Pictures of guns only, Maui NRA group told (Read 2981 times)

punaperson

Pictures of guns only, Maui NRA group told
« on: October 06, 2018, 04:03:31 PM »
No, I didn't make this up. People really are this stupid and ignorant and irrational. I can't fucking believe this, but here it is. You really need to go to the full linked article to read the one stupid remark after another. Without end. Unfuckingbelievable. Morons. Is it any wonder we have Ige and Hirono and Schatz?  :crazy:  :wtf:

The cops, of course, insist that at least four of them be hired for the event, EVEN IF THERE ARE ONLY PICTURES, AND NO FIREARMS ARE PRESENT.  "To protect and to serve", always at the ready. (I can't wait to hear EEF's justification for this one.)

I can just picture Charlton Heston holding a video/photo of a rifle over his head and saying "From my cold dead hands!". Very effective.

Pictures of guns only, NRA group told
Liquor commission nixes showing of real firearms at fundraiser


http://www.mauinews.com/news/local-news/2018/10/pictures-of-guns-only-nra-group-told/

WAILUKU — A gun auction fundraiser for the Maui Friends of NRA at the King Kamehameha Golf Club in Waikapu is moving forward after the Maui County Liquor Control Commission voted Friday to order organizers to replace the weapons with pictures of the firearms.

The Oct. 28 live and silent auction will have about 20 pistols, rifles and knives for sale. Funds raised will be used for college scholarships and to support Maui youth activities and education.

“I do not want to see these guns available and open,” commissioner Alberta de Jetley said. “I know most will be collectors purchasing them, but guns can be stolen. I just cannot see the rationale of having guns like this in our community anywhere. My grandson had a school shooting and the gunman was in the very next classroom.

“It’s only a matter of time before we have a shooting incident on Maui and the less guns we have the better.”

Maui Ammo & Gun Supply owner Mark Redeker and two family members will provide the firearms and would have been the only ones holding the keys to the guns. The guns would have been returned to the gun store at the end of the night and been available for pickup after winners obtained a permit from the state, passed a background check by the federal government and registered their new firearm with the Police Department.

Guests would not have been able to handle the guns at any time, and no minors would be allowed at the event.

The NRA group has previously held an auction at the golf club with the firearms present.

Commissioner Jonathan Todd disagreed with keeping the firearms at the auction and said that it “sounds horribly unsafe.” He asked Gutierrez if there was a problem with replacing the guns with photos or video.

“I’m probably the most right-wing person on Maui,” Todd said. “I want to grant this for you politically, but as a commissioner I have to ask you in the day and age of video why can’t you hold a gun up in a video and pass it around and take all this risk out of our community because a slip here is devastating.”

Inspector

Re: Pictures of guns only, Maui NRA group told
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 04:30:47 PM »
No, I didn't make this up. People really are this stupid and ignorant and irrational. I can't fucking believe this, but here it is. You really need to go to the full linked article to read the one stupid remark after another. Without end. Unfuckingbelievable. Morons. Is it any wonder we have Ige and Hirono and Schatz?  :crazy:  :wtf:

The cops, of course, insist that at least four of them be hired for the event, EVEN IF THERE ARE ONLY PICTURES, AND NO FIREARMS ARE PRESENT.  "To protect and to serve", always at the ready. (I can't wait to hear EEF's justification for this one.)

I can just picture Charlton Heston holding a video/photo of a rifle over his head and saying "From my cold dead hands!". Very effective.

Pictures of guns only, NRA group told
Liquor commission nixes showing of real firearms at fundraiser


http://www.mauinews.com/news/local-news/2018/10/pictures-of-guns-only-nra-group-told/

WAILUKU — A gun auction fundraiser for the Maui Friends of NRA at the King Kamehameha Golf Club in Waikapu is moving forward after the Maui County Liquor Control Commission voted Friday to order organizers to replace the weapons with pictures of the firearms.

The Oct. 28 live and silent auction will have about 20 pistols, rifles and knives for sale. Funds raised will be used for college scholarships and to support Maui youth activities and education.

“I do not want to see these guns available and open,” commissioner Alberta de Jetley said. “I know most will be collectors purchasing them, but guns can be stolen. I just cannot see the rationale of having guns like this in our community anywhere. My grandson had a school shooting and the gunman was in the very next classroom.

“It’s only a matter of time before we have a shooting incident on Maui and the less guns we have the better.”

Maui Ammo & Gun Supply owner Mark Redeker and two family members will provide the firearms and would have been the only ones holding the keys to the guns. The guns would have been returned to the gun store at the end of the night and been available for pickup after winners obtained a permit from the state, passed a background check by the federal government and registered their new firearm with the Police Department.

Guests would not have been able to handle the guns at any time, and no minors would be allowed at the event.

The NRA group has previously held an auction at the golf club with the firearms present.

Commissioner Jonathan Todd disagreed with keeping the firearms at the auction and said that it “sounds horribly unsafe.” He asked Gutierrez if there was a problem with replacing the guns with photos or video.

“I’m probably the most right-wing person on Maui,” Todd said. “I want to grant this for you politically, but as a commissioner I have to ask you in the day and age of video why can’t you hold a gun up in a video and pass it around and take all this risk out of our community because a slip here is devastating.”
This is all about trying to shut the event down. Assholes.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

oldfart

Re: Pictures of guns only, Maui NRA group told
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 05:10:29 PM »
Police and sheriffs soon to be issued 8x10 glossies of their service pistols.
What, Me Worry?

Gordyf

Re: Pictures of guns only, Maui NRA group told
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 08:33:26 AM »
If the Maui County Liquor Commission Is involved, no one should be surprised.
There is not a more arbitrary and capricious enforcement bunch in the State.
Never ceased to amaze me when I lived there.
Aloha
Aloha
Gordy

punaperson

Re: Pictures of guns only, Maui NRA group told
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 12:32:26 PM »
If anyone wants to write the Commission and express their views about their comments and decisions in this case, here is the general email address for the commission. I was told by Ms. Yoshizawa that you can address comments to the commission in general or to particular members and those comments will be forwarded to those specific individuals.

Karilee.Yoshizawa@co.maui.hi.us

Gordyf

Re: Pictures of guns only, Maui NRA group told
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 02:38:56 PM »
If anyone wants to write the Commission and express their views about their comments and decisions in this case, here is the general email address for the commission. I was told by Ms. Yoshizawa that you can address comments to the commission in general or to particular members and those comments will be forwarded to those specific individuals.

Karilee.Yoshizawa@co.maui.hi.us

You may write 'til you are blue in the face. They no kea.
They run all Maui county licensed premises with an Iron fist.
Shut you down in a heartbeat.
Been my experience
Aloha
Gordy

punaperson

Re: Pictures of guns only, Maui NRA group told
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2018, 02:46:18 PM »
You may write 'til you are blue in the face. They no kea.
They run all Maui county licensed premises with an Iron fist.
Shut you down in a heartbeat.
Been my experience
I don't doubt what you say about the commission. I've read stories of their past and current actions.

Re "They no kea." I'm pretty sure that the exact attitude of every Hawaii politician, except maybe one, that I've ever written about our Second Amendment protected rights... BUT... I do it anyway. And I don't do it expecting them to do anything, just want them to know what I think of their actions/inactions. If my name was Bloomberg or Soros or Steyer they might care, but it's not, so they don't. I do it anyway.  :geekdanc: