[/quote
Interesting comment on what I perceive to be either a growing trend of shoot first, ask questions later, a growth in the resistance offered by perpetrators or suspects when it comes to obeying instructions given by cops or a combination of both.
I ran into a circuit court judge at the gym about two weeks ago. He handles criminal cases. Interestingly, he mentioned that he's seeing a trend with HPD and their use of firearms as a means of addressing situations rather than taking less drastic measures.
[/quote]
Those on this forum should actually be highly critical of police in any police involved shooting, especially if non-lethal options are available. Even when faced with deadly force, police should always seek the non-lethal solution, first. Police are there to protect life, not take it.
Who knows? In such an anti-2nd Amendment environment as we live in Hawaii, would any pro-2nd Amendment supporter like to be stalked by shoot first, ask questions later police officers at the next pro-2nd Amendment rally?
I think not.