Firearm finish (Read 2196 times)

Mdotweber

Firearm finish
« on: April 02, 2019, 09:13:06 PM »
Is there a place on island where I can find supplies for a tough gun finish. I was looking at duplicolor ceramic, seems somewhat similar to gunkote. I also researched making a homemade solution for parkerizing but would prefer to just buy something. Any info would be greatly appreciated :shaka:
"Dont forget, incoming fire has the right of way"-Clint Smith?

Bota-CS1

Re: Firearm finish
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 09:28:15 PM »
What is "tough" to you?  If you want the DIY rattle-can look go with Rustoleum Camo.  Thought I saw it at Home Depot but I could be mistaken.  It will wear with time and handling though.  If you want something more durable then go with Cerakote - several local guys do that.  I've used RedLetter and I've been very happy with his attention to detail.  I've not used Cerakote Hawaii, but others have and say he's good too.  Just know you're going to pay with those two vs. DIY.   :shaka:
No one is coming, it’s up to us.

Legislation should never be about depriving law abiding citizens of something, but rather taking those things away from criminals.

rklapp

Re: Firearm finish
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 10:15:38 PM »
Most stores like SEC and Young Guns have a decent stock.
Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
https://ronsreloading.wordpress.com/