Administration does not support an Assault Weapon Ban (Read 1834 times)

Bunker

Administration does not support an Assault Weapon Ban
« on: February 22, 2018, 07:23:34 PM »
I never believed this was on the table but this is a little reassuring nevertheless, although no telling what our local politicians still have up their sleeve.

"White House principal deputy press secretary Raj Shah reiterated to reporters at Thursday's press briefing that “no idea” or “potential solution” is off the table, but he also qualified that stance, adding that the administration does not think “the immediate policy response would be to ban an entire class of firearms.”

“What we're looking for are solutions that don't ban a class of firearms for all individuals but ban all weapons for certain individuals who are identified as threats to public safety,” Shah told reporters."

Heavies

Re: Administration does not support an Assault Weapon Ban
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 09:14:11 PM »
I have a bad feeling about Hawaii.  Hope we all can get organized before that.  And I hope you all vote

6716J

Re: Administration does not support an Assault Weapon Ban
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 08:08:08 AM »
I have a bad feeling about Hawaii.  Hope we all can get organized before that.  And I hope you all vote

Vote like my life depends on it... Cause it might
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.