Six years later, HI Supreme Court says State can prosecute Deedy a 3rd time (Read 26143 times)

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Six years later, HI Supreme Court says State can prosecute Deedy a 3rd time
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2017, 09:32:51 PM »
deedy never id himself

According to Deedy, he showed Eldert his badge.  Others say they saw him take something out of his pocket to show Eldert, but couldn't see what it was. 

Logic says it was a badge.  Nothing else would make any sense.  The exchange was recorded on video, so we know he tried to show Eldert something before the scuffle started.

Eldert isn't here to say if he saw the badge or not, so the prosecution is making claims about Deedy's actions they can't prove.  It's easy to make claims and hope the defense doesn't have evidence to the contrary.

https://www.pressreader.com/usa/honolulu-star-advertiser/20140730/281522224224473
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

TastesLikeMetal

Re: Six years later, HI Supreme Court says State can prosecute Deedy a 3rd time
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2017, 10:01:37 PM »
Wonder if Myles Breiner is going to be his Lawyer this time around.

Lihikai

Re: Six years later, HI Supreme Court says State can prosecute Deedy a 3rd time
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2017, 10:27:31 PM »
He should stick with Thomas Otake.

changemyoil66

Re: Six years later, HI Supreme Court says State can prosecute Deedy a 3rd time
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2017, 08:48:10 AM »
He should involve Chin in this.  You know he wouldn't want to go up against a secret service agent and look bad when running for a seat.

eyeeatingfish

Re: Six years later, HI Supreme Court says State can prosecute Deedy a 3rd time
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2017, 09:13:19 PM »
your post, verbatim
"The toxicology said he had alcohol, marijuana, and cocaine in his system. I didn't see specifics as to what concentrations but I don't think we can conclude that he was not likely aggressive based on those results."

toxicology...concentrations...based on those results...
nowhere do I see you mention "statement based of witnesses" (whatever that means)

Flapp brought up the toxicology report saying that the toxicology report wasn't exactly consistent with Elderts being aggressive. I didn't originally base my comment of Elderts being aggressive on the toxicology report, I only replied to his comment about my statement of Elderts being aggressive.

macsak

Re: Six years later, HI Supreme Court says State can prosecute Deedy a 3rd time
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2017, 09:32:57 PM »
Flapp brought up the toxicology report saying that the toxicology report wasn't exactly consistent with Elderts being aggressive. I didn't originally base my comment of Elderts being aggressive on the toxicology report, I only replied to his comment about my statement of Elderts being aggressive.

you are making even less sense than normal

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Six years later, HI Supreme Court says State can prosecute Deedy a 3rd time
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2017, 09:56:14 PM »
Flapp brought up the toxicology report saying that the toxicology report wasn't exactly consistent with Elderts being aggressive. I didn't originally base my comment of Elderts being aggressive on the toxicology report, I only replied to his comment about my statement of Elderts being aggressive.

I didn't say the tox report wasn't consistent with Eldert's being aggressive.  I said your statement "if he was the aggressor" was not consistent with the facts.  The guy was intoxicated.  He attacked a federal agent who had just identified himself.  There is no "if he was the aggressor."  Based on the evidence, it's clear who started the fight.  "if"?  Not even.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

ren

Re: Six years later, HI Supreme Court says State can prosecute Deedy a 3rd time
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2017, 10:06:32 PM »
you are making even less sense than normal

Deeds Not Words

eyeeatingfish

Re: Six years later, HI Supreme Court says State can prosecute Deedy a 3rd time
« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2017, 08:56:27 PM »
I didn't say the tox report wasn't consistent with Eldert's being aggressive.  I said your statement "if he was the aggressor" was not consistent with the facts.  The guy was intoxicated.  He attacked a federal agent who had just identified himself.  There is no "if he was the aggressor."  Based on the evidence, it's clear who started the fight.  "if"?  Not even.

I am saying "if" because it is an allegation and because I wasn't there, I didn't hear all the testimony of the witnesses thus there are unknowns to me. Hence I said "if" to allow for the unknowns. I am trying to remain objective here rather than just declare someone innocent or guilty.

ren

Re: Six years later, HI Supreme Court says State can prosecute Deedy a 3rd time
« Reply #49 on: December 25, 2017, 09:04:56 PM »
I am saying "if" because it is an allegation and because I wasn't there, I didn't hear all the testimony of the witnesses thus there are unknowns to me. Hence I said "if" to allow for the unknowns. I am trying to remain objective here rather than just declare someone innocent or guilty.

you are making even less sense than normal

if there was a "normal"
Deeds Not Words

macsak

Re: Six years later, HI Supreme Court says State can prosecute Deedy a 3rd time
« Reply #50 on: December 25, 2017, 09:09:36 PM »
if there was a "normal"

no, it is normal to him to never state anything without saying "may" "if" "perhaps" "maybe" "might"

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Six years later, HI Supreme Court says State can prosecute Deedy a 3rd time
« Reply #51 on: December 25, 2017, 09:13:36 PM »
I am saying "if" because it is an allegation and because I wasn't there, I didn't hear all the testimony of the witnesses thus there are unknowns to me. Hence I said "if" to allow for the unknowns. I am trying to remain objective here rather than just declare someone innocent or guilty.

Translation:  "I didn't know the facts, because I can't figure out how Google works.  Therefore, I had to pull an opinion out of my ass to make myself feel relevant.  Asking others for facts or reserving judgement until I have more information is never an option for me.  As long as I use the word "objective" it doesn't matter how wrong I am."
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

pj_benn

Re: Six years later, HI Supreme Court says State can prosecute Deedy a 3rd time
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2017, 09:41:38 PM »
According to Deedy, he showed Eldert his badge.  Others say they saw him take something out of his pocket to show Eldert, but couldn't see what it was. 

Logic says it was a badge.  Nothing else would make any sense.  The exchange was recorded on video, so we know he tried to show Eldert something before the scuffle started.

Eldert isn't here to say if he saw the badge or not, so the prosecution is making claims about Deedy's actions they can't prove.  It's easy to make claims and hope the defense doesn't have evidence to the contrary.

https://www.pressreader.com/usa/honolulu-star-advertiser/20140730/281522224224473

the article says deeds friends gf gave some weak ass statement to support deedy. you buy that? who are the others you are referring to? possibly the same bs 'witness' who lied and said elderts threatened deedy with a knife that was later confirmed to be deedys knife?

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Six years later, HI Supreme Court says State can prosecute Deedy a 3rd time
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2017, 09:52:51 PM »
the article says deeds friends gf gave some weak ass statement to support deedy. you buy that? who are the others you are referring to? possibly the same bs 'witness' who lied and said elderts threatened deedy with a knife that was later confirmed to be deedys knife?

These people are not only testifying under oath (weak ass??), there is video corroborating their story to a degree.  Deedy showed Elderts SOMETHING he pulled out of a pocket.  You think he was offering him his extra ketchup packets?

Do I believe them?  I can only go on what was printed.  I didn't sit through the trials and testimony.  I have to believe what they said, since it makes sense, and there's video.  You choose not to believe ... you're welcome to your own opinion. 

Here are screenshots of him showing his badge, according to the defense.  You can take it as fact or not.  Whatever helps you feel better.



The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

changemyoil66

Re: Six years later, HI Supreme Court says State can prosecute Deedy a 3rd time
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2017, 08:58:47 AM »
Can't find a video, but apparently he didn't do it the way Agent Carter did it in Rush Hour 1. "flip the badge, then flip it back...flip the badge, then flip it back"