Made key chains from crushed M16 receivers. What do you guys think? (Read 2678 times)

michaelkih

A while back I picked up a bunch of crushed M16 receivers.  The joke with my friends was that I liked my Colt M16 A1 so much, that I wanted more than one, but this was all I could get.  LOL.

Anyways, I finally got around to doing what I wanted to do with them.  Dremel, paint to highlight the writing and "age" them, time, patience, and this is the end result!  Took about an hour per dog tag.  I know they are just a freaking key chain now, which sucks ass, but it is better than them completely being gone forever.  Kind of cool too since it's a piece of an actual machine gun.  Just something fun, and I really like how they turned out.  What do you guys think? 


zippz

Re: Made key chains from crushed M16 receivers. What do you guys think?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 11:40:01 PM »
That is so cool.  Wish you could make tons more, could sell it for a fundraiser.

michaelkih

Re: Made key chains from crushed M16 receivers. What do you guys think?
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 11:49:57 PM »
That is so cool.  Wish you could make tons more, could sell it for a fundraiser.

Yea, now that they are no longer available, I really wish I would have bought more of these!

drck1000

Re: Made key chains from crushed M16 receivers. What do you guys think?
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 07:13:07 AM »
That's pretty cool.  I'd get one as a fundraiser and put it on my range bag.   :thumbsup:

dwela

Re: Made key chains from crushed M16 receivers. What do you guys think?
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2018, 05:10:38 PM »
Nice job, that’d be the closest I’d ever get to owning an M16.