Went to the range today (Read 1790 times)

Gordyf

Went to the range today
« on: January 27, 2019, 06:15:05 PM »
Went to the range today after a fairly long hiatus.
My son (32) was home and we thought we would relive some good times. Did in fact.
Had a ball.
Couple of things I noticed tho'.
Pistol caliber carbines/rifles at the pistol range... the ones I saw were .22 cal. but rifles non the less.
This was a surprise. When did that happen?
Also a large group of non English speaking folks with a lead guy of some sort holding court, running the show.
Maybe it was his friends and family from the old country, or maybe some kind of commercial venture.
IDK, but they did take up a bunch of space.
One would hope the range is properly compensated for any revenue producing activity.
Aloha
Aloha
Gordy

mrgaf

Re: Went to the range today
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 07:31:18 PM »
Went to the range today after a fairly long hiatus.
My son (32) was home and we thought we would relive some good times. Did in fact.
Had a ball.
Couple of things I noticed tho'.
Pistol caliber carbines/rifles at the pistol range... the ones I saw were .22 cal. but rifles non the less.
This was a surprise. When did that happen?
Also a large group of non English speaking folks with a lead guy of some sort holding court, running the show.
Maybe it was his friends and family from the old country, or maybe some kind of commercial venture.
IDK, but they did take up a bunch of space.
One would hope the range is properly compensated for any revenue producing activity.
Aloha

There are a couple of operations (businesses) that bring Japanese and Chinese (have only seen these ethnicities) tourists to the range. Some tourists actually drive themselves and meet up with the folks. Dunno about the money part but I know they have a good time (at least the Japanese do cuz I speak the language). They are monitored and coached well as when they leave they take their smiles and a good impression for the shooting sports. Win/Win as far as I’m concerned... :shaka:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.