Question for Vets (Read 4559 times)

Soleyobo

Question for Vets
« on: August 18, 2018, 12:58:13 AM »
Any of you guys use the VA as your primary health care plan?  My employer health care plan is $$$ wondering if VA is worth it and dropping my current health care plan.  I'm well aware of the horror stories of the VA. 

Drakiir84

Re: Question for Vets
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 07:17:58 AM »
Any of you guys use the VA as your primary health care plan?  My employer health care plan is $$$ wondering if VA is worth it and dropping my current health care plan.  I'm well aware of the horror stories of the VA.

Not once, not ever.
"The rifle is a weapon. Let there be no mistake about that. It is a tool of power, and thus dependent completely upon the moral stature of its user. It is equally useful in securing meat for the table, destroying group enemies on the battlefield, and resisting tyranny. In fact, it is the only means of resisting tyranny, since a citizenry armed with rifles simply cannot be tyrannized."
-Jeff Cooper

Q

Re: Question for Vets
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 07:54:30 AM »
.

robtmc

Re: Question for Vets
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2018, 08:47:22 AM »
Never used them for anything.  Pay for my own HC.  Being over 65 cuts down the cost quite a bit.

edit:

Years back my wife bugged me to sign up with the VA.  Did so and got a notice that since I was working, most all expenses were mine.

Never contacted them after retiring.  If it ever gets to a point where i can choose the practiioner and it be like a HMO/PPO, may change my mind.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 07:21:18 PM by robtmc »

mrgaf

Re: Question for Vets
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2018, 09:51:19 PM »
Just went a couple of times to get my disability.......
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

dustoff003

Re: Question for Vets
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2018, 07:26:53 AM »
Haven’t went yet and don’t plan on it, I did register online for the burn pit registery so I am probably in the system. As long as I am able to work and or have other health care options I do not intend to use the VA it would be my last resort.

Soleyobo

Re: Question for Vets
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2018, 12:17:41 AM »
So the general consensus is no. 
 O0

WTF?Shane

Re: Question for Vets
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2018, 10:16:37 PM »
So the general consensus is no. 
 O0

 :thumbsup:

Colt808

Re: Question for Vets
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2018, 10:40:42 PM »
Any of you guys use the VA as your primary health care plan?  My employer health care plan is $$$ wondering if VA is worth it and dropping my current health care plan.  I'm well aware of the horror stories of the VA.
I used VA medical as my primary for a few years in the 90's because it was a cheap alternative while finishing law school. During that time, a poorly trained physician diagnosed intermittent insomnia as Gulf War syndrome and a chart mix up almost led to testicular cancer surgery for minor groin injury.  I ended up paying out of pocket for second opinions that fixed the problems with a prescription for 10 Valium and ice packs/rest. This is not some anecdotal horror story...My only two visits to the VA almost got me hooked on Prozac and neutered.

That said, it was a long time ago and they seem to have better doctors, facilities and procedures now. But my opinion is, VA medical is only an option if it is the ONLY option.
Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it. ~Thomas Paine


And I still see stupid people.