My Colt M1911A1 Repro was confiscated for not being registered (Read 8611 times)

Phazuka

My family moved back to Oahu 8 years ago and my Colt 1911A1 was accidentally left in out household goods.  I was in Australia for 10 years and I moved back here last May and been back and forth from Australia tying up loose ends.

Jan 2019 I was going thru our storage boxes and found it.  My sister is an ultra lib, pretentious, Punahou school teacher snob, anti-gunner and called the police on me.  They took my gun and wrote a report but I called Kapolei PD and it's already at the evidence room at HPD.  Kapolei said its a closed case, no citation or charges. 

They explained I needed the original sales receipt or copy of the receipt and I can collect it from HPD. HPD said they need a letter from the prosecutors office to release it and immediately register it downstairs at the firearms department.   I've talked to the prosecutors in criminal division and they said they need a letter from the detective investigation my report but there is none.

What the hell do I do?  Take my documents to the prosecutors ofc or HPD evidence room or lawyer up?

Few things,  they didn't issue me the report until the week after the incident.  No miranda rights were read.

I was a lw to get a copy of the receipt from the gun shop I purchased it from last week and faxed all the documents to the prosecutors.   What should.I do?

eyeeatingfish

Re: My Colt M1911A1 Repro was confiscated for not being registered
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 09:23:24 PM »
Call up HPD and ask to speak to a detective in CID. Give them the report number and they should be able to tell who is assigned to the case. Then just bug that detective to get the case closed or some official statement so as to clear you of any pending criminal action. That should get the ball rolling. As I understand it, if your the subject of an open investigation they won't issue a permit.

I had a friend arrested for burglary and the case was dropped but 20 years later he tried to get a job and it popped up in a background check in Oregon. (He was arrested here). He had to call up a detective and they just had to close the case properly which eventually got his name cleared.

Heavies

Re: My Colt M1911A1 Repro was confiscated for not being registered
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 09:50:36 PM »
My family moved back to Oahu 8 years ago and my Colt 1911A1 was accidentally left in out household goods.  I was in Australia for 10 years and I moved back here last May and been back and forth from Australia tying up loose ends.

Jan 2019 I was going thru our storage boxes and found it.  My sister is an ultra lib, pretentious, Punahou school teacher snob, anti-gunner and called the police on me.  They took my gun and wrote a report but I called Kapolei PD and it's already at the evidence room at HPD.  Kapolei said its a closed case, no citation or charges. 

They explained I needed the original sales receipt or copy of the receipt and I can collect it from HPD. HPD said they need a letter from the prosecutors office to release it and immediately register it downstairs at the firearms department.   I've talked to the prosecutors in criminal division and they said they need a letter from the detective investigation my report but there is none.

What the hell do I do?  Take my documents to the prosecutors ofc or HPD evidence room or lawyer up?

Few things,  they didn't issue me the report until the week after the incident.  No miranda rights were read.

I was a lw to get a copy of the receipt from the gun shop I purchased it from last week and faxed all the documents to the prosecutors.   What should.I do?

Id get a retraining order on your sister....  sorry had to...

Phazuka

Re: My Colt M1911A1 Repro was confiscated for not being registered
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 10:00:30 PM »
Id get a retraining order on your sister....  sorry had to...

Already handled her.  I'm my old parents caregiver and POA and that's what shes so mad about to try and smear my name.

I've already got my HI collection mostly done, AR15, AR10, AR 9mm and .22, Glock 19x and SW shield 2.0.

hvybarrels

Re: My Colt M1911A1 Repro was confiscated for not being registered
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 11:32:58 PM »
That's pretty low what she did. Get the wrong cop on your case and they could have ruined your life.
“A Communist system can be recognized by the fact that it spares the criminals and criminalizes the political opponent.”   -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Heavies

Re: My Colt M1911A1 Repro was confiscated for not being registered
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2019, 11:43:05 PM »
Already handled her.  I'm my old parents caregiver and POA and that's what shes so mad about to try and smear my name.

I've already got my HI collection mostly done, AR15, AR10, AR 9mm and .22, Glock 19x and SW shield 2.0.
:thumbsup: :shaka:

Welcome back though.  Hope you can get everything straightened out.

Phazuka

Re: My Colt M1911A1 Repro was confiscated for not being registered
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2019, 11:56:23 PM »
That's pretty low what she did. Get the wrong cop on your case and they could have ruined your life.

I know her character even though we haven't talked for 30yrs.  She's 5 years older and always bullied and lied to my parents to bust me.  This time, I key Locked my room and when I went to Aus for a week she got a locksmith to break in and she stole it once before and I didn't do anything to protect my family.  She even went thru all my private medical records I brought from Aus like my medication list a d took pictures then accused me I'd being a drug dealer and drug addict for taking 5mg oxycodone and tylenol-3 threatening to call the cops.

She used to come over every weekend to teach violin and every time she harrassed me I recorded every on my phone,  issued a cease and desist, she kept on, then her husband made a slanderous, selatious recording for my mom.  So, I sent another registered letter promising to write to every Punahou administrators and bord of directors.

That shut them up quick like.

changemyoil66

Re: My Colt M1911A1 Repro was confiscated for not being registered
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2019, 10:01:25 AM »
So SB1466 would really screw you.  It's on its way to the gov's desk IIRC.

Phazuka

Re: My Colt M1911A1 Repro was confiscated for not being registered
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2019, 11:36:34 AM »
So SB1466 would really screw you.  It's on its way to the gov's desk IIRC.

What is this?  I read this, how does this affect me?   :wtf: :wtf:

changemyoil66

Re: My Colt M1911A1 Repro was confiscated for not being registered
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2019, 01:05:48 PM »
What is this?  I read this, how does this affect me?   :wtf: :wtf:

It's Hawaii's "red flag" law.  Which would mean a family member can complain that you are a danger to yourself or to others.  And the police will come to your door and take all your guns.  Up to this point, you do not have the right to "due process" (hearing with a judge)  which is your 4th and 15th amendment right.  So you cannot address any allegations made upon you.  They take your guns first.

IIRC, this bill is moving into law soon.  It's going to the governors desk to be signed.  Other states have already passed the same law and many Sheriff departments across the nation went on TV to publicly state that they will not enforce an unconstitutional law.  Washington, Colorado, Oregon, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, Minnesota, Michigan all have had multiple Sheriff counties refuse to enforce it.

Phazuka

Re: My Colt M1911A1 Repro was confiscated for not being registered
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2019, 01:39:18 PM »
It's Hawaii's "red flag" law.  Which would mean a family member can complain that you are a danger to yourself or to others.  And the police will come to your door and take all your guns.  Up to this point, you do not have the right to "due process" (hearing with a judge)  which is your 4th and 15th amendment right.  So you cannot address any allegations made upon you.  They take your guns first.

IIRC, this bill is moving into law soon.  It's going to the governors desk to be signed.  Other states have already passed the same law and many Sheriff departments across the nation went on TV to publicly state that they will not enforce an unconstitutional law.  Washington, Colorado, Oregon, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, Minnesota, Michigan all have had multiple Sheriff counties refuse to enforce it.

I have a storage unit in Texas I will ship my guns to and they inventory and place firearms in controllled climate conditions.  If my sister did that to me I’d send recording of all of her threats, harassment and bullying to Punahou School and I’m sure both of them would be fired for the things they have been saying about me and also kick her daughter out of punahou.  I believe I have checkmate on them.  My sister even keyed my brand new $40k Lexus and. I didn’t report her.

Eric808

Re: My Colt M1911A1 Repro was confiscated for not being registered
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2019, 01:51:33 PM »
Be sure to bakcup your phone and also store those recording in another location/site, preferably in the cloud, for easy access.

You should also quietly document her "breaking into" your room, she may say that your parents gave her permission.

robtmc

Re: My Colt M1911A1 Repro was confiscated for not being registered
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2019, 04:00:22 PM »
That's pretty low what she did.
While she was alive, my sister would have done similar.  She really hated my politics and beliefs.

rpoL98

Re: My Colt M1911A1 Repro was confiscated for not being registered
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2019, 07:03:11 PM »
It's Hawaii's "red flag" law.  Which would mean a family member can complain that you are a danger to yourself or to others.  And the police will come to your door and take all your guns.  Up to this point, you do not have the right to "due process" (hearing with a judge)  which is your 4th and 15th amendment right.  So you cannot address any allegations made upon you.  They take your guns first.

IIRC, this bill is moving into law soon.  It's going to the governors desk to be signed.  Other states have already passed the same law and many Sheriff departments across the nation went on TV to publicly state that they will not enforce an unconstitutional law.  Washington, Colorado, Oregon, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, Minnesota, Michigan all have had multiple Sheriff counties refuse to enforce it.

sister red-flagged her brother, over differences of opinions.
https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-aa-shooting-20181105-story.html
https://americanmilitarynews.com/2018/11/md-police-kill-armed-man-in-his-own-home-during-red-flag-law-gun-confiscation/
https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/local/maryland/gun-seizure-under-red-flag-law-leaves-suspect-dead-in-glen-burnie/65-611267631

ETA: I guess I should post this in the SB1466 thread.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 07:57:06 PM by rpoL98 »

Phazuka

Re: My Colt M1911A1 Repro was confiscated for not being registered
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2019, 08:51:56 PM »
sister red-flagged her brother, over differences of opinions.
https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-aa-shooting-20181105-story.html
https://americanmilitarynews.com/2018/11/md-police-kill-armed-man-in-his-own-home-during-red-flag-law-gun-confiscation/
https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/local/maryland/gun-seizure-under-red-flag-law-leaves-suspect-dead-in-glen-burnie/65-611267631

ETA: I guess I should post this in the SB1466 thread.

I already made an anonymous tip to the FBI about my sister and brother in laws guns and my sister is unstable and works in a private school and she had a visit from the feds but didn’t take their guns but the local police took my gun for being unregistered.

ren

Re: My Colt M1911A1 Repro was confiscated for not being registered
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2019, 09:07:42 PM »
your crazy sister teaches at a school where a POTUS went? :o
Deeds Not Words

Phazuka

Re: My Colt M1911A1 Repro was confiscated for not being registered
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2019, 09:09:50 PM »
your crazy sister teaches at a school where a POTUS went? :o

Sister, BiL and niece are Punahou snobs.

Phazuka

Re: My Colt M1911A1 Repro was confiscated for not being registered
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2020, 11:40:19 PM »
Just an update but my sister physically assaulted me and I filed a TRO and it was approved and we have been stuck in the court system for over 6 months.  Feb 23 is the last hearing and I've been representing myself while my sister has some high price punahou law firm perrell and ferrault bit I've been holding my own and my sister completely fabricated an affidavit that I physically threatened her before. 

Well, why didn't she call the police?  Why didn't she tell my father?  She also secretly recorded me 9 times and verbally abused me trying to get me to say or do something but I always kept my cool, kept my mouth shut and walked away if she tried to start a fight.  So, she stupidly submitted them as exhibits.  She also freaked out on email and admitted she was recording me and was going to use the recording to blackmail and exhort me to my uncle and he testified in the last hearing that she's mentally unstable.

Wish me luck at the next and final hearing.  I have been doing all I can to drag out the time and make her pay for every hour her lawyer charges....

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Heavies

Re: My Colt M1911A1 Repro was confiscated for not being registered
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2020, 06:05:16 AM »
Just an update but my sister physically assaulted me and I filed a TRO and it was approved and we have been stuck in the court system for over 6 months.  Feb 23 is the last hearing and I've been representing myself while my sister has some high price punahou law firm perrell and ferrault bit I've been holding my own and my sister completely fabricated an affidavit that I physically threatened her before. 

Well, why didn't she call the police?  Why didn't she tell my father?  She also secretly recorded me 9 times and verbally abused me trying to get me to say or do something but I always kept my cool, kept my mouth shut and walked away if she tried to start a fight.  So, she stupidly submitted them as exhibits.  She also freaked out on email and admitted she was recording me and was going to use the recording to blackmail and exhort me to my uncle and he testified in the last hearing that she's mentally unstable.

Wish me luck at the next and final hearing.  I have been doing all I can to drag out the time and make her pay for every hour her lawyer charges....

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk



I am very sorry you have to go through this. 

I can relate a little, having to deal with a loved one that had serious medical and mental disturbance.  Although my firearms rights where never threatened in my experiences, I know how utterly physically,  financially, and mentally exhausting it can be, and how little to no help is available to help with these types of situations. 

Stay strong.

changemyoil66

Re: My Colt M1911A1 Repro was confiscated for not being registered
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2020, 09:04:11 AM »
Just an update but my sister physically assaulted me and I filed a TRO and it was approved and we have been stuck in the court system for over 6 months.  Feb 23 is the last hearing and I've been representing myself while my sister has some high price punahou law firm perrell and ferrault bit I've been holding my own and my sister completely fabricated an affidavit that I physically threatened her before. 

Well, why didn't she call the police?  Why didn't she tell my father?  She also secretly recorded me 9 times and verbally abused me trying to get me to say or do something but I always kept my cool, kept my mouth shut and walked away if she tried to start a fight.  So, she stupidly submitted them as exhibits.  She also freaked out on email and admitted she was recording me and was going to use the recording to blackmail and exhort me to my uncle and he testified in the last hearing that she's mentally unstable.

Wish me luck at the next and final hearing.  I have been doing all I can to drag out the time and make her pay for every hour her lawyer charges....

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I hope she doesn't know about the red flag law.