Might want to print a hard copy (Read 2701 times)

changemyoil66

Might want to print a hard copy
« on: August 22, 2018, 11:13:02 AM »
https://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/hrscurrent/Vol03_Ch0121-0200D/HRS0134/HRS_0134-0007_0002.htm


Just in case.  But if push came to shove, I will not fight the police.

WTF?Shane

Re: Might want to print a hard copy
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 12:09:06 PM »
Edit: I didn't read it.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 12:25:09 PM by WTF?Shane »

robtmc

Re: Might want to print a hard copy
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 12:11:30 PM »
Assuming you know they are cops?

I dunno, in a disaster I will not have time to pick and choose targets, so cops should stay clear unless immediate assistance is needed.

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Might want to print a hard copy
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 12:29:00 PM »
Assuming you know they are cops?

I dunno, in a disaster I will not have time to pick and choose targets, so cops should stay clear unless immediate assistance is needed.

Stranger:  Police! I'm here to confiscate your firearms.

Me:  Let me call 911 to confirm your identity. 
Damn, the cell service is jammed with people calling their relatives. 
Come back with a warrant, or when cellular services are available again.

Stranger:  I have a badge and ID.

Me:  Then you should know what you're doing is illegal. 
I'm not letting my guns be taken by someone whose identity I can't confirm with Police HQ.
Have a nice day.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

changemyoil66

Re: Might want to print a hard copy
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 12:33:11 PM »
Stranger:  Police! I'm here to confiscate your firearms.

Me:  Let me call 911 to confirm your identity. 
Damn, the cell service is jammed with people calling their relatives. 
Come back with a warrant, or when cellular services are available again.

Stranger:  I have a badge and ID.

Me:  Then you should know what you're doing is illegal. 
I'm not letting my guns be taken by someone whose identity I can't confirm with Police HQ.
Have a nice day.

^^^This actually is a very good rebuttable.  Until they say "look outside at my cop car in the front".

"Sorry windows get tape on them, as per hurricane recommendations (or left on from Iniki)."

changemyoil66

Re: Might want to print a hard copy
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2018, 12:34:35 PM »
Edit: I didn't read it.

It states our law about how PD can't come to confiscate weapons during an emergency or natural disaster.  Like how they did during Katrina.

So I printed  a hard copy because the internet might be down so you can't pull it from your phone.

changemyoil66

Re: Might want to print a hard copy
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2018, 12:34:53 PM »
.

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Might want to print a hard copy
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2018, 12:46:14 PM »
^^^This actually is a very good rebuttable.  Until they say "look outside at my cop car in the front".

"Sorry windows get tape on them, as per hurricane recommendations (or left on from Iniki)."

Anyone can steal a Cop car.  In Mililani, he'd most likely be in his private, tax-payer-subsidized vehicle anyway.

Vehicles are not ID verification.  For all I know, it's a Cop who's going around taking guns without proper direction to do so.

Trust, but verify.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw