Hotmail filtering my Midway USA emails, maybe? (Read 2862 times)

rustyeleio

Hotmail filtering my Midway USA emails, maybe?
« on: May 17, 2018, 11:31:19 AM »
Nothing critical but I just noticed that Hotmail is auto filtering my MidwayUSA emails to the junk mail folder for several weeks.  It never did that before and I always open them before trashing and I never placed them in the junk folder so might be some shenanigans here.  ??? :wtf:

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Hotmail filtering my Midway USA emails, maybe?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 11:51:59 AM »
Nothing critical but I just noticed that Hotmail is auto filtering my MidwayUSA emails to the junk mail folder for several weeks.  It never did that before and I always open them before trashing and I never placed them in the junk folder so might be some shenanigans here.  ??? :wtf:

Lots of mail services change filters whenever they get complaints or see SPAM.  Make sure the FROM address is in your address book for that mail service, and in your mail client (Outlook, Smartphone mail client, etc.) if you use POP or IMAP to get mail from that server.

Having the address saved lets the service know you already know/trust the sender.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

rustyeleio

Re: Hotmail filtering my Midway USA emails, maybe?
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 12:07:13 PM »
Lots of mail services change filters whenever they get complaints or see SPAM.  Make sure the FROM address is in your address book for that mail service, and in your mail client (Outlook, Smartphone mail client, etc.) if you use POP or IMAP to get mail from that server.

Having the address saved lets the service know you already know/trust the sender.

Shoots, I added them to my contact list.  We'll see what happens.  Mahalos for the suggestion.

Inspector

Re: Hotmail filtering my Midway USA emails, maybe?
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 01:32:01 PM »
Nothing critical but I just noticed that Hotmail is auto filtering my MidwayUSA emails to the junk mail folder for several weeks.  It never did that before and I always open them before trashing and I never placed them in the junk folder so might be some shenanigans here.  ??? :wtf:
Happens to me with my gmail account also.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

drck1000

Re: Hotmail filtering my Midway USA emails, maybe?
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 01:43:09 PM »
I stopped using Hotmail many years ago since they seemed to get hacked quite a bit.  I went to gmail.  However, when I switched, I also created different gmail accounts for family and close friends, online shopping and stuff, and another for shooting specific.  The shooting specific one is yahoo. 

My gmail account doesn't filter Midway, Brownells, etc.  It will randomly send emails from all different sources to spam.  Sometimes even Longs/CVS.  I just check in there every so often. 

Seems like you get the Brownells emails just fine, so that's one of the main things!  :thumbsup:

rustyeleio

Re: Hotmail filtering my Midway USA emails, maybe?
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 02:13:37 PM »

Seems like you get the Brownells emails just fine, so that's one of the main things!  :thumbsup:

Hell yeah!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

justin1098

Re: Hotmail filtering my Midway USA emails, maybe?
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 10:16:59 PM »
I wouldn't mind it much. I must get 3 emails a day from midway.

rustyeleio

Re: Hotmail filtering my Midway USA emails, maybe?
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2018, 12:01:49 PM »
Lots of mail services change filters whenever they get complaints or see SPAM.  Make sure the FROM address is in your address book for that mail service, and in your mail client (Outlook, Smartphone mail client, etc.) if you use POP or IMAP to get mail from that server.

Having the address saved lets the service know you already know/trust the sender.

That seems to have taken care of the issue.  My paranoia has subsided.  :rofl:  Thanks Flapp!