Things That “Take Away” From Your Gun Funds (Read 19333 times)

drck1000

Things That “Take Away” From Your Gun Funds
« on: May 01, 2018, 03:31:34 PM »
What are some things that “take away” from your gun funds?

My fridge sprung a leak in the valve for the ice maker. So almost $300 to fix.  :(  >:(

I guess I should he happy that they found to problem and hopefully can fix it today.

macsak

Re: Things That “Take Away” From Your Gun Funds
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 03:43:37 PM »
What are some things that “take away” from your gun funds?

My fridge sprung a leak in the valve for the ice maker. So almost $300 to fix.  :(  >:(

I guess I should he happy that they found to problem and hopefully can fix it today.

life
adulting

drck1000

Re: Things That “Take Away” From Your Gun Funds
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 05:25:46 PM »
life
adulting
Yeah. Adulting.

I used that word with a couple of friends and they hadn’t heard of it. They have two young kids and do a lot of adulting.

Inspector

Re: Things That “Take Away” From Your Gun Funds
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 07:04:33 PM »
2017 started with the water heater ($1,200) going south, my wife's car ended up needing $2k worth of work over a 3 month period in two separate visits to the mechanic. My truck needed $1,400 worth of work. HOA made us paint our house, $4,800. I got sick (flu and pneumonia at the same time) and had to be off over 3 weeks from work without pay. My wife lost her job in May and can no longer work so we have a permanent loss of income. Over $9k worth of medical bills between my wife and I in 2017.

My savings took a huge hit in 2017. I even sold a few guns in 2017 to help with the bills.

2018 is looking up.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

drck1000

Re: Things That “Take Away” From Your Gun Funds
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2018, 07:48:26 PM »
2017 started with the water heater ($1,200) going south, my wife's car ended up needing $2k worth of work over a 3 month period in two separate visits to the mechanic. My truck needed $1,400 worth of work. HOA made us paint our house, $4,800. I got sick (flu and pneumonia at the same time) and had to be off over 3 weeks from work without pay. My wife lost her job in May and can no longer work so we have a permanent loss of income. Over $9k worth of medical bills between my wife and I in 2017.

My savings took a huge hit in 2017. I even sold a few guns in 2017 to help with the bills.

2018 is looking up.
Yeah, you’ve been having a tough go of it lately. I’ve put a bunch of time and some of my $$$ into helping with my dad’s health issues. He’s got excellent insurance, so mostly time and some loss sleep. But otherwise can’t complain. Being able to spend more time with him is good.

GlockNewb

Re: Things That “Take Away” From Your Gun Funds
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2018, 07:58:04 PM »
$350 on a broken windshield, looking about $1k to replace a computer. Not terrible all in all.
"Fast is slow, slow is smooth, smooth is fast."

rklapp

Re: Things That “Take Away” From Your Gun Funds
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2018, 12:24:31 AM »
The owners of the house we are renting want their house back. Go figure...
Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
https://ronsreloading.wordpress.com/

oldfart

Re: Things That “Take Away” From Your Gun Funds
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2018, 12:47:25 AM »
2017 started with the water heater ($1,200) going south, my wife's car ended up needing $2k worth of work over a 3 month period in two separate visits to the mechanic. My truck needed $1,400 worth of work. HOA made us paint our house, $4,800. I got sick (flu and pneumonia at the same time) and had to be off over 3 weeks from work without pay. My wife lost her job in May and can no longer work so we have a permanent loss of income. Over $9k worth of medical bills between my wife and I in 2017.

My savings took a huge hit in 2017. I even sold a few guns in 2017 to help with the bills.

2018 is looking up.
....
Hmmm, pretty bad year for you.

While I am not as unfortunate as you, I took some hits in 2017.
Kidney stone, >2k
Tax liability >3k
Crack windshield 300
Wheel bearings 300
I'm considering selling my old SUV.

2018 not looking too good for taxes either.
But hey!
I can still walk to the toilet by myself ....life is good.
What, Me Worry?

Inspector

Re: Things That “Take Away” From Your Gun Funds
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2018, 05:38:29 AM »
Yeah, you’ve been having a tough go of it lately. I’ve put a bunch of time and some of my $$$ into helping with my dad’s health issues. He’s got excellent insurance, so mostly time and some loss sleep. But otherwise can’t complain. Being able to spend more time with him is good.
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope your Dad's health issues get better. An offshoot of poor health with my wife is that I spend a lot more time with her. It has truly been a pleasure. I suspect your Dad's health issues has caused you to spend more time with him?
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

Inspector

Re: Things That “Take Away” From Your Gun Funds
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2018, 05:40:56 AM »
....
Hmmm, pretty bad year for you.

While I am not as unfortunate as you, I took some hits in 2017.
Kidney stone, >2k
Tax liability >3k
Crack windshield 300
Wheel bearings 300
I'm considering selling my old SUV.

2018 not looking too good for taxes either.
But hey!
I can still walk to the toilet by myself ....life is good.
Sorry to hear about last year. I hope this year gets better.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

drck1000

Re: Things That “Take Away” From Your Gun Funds
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2018, 06:29:02 AM »
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope your Dad's health issues get better. An offshoot of poor health with my wife is that I spend a lot more time with her. It has truly been a pleasure. I suspect your Dad's health issues has caused you to spend more time with him?
Yeah, been spending a lot more time with him due to his health issues. Some were due to planned procedures and also others that came up. Overall, good to spend more time with him in any case.

Rocky

Re: Things That “Take Away” From Your Gun Funds
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2018, 07:54:44 AM »
     I'm hesitant to specifically call them "gun funds"

     Cracked windshield ($300), replace my truck ($21K) and totally replace Rockette's brakes and bearings front and rear ($300+) but I did not have a "vehicle fund".
I had to replace my on demand gas water heater ($700) that died after 10 yrs . and rebuild  gas stove ($150) but had no  "appliance funds".
Emergency trip to the Mainland ($3K)but had no "hospice fund".
Bad work year due to injuries also ate into savings
   
.    Our firearms and training are just as necessary as transportation, hot water, cooking and taking care of our loved ones
We do what we gotta do with what we have.
Now if you'd say what takes away from my "Gun Fun's"  ::)

p.s.
OF,  that's not the toilet, that's the round white garbage can.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

oldfart

Re: Things That “Take Away” From Your Gun Funds
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2018, 08:40:39 AM »
what's up with all these cracked windshields????
What, Me Worry?

hvybarrels

Re: Things That “Take Away” From Your Gun Funds
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2018, 08:11:38 PM »
Just lost my number one gig. Gotta move cause landlord is selling the house.

And a cracked windshield. I kid you not.
“A Communist system can be recognized by the fact that it spares the criminals and criminalizes the political opponent.”   -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

WTF?Shane

Re: Things That “Take Away” From Your Gun Funds
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2018, 08:15:36 PM »
New vehicle loan.

GlockNewb

Re: Things That “Take Away” From Your Gun Funds
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2018, 09:20:22 PM »
what's up with all these cracked windshields????

City & County of Honolulu keeps all the roads in perfect condition
:D
"Fast is slow, slow is smooth, smooth is fast."

Drakiir84

Re: Things That “Take Away” From Your Gun Funds
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2018, 09:35:35 PM »
What are some things that “take away” from your gun funds?

My fridge sprung a leak in the valve for the ice maker. So almost $300 to fix.  :(  >:(

I guess I should he happy that they found to problem and hopefully can fix it today.
This one has taken all my gun funds.  NICU ain't cheap unless you're Micronesian.


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

"The rifle is a weapon. Let there be no mistake about that. It is a tool of power, and thus dependent completely upon the moral stature of its user. It is equally useful in securing meat for the table, destroying group enemies on the battlefield, and resisting tyranny. In fact, it is the only means of resisting tyranny, since a citizenry armed with rifles simply cannot be tyrannized."
-Jeff Cooper

oldfart

Re: Things That “Take Away” From Your Gun Funds
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2018, 09:44:15 PM »
Oh yeah, babies cost money. Congrats again brother....happy for you. :thumbsup: :shaka: :D
What, Me Worry?

changemyoil66

Re: Things That “Take Away” From Your Gun Funds
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2018, 10:32:26 AM »
At the end of 2017 and early 2018, I had the following luck:

1) Car window bashed (UEMV)-$500
2) Loss in Vegas-$2,000 (first time in 3 years not breaking even)
3) New tires-$400
4) New breaks-$800
5) Eye exam/contact lens-$500
6) New TV-$500

Overall $4,700.  This is why I was so pake at the gun show and didn't buy a case of 223 ammo.  Instead bought the 250 Armscor box for $75.

I was going to buy a SIG 1911 and a 22 rifle, but had to wait.

***Added info: Just read the rest of the thread and I guess I can't complain.  It could be worst.  Everything cost me only property.  My health is ok for now compared to others.  Wish all you guys the best of health/luck.

oldfart

Re: Things That “Take Away” From Your Gun Funds
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2018, 11:25:05 AM »
At the end of 2017 and early 2018, I had the following luck:

1) Car window bashed (UEMV)-$500
2) Loss in Vegas-$2,000 (first time in 3 years not breaking even)

***Added info: Just read the rest of the thread and I guess I can't complain.  It could be worst.  Everything cost me only property.  My health is ok for now compared to others.  Wish all you guys the best of health/luck.
===========
ANOTHER car window????
What, Me Worry?