Updated Hawaiian Airlines Firearm Policy (Read 1782 times)

changemyoil66

Updated Hawaiian Airlines Firearm Policy
« on: November 16, 2018, 10:30:03 AM »
http://hawaiianair.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/677

No need to put locked case inside hard sided suit case anymore.

Looks like they're like all the other airlines now.  Last year it also said "firearm must be in a hard sided suitcase".

Still gonna use my hard sided suitcase because I bought the damn thing.

RSN172

Re: Updated Hawaiian Airlines Firearm Policy
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 11:03:39 AM »
Seems like each station has their own way of handling things.  Hilo and Las Vegas you need to open the gun case so agent can inspect it.  Ammo in same case ok.  Honolulu is the same except agents I had don't ask to inspect firearm.  Phoenix, ammo has to be packed in separate suitcase, which means you will need to check in and pay for two bags.  I have Pualani Gold, so I get two bags free.  After agent inspects the gun and ammo, they take you directly to TSA upstairs where they open and inspect the bag in front of you.  You then lock it up and leave it there.  I thought Phoenix would be the easiest, but it was the most humbug of all.

BTW,  HA recently raised their check in bag fee to $30 for the first and $40 for the second to the mainland.  So if you don't have a Pualani Elite or Premier Club membership, it might cost you as much as $140 to take your gun to the mainland round trip. 
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 11:11:17 AM by RSN172 »
Happily living in Puna