LV Metro dont take no sh*t (Read 4466 times)

changemyoil66

LV Metro dont take no sh*t
« on: July 16, 2018, 08:18:30 PM »

oldfart

Re: LV Metro dont take no sh*t
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 09:18:58 PM »
Herewith is a longer version of the chase.
You can hear the perps shooting a lot of rounds during the pursuit.

What, Me Worry?

ren

Re: LV Metro dont take no sh*t
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 09:42:25 PM »
so much for push pull steering
its shoot through dash steering :thumbsup: :rofl:
Deeds Not Words

Soleyobo

Re: LV Metro dont take no sh*t
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 05:57:34 AM »
Is the hand gun a Glock?

Rocky

Re: LV Metro dont take no sh*t
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 06:21:58 AM »
Just goes to show how adrenaline can mess with your basic reload.
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

changemyoil66

Re: LV Metro dont take no sh*t
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 08:47:08 AM »
Seems like he had to use his strong hand to remove his seat belt.  That's why he switched to support hand for the gun.  But he didn't realize he was empty either.  So that combined with having to grab a mag from his left side added to the fumble.

But he did a good job working through the problem and went home.

This is one of the main reasons why I don't count my shots.  I want to be surprised when I have to reload.  But then again, 10 isn't that high of a number to count to vs. 15-17.

zippz

Re: LV Metro dont take no sh*t
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2018, 09:05:09 AM »
Seems like he had to use his strong hand to remove his seat belt.  That's why he switched to support hand for the gun.  But he didn't realize he was empty either.  So that combined with having to grab a mag from his left side added to the fumble.

Good example of how simple things get messed up under stress.  He got it done and kept on going.  This is why you practice using both sides.

Thats some hardcore stuff.  Cant wait for HDF skill builder on shooting while driving.

drck1000

Re: LV Metro dont take no sh*t
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 09:12:44 AM »
Saw that on FB last night.  The comments on the link posted and another link were pretty, uh, interesting. 

That was pretty intense.  I'll have to watch the press conference video on the incident later for detail.  I'll leave the detailed criticisms for the experts.  While he certainly could have handled many things better, he stopped the threat and went home (apparently) unscathed.  So  :thumbsup:

rklapp

Re: LV Metro dont take no sh*t
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2018, 01:12:34 PM »
That used to be my neighborhood. I wondered why he didn't shoot at the tires instead of the perps, but the Chief said their policy is to use deadly force against the perps and not to disable the vehicle. Interesting...

« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 01:22:15 PM by rklapp »
Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
https://ronsreloading.wordpress.com/

Flapp_Jackson

Re: LV Metro dont take no sh*t
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2018, 03:29:55 PM »
That used to be my neighborhood. I wondered why he didn't shoot at the tires instead of the perps, but the Chief said their policy is to use deadly force against the perps and not to disable the vehicle. Interesting...

Because stopping the vehicle doesn't stop the threat. It just slows them down.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

6716J

Re: LV Metro dont take no sh*t
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2018, 04:05:38 PM »
That used to be my neighborhood. I wondered why he didn't shoot at the tires instead of the perps, but the Chief said their policy is to use deadly force against the perps and not to disable the vehicle. Interesting...


Dats why I lived Spring Valley. Don't be messing with the Sultan or Steve Wynn neighborhood

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

groveler

Re: LV Metro dont take no sh*t
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2018, 04:46:07 PM »
Very brave man.
But it sure looks like "Spray and Pray".
I'm a fairly good shot but how do you recover and aim that fast?
It looks like he was doing "Grazing fire". but he was the only guy there
to shoot the bad guys.
I'm certainly not going to "Monday morning Quarterback" a man
scared shiiteless and try to stop a dangerous person.
Slow it down a bit and aim, it might work better.

rklapp

Re: LV Metro dont take no sh*t
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2018, 05:16:56 PM »
I'm just saying that he had a clear shot at the rear right tire but fired into the vehicle instead. He musta hit something because they did slow down quickly.

When will the HDF start their "shoot through the windshield" drills. That would be awesome (just not mine).
Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
https://ronsreloading.wordpress.com/