is closer to the constitution than any other party IMHO.  I'd agree with most of the party values.  Only thing that I don't really like is the softer approach on national defense. (Mostly mind our own business.)  Which is fine most times, but sometimes a more proactive stance is necessary to prevent aggression, again IMHO.
+1

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk