Active Shooter Brochure (Read 6932 times)

changemyoil66

Active Shooter Brochure
« on: April 01, 2019, 09:59:50 AM »
Went to my friends workplace and they had a 4 pages front and back of what to do during an active shooting.  It was hung up on their HR board. 

I told him, if anyone working was armed, the brochure would be about 1 sentence. "Return fire/shoot back".  He had an "ah-ha" moment.

6716J

Re: Active Shooter Brochure
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 12:53:15 PM »
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

rustyeleio

Re: Active Shooter Brochure
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 01:31:05 PM »
Yeah, we just had a similar video training at my place.   :crazy: ??? ::)

It covered avoidance, denial, defense.  Overall, not a bad presentation given that they we are not allowed to bring weapons on site, but they missed the elephant in the room, the ability to shoot back.  The defense part was a last resort and  involved using chairs and the like.

There was one part that made me shake my head during the denial part.    If we can't escape/avoid, then we should deny access to our location, and if that fails we should try to escape... ???  little bit of circular logic there.

rklapp

Re: Active Shooter Brochure
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2019, 01:46:35 PM »
Only one poster is needed. We give the training to our clients but I leave it up to my coworkers to give it.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 01:53:23 PM by rklapp »
Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
https://ronsreloading.wordpress.com/

changemyoil66

Re: Active Shooter Brochure
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 02:06:51 PM »
Yeah, we just had a similar video training at my place.   :crazy: ??? ::)

It covered avoidance, denial, defense.  Overall, not a bad presentation given that they we are not allowed to bring weapons on site, but they missed the elephant in the room, the ability to shoot back.  The defense part was a last resort and  involved using chairs and the like.

There was one part that made me shake my head during the denial part.    If we can't escape/avoid, then we should deny access to our location, and if that fails we should try to escape... ???  little bit of circular logic there.

You should have raised your hand and asked "what if I too have a gun.  Can I shoot back?".  Then watch everyone turn around and look at you.

Drakiir84

Re: Active Shooter Brochure
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2019, 02:57:23 PM »
We don't have a poster like that at my job.... but I carry a gun so...
"The rifle is a weapon. Let there be no mistake about that. It is a tool of power, and thus dependent completely upon the moral stature of its user. It is equally useful in securing meat for the table, destroying group enemies on the battlefield, and resisting tyranny. In fact, it is the only means of resisting tyranny, since a citizenry armed with rifles simply cannot be tyrannized."
-Jeff Cooper

groveler

Re: Active Shooter Brochure
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2019, 03:45:23 PM »
Only one poster is needed. We give the training to our clients but I leave it up to my coworkers to give it.


I downloaded the video of the NZ shooting before the Cops took it off the air.
I have a theory as to why they did it.  They don't want to be seen as impotent,
as cops really are.  The Mosque people followed the poster exactly and they were slaughtered.
Cops are not able to protect you. In fact in the video they drove right past the killer.
In the poster #3 is to fight.  That should be #1.
But here in Hawaii if a guy had cheated the law and illegally carried and used a concealed
weapon to stop the attack.  He would be in jail for many crimes.
I've also read that many in NZ are refusing to give up their guns as
is being ordered by the NZ government..
I wonder how many of us in Hawaii would follow such an order?
Seeing as how we have told the government exactly where our guns
are and  who owns them?
I suspect a very many would, but that a good deal more would not.
"Aim small,  shoot small".


macsak

Re: Active Shooter Brochure
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2019, 03:57:49 PM »
I downloaded the video of the NZ shooting before the Cops took it off the air.
I have a theory as to why they did it.  They don't want to be seen as impotent,
as cops really are.  The Mosque people followed the poster exactly and they were slaughtered.
Cops are not able to protect you. In fact in the video they drove right past the killer.
In the poster #3 is to fight.  That should be #1.
But here in Hawaii if a guy had cheated the law and illegally carried and used a concealed
weapon to stop the attack.  He would be in jail for many crimes.
I've also read that many in NZ are refusing to give up their guns as
is being ordered by the NZ government..
I wonder how many of us in Hawaii would follow such an order?
Seeing as how we have told the government exactly where our guns
are and  who owns them?
I suspect a very many would, but that a good deal more would not.
"Aim small,  shoot small".

"aim small, miss small"

changemyoil66

Re: Active Shooter Brochure
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2019, 05:06:57 PM »
Last i checked 37 rifles have been turned in.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

kkhawaii

Re: Active Shooter Brochure
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2019, 07:19:28 AM »
sad to see the solution to an active shooter is to train everyone to be helpless sheep.  just run and hide, very efficient...

rklapp

Re: Active Shooter Brochure
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2019, 10:18:44 PM »
I downloaded the video of the NZ shooting before the Cops took it off the air.
I have a theory as to why they did it.  They don't want to be seen as impotent,
as cops really are.  The Mosque people followed the poster exactly and they were slaughtered.
Cops are not able to protect you. In fact in the video they drove right past the killer.
In the poster #3 is to fight.  That should be #1.
But here in Hawaii if a guy had cheated the law and illegally carried and used a concealed
weapon to stop the attack.  He would be in jail for many crimes.
I've also read that many in NZ are refusing to give up their guns as
is being ordered by the NZ government..
I wonder how many of us in Hawaii would follow such an order?
Seeing as how we have told the government exactly where our guns
are and  who owns them?
I suspect a very many would, but that a good deal more would not.
"Aim small,  shoot small".
That's exactly why I leave it to my coworkers to give the training. I'm the only one in my department with prior military service.
Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
https://ronsreloading.wordpress.com/

6716J

Re: Active Shooter Brochure
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2019, 07:49:50 AM »
I downloaded the video of the NZ shooting before the Cops took it off the air.
I have a theory as to why they did it.  They don't want to be seen as impotent,
as cops really are.  The Mosque people followed the poster exactly and they were slaughtered.
Cops are not able to protect you. In fact in the video they drove right past the killer.


Could you share it via FTP or Google Drive link. Obviously U-tube ain't gonna show it
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

oldfart

Re: Active Shooter Brochure
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2019, 09:37:27 AM »
I subscribe to that keep calm meme.
What, Me Worry?

London808

Re: Active Shooter Brochure
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2019, 09:42:20 AM »
I have to watch this at work every year.

"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

changemyoil66

Re: Active Shooter Brochure
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2019, 12:38:46 PM »
It's funny that most of us forced to take a class or watch these BS videos are thinking "wish I had my gun with me".