Things That “Take Away” From Your Gun Funds (Read 19385 times)

changemyoil66

Re: Things That “Take Away” From Your Gun Funds
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2018, 12:42:21 PM »
We all are on the gun registration list with our addresses...hmmmmm....

Heavies

Re: Things That “Take Away” From Your Gun Funds
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2018, 01:03:48 PM »
This one has taken all my gun funds.  NICU ain't cheap unless you're Micronesian.


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk


CONGRATS! 

drck1000

Re: Things That “Take Away” From Your Gun Funds
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2018, 07:37:53 AM »
Slow tire leak. Hope it’s a cheap fix.  :(

Drakiir84

Re: Things That “Take Away” From Your Gun Funds
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2018, 07:55:44 AM »
Slow tire leak. Hope it’s a cheap fix.  :(

Just put bubble gum on it.
"The rifle is a weapon. Let there be no mistake about that. It is a tool of power, and thus dependent completely upon the moral stature of its user. It is equally useful in securing meat for the table, destroying group enemies on the battlefield, and resisting tyranny. In fact, it is the only means of resisting tyranny, since a citizenry armed with rifles simply cannot be tyrannized."
-Jeff Cooper

drck1000

Re: Things That “Take Away” From Your Gun Funds
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2018, 07:57:39 AM »
Just put bubble gum on it.
I’d have to find “it”

And not “that’s what she said” comments.  ;D

 :rofl:

oldfart

Re: Things That “Take Away” From Your Gun Funds
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2018, 08:31:01 AM »
My SUV died on Monday and had to have it towed to the shop.
That's a new rifle or pistol down the tubes automatically.
What, Me Worry?

ren

Re: Things That “Take Away” From Your Gun Funds
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2018, 08:36:07 AM »
This one has taken all my gun funds.  NICU ain't cheap unless you're Micronesian.


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Congratulations.
You mean Micronesians have special VIP access?
Deeds Not Words

drck1000

Re: Things That “Take Away” From Your Gun Funds
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2018, 08:44:37 AM »
My SUV died on Monday and had to have it towed to the shop.
That's a new rifle or pistol down the tubes automatically.
Damn, that sucks.  Not only the expenses, but the hassle.  The alternator died twice on my last car.  Aside from the car blowing up or otherwise being totalled, probably one of the worst things with a car since it happens suddenly and your car is disabled. 

Hope it's something minor and easily fixed.  I ended up with a "bolt in my tire" (the counter reps words), so $21 fix and super quick. 

changemyoil66

Re: Things That “Take Away” From Your Gun Funds
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2018, 09:03:48 AM »
We should do a spreadsheet that shows how many guns were not bought due to "shit happening".

Inspector

Re: Things That “Take Away” From Your Gun Funds
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2018, 12:31:34 PM »
Slow tire leak. Hope it’s a cheap fix.  :(
I have had two in the last month or so. First one was a piece of glass and the second one last week was a nail. Bought the tires at Costco so they fix them at no charge. I drop off the tire to them and a couple hours later they call me and let me know it's fixed. First time I picked it up and changed the tire out myself. This time I made an appointment and brought the truck in and they remounted the tire for me. They even put the spare back in its proper place.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

Inspector

Re: Things That “Take Away” From Your Gun Funds
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2018, 12:33:51 PM »
My SUV died on Monday and had to have it towed to the shop.
That's a new rifle or pistol down the tubes automatically.
Sorry to hear it OF. Do you know what the problem is yet? I hope its nothing expensive.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

drck1000

Re: Things That “Take Away” From Your Gun Funds
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2018, 12:43:51 PM »
I have had two in the last month or so. First one was a piece of glass and the second one last week was a nail. Bought the tires at Costco so they fix them at no charge. I drop off the tire to them and a couple hours later they call me and let me know it's fixed. First time I picked it up and changed the tire out myself. This time I made an appointment and brought the truck in and they remounted the tire for me. They even put the spare back in its proper place.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
That's some good service.

I haven't had this car for a year yet and I've had a flat and a slow leak already. Both on the passenger rear tire.  The tires were rotated in between those instances, so it isn't the same tire.  But thankfully, both were inexpensive fixes.  When I had a 4Runner in WA, I was about 45k in, so plenty of tire life left.  Anyways, slow leak and apparently it was a screw in the area where the tire transitions from flat driving surface to the side wall and reported not able to patch.   >:(

changemyoil66

Re: Things That “Take Away” From Your Gun Funds
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2018, 01:13:11 PM »
I had a slow leak in 1 of my tires.  About once  a month I had to add air.  Went from 38 psi to 30 psi.  I didn't want to spend the money and this went on for about a year until I really needed new tires.  Saved some cash.  And it only cost me time. But the crappy part is most air at gas stations were broken.  Someone either jammed a non-quarter in it or the attachment was missing totally.  Ended up going to a jiffy lube and tipping a few bucks each time.

oldfart

Re: Things That “Take Away” From Your Gun Funds
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2018, 01:16:27 PM »
Sorry to hear it OF. Do you know what the problem is yet? I hope its nothing expensive.
....
My guess is fuel pump.
What, Me Worry?

drck1000

Re: Things That “Take Away” From Your Gun Funds
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2018, 01:19:27 PM »
I had a slow leak in 1 of my tires.  About once  a month I had to add air.  Went from 38 psi to 30 psi.  I didn't want to spend the money and this went on for about a year until I really needed new tires.  Saved some cash.  And it only cost me time. But the crappy part is most air at gas stations were broken.  Someone either jammed a non-quarter in it or the attachment was missing totally.  Ended up going to a jiffy lube and tipping a few bucks each time.
I did that on my old car.  It was a PITA because that car had only the low pressure sensor, but didn't tell you which tire.  I had an air compressor that runs on the car DC power and that kept me going for a while until I could get it checked out. 

This past one, I would lose about 1-2 psi every couple of days.  This car has a sensor for each tire, so it was easy to track. 

oldfart

Re: Things That “Take Away” From Your Gun Funds
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2018, 03:44:45 PM »
Sorry to hear it OF. Do you know what the problem is yet? I hope its nothing expensive.
....
Got a message. It's $700 to fix everything. Not too bad.
What, Me Worry?

Inspector

Re: Things That “Take Away” From Your Gun Funds
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2018, 05:59:22 AM »
....
Got a message. It's $700 to fix everything. Not too bad.
I think you lucked out. Every time I have had to take in my truck or my wife’s SUV the bill was over $1k each time.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

Inspector

Re: Things That “Take Away” From Your Gun Funds
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2018, 06:07:22 AM »
That's some good service.

I haven't had this car for a year yet and I've had a flat and a slow leak already. Both on the passenger rear tire.  The tires were rotated in between those instances, so it isn't the same tire.  But thankfully, both were inexpensive fixes.  When I had a 4Runner in WA, I was about 45k in, so plenty of tire life left.  Anyways, slow leak and apparently it was a screw in the area where the tire transitions from flat driving surface to the side wall and reported not able to patch.   >:(
The tires I bought from Costco are Michelin tires. Never had Michelin’s before. Generally speaking I am happy with them. They are supposed to be 70k mile tires and it looks like I am going to get that out of them. Or at least pretty close to that. I’ll buy Michelin tires again. But I am going to add that there is only about 10k miles of tread left on them so some time this year I will be buying a new set of tires.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

drck1000

Re: Things That “Take Away” From Your Gun Funds
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2018, 06:54:36 AM »
The tires I bought from Costco are Michelin tires. Never had Michelin’s before. Generally speaking I am happy with them. They are supposed to be 70k mile tires and it looks like I am going to get that out of them. Or at least pretty close to that. I’ll buy Michelin tires again. But I am going to add that there is only about 10k miles of tread left on them so some time this year I will be buying a new set of tires.
I don't even know what I have on my current car.  Goodyear I think.  I've had good experiences with Goodyear with my 4Runner.  My last car, I had a range of tires.  I had a set of Michelin and I think they were good.  Just that the performance tires for that car were in the 12-15k range.  I ended up going to some "good performance" tires and even those were only in the 18-20k range because of the damn camber. 

Hope your tires last for a while.  More gun money.   ;D Maybe a new revolver. 

Inspector

Re: Things That “Take Away” From Your Gun Funds
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2018, 07:38:36 AM »
I don't even know what I have on my current car.  Goodyear I think.  I've had good experiences with Goodyear with my 4Runner.  My last car, I had a range of tires.  I had a set of Michelin and I think they were good.  Just that the performance tires for that car were in the 12-15k range.  I ended up going to some "good performance" tires and even those were only in the 18-20k range because of the damn camber. 

Hope your tires last for a while.  More gun money.   ;D Maybe a new revolver.
I had actually typed more then deleted. I have had good luck with Goodyear tires over the years. I always felt that they were a good balance of cost and quality. I have had terrible luck with Firestone/Bridgestone tires. As an example, the OEM tires on my Tacoma were Firestone/Bridgestone. At about 30k miles 2 of the tires developed bulges in the sidewalls. I ran them until 32k miles then bought the Michelins I currently have. Right now I have 91K miles on my truck so right about 60k miles on the tires.

My wife and I owned a couple of BMW’s back in the early 2000’s. Her car didn’t have the camber issue but mine did. Performance tires are VERY expensive. Back then I set of really good tires were $1k. If I bought a decent set it was $800. With my wife’s car I got 15k-18k miles. But with my car 10k-12k was pretty much it. Got rid of them due to the high maintenance costs and the frequency of maintaining them.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!