The Good Ol' Days (1957): Anti-Tank Gun Via Mail Order... to Your Door! $189.50 (Read 2981 times)

punaperson

I'm just sayin'...

RSN172

In 1965 at age 15, I ordered a 7mm Mauser from Klein's Sporting Goods, the same place Lee Harvey Oswald got his rifle, and it was delivered to me by the USPS.  Paid $11 for the rifle and about $3 for postage.  It was the good old days as far as guns were concerned.
Happily living in Puna

changemyoil66

And at this time, there were little to no active shooters/school shootings, ect...So what changed?

oldfart

That was a lot of money at that time. But there's probably a lot of these floating around.
Where are they?
What, Me Worry?

robtmc

In 1957-8 I used to be able to ride my bike to Rocky Mountain Fireworks and buy all the M-80s and Cherry Bombs I had quarters for.  All year long.

And then spend a fun day out in fields blowing shit up.

rklapp

Not to mention that the store was on Hollywood Blvd in Los Angeles. Looks like it was plowed over by the 101 highway.
Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
https://ronsreloading.wordpress.com/

changemyoil66

Wait Cali sold an anti-tank gun?  They have fallen far.

What year was this ad?

rklapp

Before Reagan was the governor?
Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
https://ronsreloading.wordpress.com/

robtmc

California before a massive influx of NY'ers over a couple years was very definitely not liberal.  A couple severe northeast winters were the death of it.  In the 1970's as I recall.

Suddenly, NY license plates everywhere, NY delicatessens popping up, Barbara Boxer arrives, the end of all things.

punaperson

Wait Cali sold an anti-tank gun?  They have fallen far.

What year was this ad?
The Good Ol' Days (1957): Anti-Tank Gun Via Mail Order... to Your Door! $189.50

macsak

Wait Cali sold an anti-tank gun?  They have fallen far.

What year was this ad?

focus