Stupid CFE-Pistol 9mm (Read 2886 times)

jase90

Re: Stupid CFE-Pistol 9mm
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2019, 05:57:41 PM »
Is your test gun a 365?

Yes a bone stock 19 Gen 5 and a P365. I have started shooting out of my custom built gen 3 19s/34 and M9A3 also.

davek42

« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2019, 07:01:37 PM »
You should not post your Bad data. Some one may miss read Hopefully 2A will pull this listing

jase90

« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2019, 07:51:25 PM »
You should not post your Bad data. Some one may miss read Hopefully 2A will pull this listing

Bruh. Let's do this again, just for you my friend... aaaaaaaaaaaaand SHAZAM!
   |
   |
   |
  V

DISCLAIMER: Please DO NOOOOOOOOOT replicate what I am about to share with you as your outcome could be extremely far different than mine, and for the fact I almost... who am I kidding? I COMPLETELY disregarded Hodgdon's load data calculator. Some of velocities I am about to share with you ARE producing pressures WAY outside of SAAMI +p specs. I am just here to share the data that I got at the range.

2nd DISCLAIMER: That being said I am only one sample size and have created my own process of testing, measuring, inspecting, and torturing the cases until failure (case mouth splits only so far with my highest test charge) to collect data. Everything you see here may have worked for me but could go terribly wrong for you. I HAVE ACCESS TO PRIVATE LAND away from bystanders to test these loads should an unfortunate incident occur. Should you use my data for anything other than information and entertainment, STAY AWAY FROM OTHER PEOPLE, do your own ladder testing, measuring, inspecting, getting to know your own equipments variations (in my case I'm specifically talking about the sizing die, powder throw, and bullet seating die). Put in your own hours, trust your gut, protect your face, and DON'T KILL ANYONE AROUND YOU (I had my friends stand stand about 10ft away directly behind me using my body as a meat shield when moving beyond published load data).

jase90

« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2019, 11:42:01 AM »
Just did a little messing around on my work bench. If any of you decide to use the EVERGLADES 124gr FMJ Recessed Base bullet heads, please be cautious. I just found out that the cartridge base to ogive measurements are incredibly inconsistent.

I originally used 5 bullet heads and a spent cartridge to give me my max overall length in my Glock chamber. The shortest max OAL reading I got for a particular bullet was 1.166" back then when I first used this brand of heads, and the other four bullet heads just a little over.

Well today I decided to just mess around on this gloomy day and did it again with a larger sample size. I have had a couple that maxed out in length at 1.143"  :wtf:

I literally made my bullets just short enough by luck to accommodate the shortest max length in the box of heads I received.

Just heads up to anyone that use or thinking about using these bullet heads to chamber check these bullets meticulously.

EDIT: Reworded. Trying to use the "shortest longest length" was confusing lmao. Please let me know if this doesn't make sense lol. I can't English today.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 02:10:16 PM by jase90 »

davek42

« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2019, 12:12:20 PM »
You should have this removed.
 Your the stupid one Not the powder,
 Bad info all the way around.
You should give up on reloading before someone dies

OldMose

« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2019, 02:41:44 PM »
Jase, 
I think what you are doing is dangerous to yourself and to the people shooting next to you.   Just because your "past the red line" loads tested okay in your guns does not prove they are safe loads to shoot anywhere.   You did say you tested once at KHSC and shouldn't have.  People here have politely warned you already.   Imho, you are an accident waiting to happen.  And the person hurt won't be you.

jase90

« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2019, 03:47:11 PM »
You should have this removed.
 Your the stupid one Not the powder,
 Bad info all the way around.
You should give up on reloading before someone dies

*You're.
Think you should get that right at least before you loosely throw that word around. And what did the powder ever do to me or anyone else lol.

There's no point in getting fired up about this my dude. This is like over a month in the past and I've already got my numbers.

I have given my disclaimer and everyone here has there own free will to use their own judgement. The 1st Amendment cuts both ways.

I'll cut you some slack since you might just be following the crowd on this one.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 04:15:51 PM by jase90 »

jase90

« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2019, 04:14:21 PM »
Jase, 
I think what you are doing is dangerous to yourself and to the people shooting next to you.   Just because your "past the red line" loads tested okay in your guns does not prove they are safe loads to shoot anywhere.   You did say you tested once at KHSC and shouldn't have.  People here have politely warned you already.   Imho, you are an accident waiting to happen.  And the person hurt won't be you.

Thanks for worrying for me. I don't shoot these loads at KHSC. I shoot them on private land. And I've shot a couple thousands of them already. When the brass mouths crack. I throw them away. Yes I did admit I shot  one work up at KHSC one time and I did heed other people's warnings because that made sense. I don't want to hurt anyone else while doing my workups past book data. So I strictly do them on shared private land now.

*For everyone*
It is obvious this is not a popular post. But it has hard numbers and take away points. I apologize if I rattled some belief systems and codes some abide by, but I really don't care. I have my own work up system in place AND I don't have half a dozen people standing beside me like most shooters on Hawaii will. If my gun blows up, hey it's not your gun, or your face. And I'm pretty sure the friends I shoot with on private land would just laugh and make fun of my preference for Glocks.

The point is, all the numbers I got on my first test day are open to everyone. And since Freedom of Speech and press are a thing, here you go.

Oh and I feel like this will need to be a regular reminder, like every other week or so.

|
  |
  |
 V

DISCLAIMER: Please DO NOOOOOOOOOT replicate what I am about to share with you as your outcome could be extremely far different than mine, and for the fact I almost... who am I kidding? I COMPLETELY disregarded Hodgdon's load data calculator. Some of velocities I am about to share with you ARE producing pressures WAY outside of SAAMI +p specs. I am just here to share the data that I got at the range.

2nd DISCLAIMER: That being said I am only one sample size and have created my own process of testing, measuring, inspecting, and torturing the cases until failure (case mouth splits only so far with my highest test charge) to collect data. Everything you see here may have worked for me but could go terribly wrong for you. I HAVE ACCESS TO PRIVATE LAND away from bystanders to test these loads should an unfortunate incident occur. Should you use my data for anything other than information and entertainment, STAY AWAY FROM OTHER PEOPLE, do your own ladder testing, measuring, inspecting, getting to know your own equipments variations (in my case I'm specifically talking about the sizing die, powder throw, and bullet seating die). Put in your own hours, trust your gut, protect your face, and DON'T KILL ANYONE AROUND YOU (I had my friends stand stand about 10ft away directly behind me using my body as a meat shield when moving beyond published load data).

macsak

« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2019, 06:51:21 PM »
*You're.
Think you should get that right at least before you loosely throw that word around. And what did the powder ever do to me or anyone else lol.

There's no point in getting fired up about this my dude. This is like over a month in the past and I've already got my numbers.

I have given my disclaimer and everyone here has there own free will to use their own judgement. The 1st Amendment cuts both ways.

I'll cut you some slack since you might just be following the crowd on this one.

*their
Think you should get that right at least before you loosely throw that word around.

macsak

« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2019, 07:01:43 PM »
*You're.

the First Amendment does not apply to a private website...
Think you should get that right at least before you loosely throw that word around
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 07:09:37 PM by macsak »

macsak

« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2019, 07:09:04 PM »
*You're.

the people who are commenting are all experienced reloaders, so the fact that they all agree is not "following the crowd" it is "a clue"

jase90

« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2019, 07:42:57 PM »
*their
Think you should get that right at least before you loosely throw that word around.

Guilty, typing fast. And I'll give that other guy the same benefit of the doubt also.

I'm still hopeful people will at least get something out of my findings. Although it's completely against the grain.

Yes this is a private website, and it never came across my mind that 2Ahawaii.com could ever be like Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram. The owner reserves his rights to do whatever he so pleases with this thread or my account. Should I worry about what content my post contains now? This is a serious question.

macsak

« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2019, 08:12:47 PM »
Guilty, typing fast. And I'll give that other guy the same benefit of the doubt also.

I'm still hopeful people will at least get something out of my findings. Although it's completely against the grain.

Yes this is a private website, and it never came across my mind that 2Ahawaii.com could ever be like Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram. The owner reserves his rights to do whatever he so pleases with this thread or my account. Should I worry about what content my post contains now? This is a serious question.

funny how you only give the other guy the benefit of the doubt when you make the same mistake...

jase90

« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2019, 08:19:53 PM »
funny how you only give the other guy the benefit of the doubt when you make the same mistake...

In my defense it was merely a ribbing attempt back for calling me stupid and fell into the same ditch he was. "Reckless" would have been taken better. Either way, petty shit. The First Amendment cuts both ways.

macsak

« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2019, 08:32:32 PM »
In my defense it was merely a ribbing attempt back for calling me stupid and fell into the same ditch he was. "Reckless" would have been taken better. Either way, petty shit. The First Amendment cuts both ways.

reading is fundamental

jase90

« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2019, 08:41:48 PM »
reading is fundamental

Not to all people.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2019, 12:50:12 AM »
This thread .....

It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.

jase90

« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2019, 06:00:58 AM »
I really didn't not intend it to be.

oldfart

« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2019, 07:07:29 AM »
Here is some perspective on hot 9mm ammo....
In the world of competitive action shooting, there is a rule called power factor.
If your ammunition achieves a higher power factor called "major", you are rewarded with more points.
Obviously everybody wanted more points, so eventually people started pushing 9mm to very high velocity with heavier bullets.

Then the guns started blowing up.

There are many old time combat shooters here in Honolulu who can tell you stories about themselves or their friends blowing up guns.
I've done it, and it ain't fun. (My story was a 38-45 Clerke wildcat)
The problem became so bad that the the governing bodies had to change the rules to lower the power requirements.
Today, people still use major 9mm, but the guns are built to take the higher pressure.
Your guns are not built to take the higher pressure, so it's just a matter of time before you blow yourself up.
What, Me Worry?

macsak

« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2019, 07:25:19 AM »
I really didn't not intend it to be.

try using your First Amendment right to post your data on a large reloading forum and see what type of "group think" they have there