HiFiCo Legislature Opening Day Event (Read 896 times)

zippz

HiFiCo Legislature Opening Day Event
« on: December 17, 2018, 11:32:15 AM »

Event

Come out on Wednesday January 16, 2019 and warmup for next year's gun rights fight.  Everyone is invited and we'll show our reps that we can work together for gun rights.

The Hawaii Legislature's opening day ceremonies start the 2019 session as HIFICO kicks into high gear in the fight for gun rights. It's a festive time and good opportunity to see the Capitol and meet your reps. Come dressed in your HIFICO shirts or other 2a related shirts to represent the cause. Bring your friends, family, and children.

We'll meetup at the front of the capitol and watch the opening day ceremonies. Then we'll tour around the capitol and visit the representatives offices. Bring a good appetite cause there will be plenty of free food there.

Date:  Wednesday January 16, 2019

Time: 9am. Enter the ceremony chamber at 9:30am. If you're late, call me so we can link up. (# will be posted later)

Location: Meet at the front (Beretania St, mountain side) of the State Capitol under the great seal, ground floor.

Attire HIFICO or 2a related shirt or casual attire.

Parking: Vicinity parking lots will be full so you may have a long walk. Catch the bus, uber, or bicycle/biki is best.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 09:14:36 PM by zippz »
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

macsak

Re: HiFiCo Legislature Opening Day Event
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 11:35:56 AM »
Event

Come out and warmup for next year's gun rights fight.  Everyone is invited and we'll show our reps that we can work together for gun rights.

The Hawaii Legislature's opening day ceremonies start the 2019 session as HIFICO kicks into high gear in the fight for gun rights. It's a festive time and good opportunity to see the Capitol and meet your reps. Come dressed in your HIFICO shirts or other 2a related shirts to represent the cause. Bring your friends, family, and children.

We'll meetup at the front of the capitol and watch the opening day ceremonies. Then we'll tour around the capitol and visit the representatives offices. Bring a good appetite cause there will be plenty of free food there.

Attire HIFICO or 2a related shirt or casual attire.

Location: Meet at the front (Beretania St, mountain side) of the state capitol under the great seal, ground floor.

Time: 9am. Enter the ceremony chamber at 9:30am. If you will be late call me so we can link up later. (# will be posted later)

Parking: Vicinity parking lots will be full so you may have a long walk. Catch the bus, uber, or bicycle/biki is best.

you forgot to put the date

zippz

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 11:47:50 AM »
you forgot to put the date

Good thing you're around.

Wednesday January 16, 2019.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

macsak

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 11:49:19 AM »
Good thing you're around.

Wednesday January 16, 2019.

#focus

zippz

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2018, 06:03:26 PM »
Bump, the tough battle starts in 2 1/2 weeks.

Stuff that will probably come out:

Taser/Stun Gun restrictions
Punaperson's concealed carry bill
HIFICO Carry permit bill extending permits to 3 years instead of 1 year.
HIFICO reintroducing registration amnesty
Gun control bills as seen in other states.

This is the best opportunity to get a face to face meeting with your legislative representatives if you've never done so before.  We'll be going around the capitol as a group to meet them.

changemyoil66

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2018, 10:28:06 AM »
I emailed my rep today to remind him what the bill of rights is.  But he is not anti-2a, but not super pro either.  The good idea fairy comes along and influences him.

zippz

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2019, 09:36:16 PM »
Please share this flyer.  Thanks.

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2019, 09:44:22 PM »
Got the card. I work that day but maybe I can take an early lunch and make it down.

zippz

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2019, 10:55:17 PM »
Got the card. I work that day but maybe I can take an early lunch and make it down.

Hope to see you there.  Gun control groups will be out in force.   In other news, the Women's March Oahu has been cancelled ....something to do with reevaluating themselves or something.  Maybe they'll march for gun rights since women have the most to gain from it.

In other news, I started my rounds.  Met with Rep Lee, Kong, and McDermott to raise support.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 11:06:56 PM by zippz »

changemyoil66

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2019, 12:46:18 AM »
Mainland womens march cancelled cause too many white women. Idk about here

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

punaperson

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2019, 06:32:22 AM »
Mainland womens march cancelled cause too many white women. Idk about here
Here's the photo from yesterday's Hilo Tribune-Herald, with several of the commentors making note of the apparent racial makeup of the crowd at last years march:

https://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/2019/01/10/features/womens-wave-march-returns-to-hilo-with-a-week-of-activities-leading-up-to-event/

:stopjack:

Go get 'em zippz!

tillamook

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2019, 08:58:03 AM »
How can I buy someone a membership to HiFiCo as a gift?

Also, where can I find the pictures of the new shirt design where the snake makes up the island chain?

London808

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2019, 10:16:09 AM »
How can I buy someone a membership to HiFiCo as a gift?

Also, where can I find the pictures of the new shirt design where the snake makes up the island chain?

Buy it like you would a regular membership and add it to the notes section and i will take care of it.

I have the only printed shirt right now as i wanted to check the design in print before i ordered more. The logo was a little big so on the actual purchased shirts its going to be a touch smaller.

"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

zippz

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2019, 10:31:21 PM »
Look for our HIFICO banner on the Beretania St side of the capitol.  Come early cause parking will be difficult.