Be conscious of your legislative testimony (Read 6025 times)

aieahound

Be conscious of your legislative testimony
« on: February 08, 2018, 10:59:12 AM »
As the title says, be conscious of what you submit in your legislative testimony and don't go off the rails.

My testimony on SB2290 (the sanctuary state bill) just got published in the paper.

I know most of us don't and present well thought out ideas but just a heads up.
It's totally public record.

rklapp

Re: Be conscious of your legislative testimony
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 11:09:32 AM »
You're famous!
Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
https://ronsreloading.wordpress.com/

aieahound

Re: Be conscious of your legislative testimony
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 11:12:49 AM »
Infamous in Liberal Hawaii.

tillamook

Re: Be conscious of your legislative testimony
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 11:40:42 AM »
my next testimony is going to be "you dont read this or consider anything I say because you either have no critical thinking skills or someone paid you off.  I cant remember when we had people representing us rather than dictating what they think we need" 

The paper can publish that if they want

rpoL98

Re: Be conscious of your legislative testimony
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 12:58:59 PM »
wow, thanks for the heads-up.  just went in and changed my "name" on my acct (for future testimony).  that was dumb of me.  I had figured that for "testimony", gotta be the real you, not an alias.  thought it was one of these "swear on the bible, do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth so help you God?"  not sure if they still say the "God" and bible part anymore nowadays.  too much court room TV?

oh well, what's submitted, is submitted, there for the public record, can't change that.  sure as heck hope they don't print mine, otherwise, all kinds of friends, relatives, co-workers be calling me up, calling me an extremist, etc.  Yikes!

slap my forehead.

aieahound

Re: Be conscious of your legislative testimony
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 01:41:45 PM »
my next testimony is going to be "you dont read this or consider anything I say because you either have no critical thinking skills or someone paid you off.  I cant remember when we had people representing us rather than dictating what they think we need" 

The paper can publish that if they want

I love it !  :thumbsup:
Maybe that's how I'll end all my future testimony.
"Unfortunately, you don't read our testimony. Please consider that the next time you vote for a Bill that has over 100 testimonies Against and Less than 10 For. You represent the People (and the State Constitution / or just Constitution) You are not tasked with dictating to us what you think we need"

Can edit for or against and need/don't need as applicable. 
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 01:51:19 PM by aieahound »

punaperson

Re: Be conscious of your legislative testimony
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2018, 02:19:32 PM »
As the title says, be conscious of what you submit in your legislative testimony and don't go off the rails.
If I lay out the case that they have taken an oath to uphold the constitution, quote the constitution, quote the SCOTUS decisions that support a particular view of what that part of the constitution means, and note that because they do nothing to change the unconstitutional laws year after year despite bills being introduced to change them, and thus they are oath breakers and traitors, is that "off the rails" or "just the facts"?

I need to know because I've already sent that to almost all of them several times.

tillamook

Re: Be conscious of your legislative testimony
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2018, 02:21:50 PM »
If I lay out the case that they have taken an oath to uphold the constitution, quote the constitution, quote the SCOTUS decisions that support a particular view of what that part of the constitution means, and note that because they do nothing to change the unconstitutional laws year after year despite bills being introduced to change them, and thus they are oath breakers and traitors, is that "off the rails" or "just the facts"?

I need to know because I've already sent that to almost all of them several times.

Dont worry, the news papers dont quote facts. 

aieahound

Re: Be conscious of your legislative testimony
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2018, 02:22:19 PM »
If I lay out the case that they have taken an oath to uphold the constitution, quote the constitution, quote the SCOTUS decisions that support a particular view of what that part of the constitution means, and note that because they do nothing to change the unconstitutional laws year after year despite bills being introduced to change them, and thus they are oath breakers and traitors, is that "off the rails" or "just the facts"?

I need to know because I've already sent that to almost all of them several times.

That's just THE FACTS !  :shaka:
Yup. Won't be reported though.
We can only wish.

edster48

Re: Be conscious of your legislative testimony
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2018, 06:09:45 PM »
They're welcome to publish anything I send in as testimony.

They can put it up in lights on the capitol building.

I'll have f*cking t-shirts made up if it'll get these tide pod eating leg humpers to pay attention.
Always be yourself.
Unless you can be a pirate.
Then always be a pirate.

Q

Re: Be conscious of your legislative testimony
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2018, 08:27:27 PM »
 My testimony was also published nationally.

Was brought up by someone during a background check / assessment phase.

I've also heard rumors of a list being kept in the firearm dungeon of people who are outspoken on anti-firearm legislation, but you'll need to confirm with your friendly neighborhood secret pd guy.

macsak

Re: Be conscious of your legislative testimony
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2018, 09:26:18 PM »
My testimony was also published nationally.

Was brought up by someone during a background check / assessment phase.

I've also heard rumors of a list being kept in the firearm dungeon of people who are outspoken on anti-firearm legislation, but you'll need to confirm with your friendly neighborhood secret pd guy.

oh, they are definitely watching

tillamook

Re: Be conscious of your legislative testimony
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2018, 07:59:15 AM »
My testimony was also published nationally.

Was brought up by someone during a background check / assessment phase.

I've also heard rumors of a list being kept in the firearm dungeon of people who are outspoken on anti-firearm legislation, but you'll need to confirm with your friendly neighborhood secret pd guy.

"Please submit your testimony below.  Everything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law"

tillamook

Re: Be conscious of your legislative testimony
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2018, 09:55:03 AM »
If I was going to request a FOIA type request for state records on testimony being saved for purpose of determination of firearm permits, where do you think I should send it?