windward oahu wants to secede (Read 581 times)

Mdotweber

"Dont forget, incoming fire has the right of way"-Clint Smith?

ren

Re: windward oahu wants to secede
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 08:07:18 AM »
Sure. Go for it. They sustain themselves.

changemyoil66

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 08:53:42 AM »
Would that mean that HPD or any LE has no jurisdiction there?  If yes, then I'm gonna OC my AR.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 09:12:24 AM »
Would that mean that HPD or any LE has no jurisdiction there?  If yes, then I'm gonna OC my AR.

Becoming a new city or county means they are still subject to the laws of the state.  if they are no longer under HPD jurisdiction, they'll have their own PD.  They would also still be under federal jurisdiction.
It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.

changemyoil66

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 09:22:15 AM »
Just had a lady on the news this morn from Kaneohe or Kailua saying how no helicopters should go over the city.  She wants a 1 mile min distance to shore.

drck1000

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 10:07:39 AM »
Good luck. They gonna use MCBH as airport?

RSN172

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2019, 01:58:03 PM »
Nay, C&C of HNL will have a $20 toll to drive through any tunnel.  Stupid idea that will never happen.

ren

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2019, 03:11:18 PM »
they should also pay back the C&C Honolulu for all that infrastructure

eyeeatingfish

robtmc

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2019, 11:41:42 AM »
Why should they?  Plenty of independent cities within L.A. county and they all use LAX.

drck1000

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2019, 12:25:04 PM »
Why should they?  Plenty of independent cities within L.A. county and they all use LAX.
I was being sarcastic, but. . .

There are cities in LA that seceded from the US? 

zippz

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2019, 12:33:15 PM »

The closest thing to that is the Indian reservations.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

zippz

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2019, 12:36:18 PM »
I wonder if they'd be better off economically.  Real estate might be higher priced  on average, no rail tax, more concentrated area for services and infrastructure...
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

robtmc

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2019, 01:42:18 PM »

My quick thought was they wanted to secede from Honolulu city control..  Do not really know the relation between cities on Oahu, being it is all Honolulu now, not the county of Oahu..

Had in mind all the L.A. county cities with independent operation from L.A. like Bev Hills, etc.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 01:53:36 PM by robtmc »

drck1000

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2019, 01:45:56 PM »
My quick thought was they wanted to secede from Honolulu.
Ahh.  F-ing townies. . . (which I am  :P )