MEC 9000E FAILURE (Read 2537 times)

mrgaf

MEC 9000E FAILURE
« on: January 06, 2018, 10:48:57 PM »
Disgusted! My 9000E had a huge breakdown today during a reloading session. Everything was going great, loaded about 250 12ga target loads when all of a sudden I heard a huge bang (not a primer) like something snapping and the upper portion (bottom is the power unit) locked up tight as a drum. I had to remove the power unit from the actual press to relieve the pressure and one I did that I was able to get the press to the home position. Noticed the shell plate carrier was seriously bent like the ram went too far down and wreaked havoc on the shell plate. Some control rods suffered the same fate. There’s probably more damage but I’ll have to leave it to MEC to figure out what’s up. Sad part is 8 months ago I had to send the press back to MEC for a bent shell plate! This machine at that time was 5 months old  with less than 400 rounds reloaded. It cost me $150 to send it back and two months later got it back on their nickel. According to MEC there were defective parts and it was not set up correctly at the factory. It worked fine with 2000 more reloaded but primer feed problems would manifest every so often but I would tap the pi er one it entered the shell plate and it would be fine. I’m facing having to send it back again and lord know how. UCB it’s gonna cost me this time. Thinking seriously of cutting my loses, stock up on factory target ammo and get out of shotshell reloading. This machine cost me $1200 but I’m thinking it’ll be cheaper to shoot factory.... >:( oh well Monday another call to MEC.... bummer.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 11:16:08 PM by mrgaf »
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

mrgaf

Re: MEC 9000E FAILURE
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 10:35:40 AM »
Well MEC has the press. Called me today and said they are sending me a brand new upgraded press and automate (9000E) and will send me a shipping label to ship the automate back. They also said that the new press will be gone over with a fine tooth comb to ensure it operates flawlessly. Decided I’m gonna get out of reloading shotshell and will sell the entire set up which includes shot, wads, hulls, primers, a lot of powder etc etc. for the amount of trap shooting I do I can’t justity it.... :shaka:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

rklapp

Re: MEC 9000E FAILURE
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 12:10:20 PM »
Sounds like you need to cut back on the steroids cause you don’t know your own strength.  :)  ;)   :o
Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
https://ronsreloading.wordpress.com/

mrgaf

Re: MEC 9000E FAILURE
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 04:02:06 PM »
Sounds like you need to cut back on the steroids cause you don’t know your own strength.  :)  ;)   :o
Hahahahaha well at least my fat arse thumbs... this contraption has its own power..  just push two buttons at once after loading a hull and wad and baddah boom baddah bing you got a shotshell...... of course a few beers helps with the boredom..... :wacko:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.